Jurgens XCape - Page 3

Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Jurgens XCape

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Botha View Post
    Clive you might want to consider Qodesh caravan park about 30km from bronkhorstspruit en route to groblersdal. Nice small and intimate park with 10km lekker dirt rd...exactly what the doctor ordered.

I will be sure to investigate that more. I am going to need more leave

Quote Originally Posted by Bosluis 3de Generasie View Post
    First of all, I had a Echo 3 Off road Trailer. Excellent but the sails became to heavy for me and my wife.

Now in possession of a Xcape Caravan. Very pleased with it and towing with my SWB Pajero, is a pleasure. Very good combination.

Made a few changes to the electrical system and wiring side and add an extra 105Ah battery. Had to redo the wiring to accommodate the solar panels. The Hercules charger stopped working after 8 months and of course the warranty was then out of the window. Ideal time to replace it with a CTEK MXS 25A charger. Cut the Hercules in half and kept the earth leakage and switches and add an extra kettle plug to feed the CTEK. Also installed extra plugs on the outside, next to the kitchen for the freezer and extra lighting as needed.

Hope you can see attached photos, taken with a Nokia 1520 phone.

Good day to all and sorry for my English.
    This wiring job is a work of art!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Greeff View Post
    Taking delivery tomorrow at 07h45 - yeeeeehaah! Cannot wait.

Joel and everyone else at Loftus Caravan City have been nothing short of superb. Service out of this world with the approach of under promise and over deliver - long may it last but I know that it has; we bought our first van from them in about 1989 and nothing has changed.

The modifications that they have done for me: fitted an outside table, extra power point, extra Hella and cigarette lighter sockets, gas pipe reticulation, fitted a nose cone, extra lighting, etc. I'll put some pictures up once we have her home but she already looks superb.

And then a three week roadtrip later this month with my new XCape behind my Defender and just my lovely wife for company. What more could a man want? A motor bike ride? That happens the week before the road trip - very happy days indeed.
    Hey Mike, thanks again for the kind words on your post.
    Thanks as well to you for introducing me to the Forum....I'm still trying to get familiar with how it all works... Enjoy your trip

Regards

Joel

Mike have you gone camping yet? I am at Pilansberg with the wife to get a feel for the XCape. So far very happy. Just not too sure if the water pump should be noisy and why the Water level indicator is showing a red light.

I'll check with Joel at Loftus then he can explain to me the correct way to lights the stove as well

Otherwise, best decision was the XCape!!! I love it.

Can vouch for the Brothers as well. Damn good service over the years with my caravans I bought and the odd repair etc.
    Welcome Joel.
    Duncan
    There is no task too simple for some people to complicate !

Chev Aveo and Atos and Polo.

Morning Clive, no we haven't camped 'in anger' yet. My wife towed it down to Clarens (effortless she said) and I met her there off a bike trip. It has been fully set up in the garden as we've packed it, explored it and got to know it. Leaving next week for Gariep, Sutherland, Cape Town and then the West Coast.

Pleased to hear you're so happy with yours. Carry on enjoying it. Very, very happy with our decision.

Lying in bed in the Xcape in Sutherland. Lekker cold and snow forecast so we're going to hang around a while.

This Xcape is magnificent! A few hundred Kay's of serious gravel and mountain passes - handled it like a dream. Everything handled the ride, sometimes quite rough, with no hitch. Not a speck of dust - we are delighted.

Oukloof Pass is worth a look - lovely road.

Just as happy with my Xcape. Defnitely the best 2 berth and good value as well.
    Wish I was also now going somewhere and sleep well.

I wish Jurgens would convert a Xcape into a 4 berth unit. Change the cupboard layout and add the front fold-out bed of the Xplorer. I think that will be a top seller.
    Disclaimer - All my posts on this forum is without prejudice, is based on my fair assumptions or perceptions, is in no way intended to cause harm to anyone and is acted upon at your own discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Greeff View Post
    Lying in bed in the Xcape in Sutherland. Lekker cold and snow forecast so we're going to hang around a while.

This Xcape is magnificent! A few hundred Kay's of serious gravel and mountain passes - handled it like a dream. Everything handled the ride, sometimes quite rough, with no hitch. Not a speck of dust - we are delighted.

Oukloof Pass is worth a look - lovely road.
    Great to hear you enjoying your trip and the Xcape.
    1951 Land Rover Series I 80" 2-litre ioe tilt (project)
    1975 Land Rover Series III 88" 2.25 p soft top (workhorse)
    1998 Land Rover Defender 90 2.8i CSW (expedition vehicle)
    1977 Land Rover Series III 109" 2.25 p station wagon (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    I wish Jurgens would convert a Xcape into a 4 berth unit. Change the cupboard layout and add the front fold-out bed of the Xplorer. I think that will be a top seller.
    My concern is that the bed feels to short for me; I am 194 cm, think it is 6'3". Any comments on this from someone?

A "room with a view" as experienced from my Xcape
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0547.jpg 
Views:	567 
Size:	110.5 KB 
ID:	304336   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0546.jpg 
Views:	557 
Size:	117.6 KB 
ID:	304337  
    1951 Land Rover Series I 80" 2-litre ioe tilt (project)
    1975 Land Rover Series III 88" 2.25 p soft top (workhorse)
    1998 Land Rover Defender 90 2.8i CSW (expedition vehicle)
    1977 Land Rover Series III 109" 2.25 p station wagon (sold)

The previous owner of our Xcape converted the left corner of the tent to a square corner, making the tent a lot bigger. It is drawing attention wherever we camp. Should be manufactured like that by Jurgens

The two berth aspect is what sold it to us, I wouldn't want that changed but to each their own.

Tom, maybe it's you - can't you lose a foot or two? You're right though; I'm at 1,82m and even lying on the longer section the bed just makes it for me, comfortably but just