Jurgens XCape - Page 54

Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4 29 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54
Results 1,061 to 1,073 of 1073

Thread: Jurgens XCape

Default Re: Jurgens XCape

Good decision - brilliant little van.

Morning to all.
    For some time I have pursued various ideas of a permanent double bed inside the Xcape. I am yet to look, and thinking of removing the cupboard at the door and the fridge, thus creating a walk through area. The wheel arch would then form a step.
    Does the cupboard, ad to the stability of the interior. I think the new ones the cupboard is turned around.
    Can anyone offer advise on these possible changes or possibly has done this.
    Gary Wade

20 years of various Discoveries without oil leaks!!!
    Sprinkling of Toyotas in between.

I am back fom my short day drive down to Trennery's on the wild coast where we camped for three days. To get there we drove through the Eastern Freestate.

We took the road from Johannesburg to Heilbron, Lindley, Senekal, Rosendal, Ficksburg, Ladybrand, Hobhouse, Wepener, Zastron, Dilli Dilli, Barkley East, Elliot, Ngcobo, Tsomo eventualy arriving at the Kei Mouth ferry crossing and then Trennery's Hotel where we camped for two nights. The drive down took 3days. The first night we camped at Ladybrand and then we took the R393 to Lower Telle and travel over Lundeans Nek pass to Balloch Cottage between Rhodes and BarkleyEast where we camped the second night. From Trennery's we went to Double Mouth where we set up a quick camp for one night.

Coming back we travelled via Komga,Stutterheim, Keiskammahoek, Hogsback, Alice, Fort Beafort, Bedford, Cradock, Graaff Reinet, Nieu Bethesda, Hanover, Phillipstown, Petrusville, Luckhoff, Koffiefontein, Jacobsdal, Kimberley and then the final stretch back home.

We camped all the way with the Xcape, except our last night in Jacobsdal where we stayed at a guest house. Most campsites we were the only people. It rained a lot but we stayed dried inside our little travelling holiday home. Setting up camp and breaking down took no more than 10 - 15 minutes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	038.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	287.6 KB 
ID:	562914   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	045.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	274.1 KB 
ID:	562915   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	048.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	238.9 KB 
ID:	562916   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	058.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	493.9 KB 
ID:	562917   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	073.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	259.6 KB 
ID:	562918   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	080.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	432.6 KB 
ID:	562919   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	109.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	425.8 KB 
ID:	562920   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	113.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	376.4 KB 
ID:	562921  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	153.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	328.7 KB 
ID:	562922   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	185.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	241.1 KB 
ID:	562923  

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mur2 For This Useful Post:

Wow, a trip from heaven. Every one of those place names stirs up a memory, all good. As does mention of the Xcape, havenít used ours for too long! Well done and thanks for sharing, mur2.

Quote Originally Posted by mur2 View Post
    I am back fom my short day drive down to Trennery's on the wild coast where we camped for three days. To get there we drove through the Eastern Freestate.

We took the road from Johannesburg to Heilbron, Lindley, Senekal, Rosendal, Ficksburg, Ladybrand, Hobhouse, Wepener, Zastron, Dilli Dilli, Barkley East, Elliot, Ngcobo, Tsomo eventualy arriving at the Kei Mouth ferry crossing and then Trennery's Hotel where we camped for two nights. The drive down took 3days. The first night we camped at Ladybrand and then we took the R393 to Lower Telle and travel over Lundeans Nek pass to Balloch Cottage between Rhodes and BarkleyEast where we camped the second night. From Trennery's we went to Double Mouth where we set up a quick camp for one night.

Coming back we travelled via Komga,Stutterheim, Keiskammahoek, Hogsback, Alice, Fort Beafort, Bedford, Cradock, Graaff Reinet, Nieu Bethesda, Hanover, Phillipstown, Petrusville, Luckhoff, Koffiefontein, Jacobsdal, Kimberley and then the final stretch back home.

We camped all the way with the Xcape, except our last night in Jacobsdal where we stayed at a guest house. Most campsites we were the only people. It rained a lot but we stayed dried inside our little travelling holiday home. Setting up camp and breaking down took no more than 10 - 15 minutes.
    what a nice route especially going via Lundean's nek. What was the condition of the road getting to Balloch? thanks for the nice report

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Botha View Post
    what a nice route especially going via Lundean's nek. What was the condition of the road getting to Balloch? thanks for the nice report
    A little bit washed away at places but otherwise not to bad.
    With towing an off road caravan it is always slow going but that is what we are supposed to do on roads like this.
    Close to the summit there was a local from one of the villages coming from the front but he had good manners and pulled over for me to pass and there was still ample space.

Quote Originally Posted by mur2 View Post
    A little bit washed away at places but otherwise not to bad.
    With towing an off road caravan it is always slow going but that is what we are supposed to do on roads like this.
    Close to the summit there was a local from one of the villages coming from the front but he had good manners and pulled over for me to pass and there was still ample space.
    thanks for the info...we are meant to visit the War trail area end of April but with the Virus related issues , I think we might have to postpone for the time being

Omdat ons kamp tot agterplaas kamp beperk is, kom ons praat bietjie oor die beste mods wat jy aangebring het op jou XCape. Hier is Swambo se top 3:

In die eerste plek : vergroting van kombuis hoek deur Johan Fourie
    Tweede : vergroting van wasbak

Derdens : Kasdeur se deur omgedraai sodat hy vanaf karavaandeur se kant oopmaak

Wat is joune?
    Donít wait for opportunity. Create it.

Good idea.

I also turned the cupboard door around - great improvement, but, other than what I did when I originally bought this little gem all those years ago, not much more exciting from me.

You have to include pictures though!

A while ago I had a dispute with a gentleman about towing an off road caravan or trailer down into Die Hel Gamkaskloof. I saw this picture about the road going north from Savuti to Goha Gate and I am grateful that I never met him coming from the front. I towed a Brakhah trailer and caravan a few times on this stretch of road and about every time I met people coming from the front and it took quite an effort to get past each other. I remember one incident when I struggled with my 1994 Toyota Hilux 2.2 with a brospeed conversion and trailer then, to get out of the road. Coming from the front was a Landrover Discovery 1 V8 also towing an offroad trailer. Halfway out of the track I got stuck. At the back of the Hilux on the tailgate I had a sticker Land Rover Recovery Vehicle. Going past me halfway out of the track the driver spotted the sticker. He stopped, got out of the Discovery, and shouted to his wife ď Mamma bring die video kameraĒ. After recovering me we had a few cold ones and a great laugh. For a short while we were best of friends and
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Hennie Steyn View Post
    Hi all Xcapers.
    On all the Xcape forums I was always interested to see what modifications other owners did to their caravans. Quite a few of my own mods came from ideas I got on these.
    Swambo always accuses me of modifying everything I buy, and that also applies to our Xcape. When we bought this 2015 model we actually thought of getting the new "face lift" model but we did not like the canvas zip and velcro cupboard flaps. We liked the bigger bed and kitchen setup but the older model just looked better finished off, and appealed to us more. The previous owner had it for only a short while and it still looked brand new. He also fitted an extra 70 liter water tank as well as a second battery, these extras sealed the deal. After our first trip to Kruger all the modifications started
    First was the bed. As you all know climbing over your partner in the middel of the night is not fun.
    Then came the kitchen. The stove was taken out of that stupid box and now it swivels over a new extended table top, (much more working space) also fitted an extra washing up basin.
    On one of our tips we discoverd that the water run off on the front awning was far from ideal, so a extra alu pipe was fitted to solve this problem.
    We always carry enough fire wood, where do you put this? So an expanded metal box on tha A-frame solved this.
    The jerry cans at the back was no longer nessesary, the Xcape had an extra water tank and my Landy also has an extra tank. So two alu boxes replaced the jerries, these are used for pots and pans and for dirty ground sheets.
    All the poles are stored in length of 110mm pipe below the alu boxes.
    Several extra Hella sockets and 220v sockets were fitted.
    A portable Defy aircon makes camping in summer a pleasure.
    The 50 liter NL Weekender was replaced with a72 liter double door NL.(easier said than done)
    A C-tek Dc-Dc charger was installed for the solar panel.
    Two small Energizer lights, secured with velcro serves as reading lights.
    Something we never wanted but really find usefull was a PortaPotti.
    The last mod was a storage box for tent pegs behind the right wheel arch.
    Now our Xcape is ready to concer Africa!!

Hennie

Could you post more detail on the modifications done to extend the bed which was posted on 2018/05/16, 01:57 PM in the Jurgens Xcape
    thread.

Regards

Louwrens Rieckert
    082 460 1973
    [email protected]

can you post more info regarding the extra fitted 70l water tank.
    if possible a photo will be much appreciated.

Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4 29 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54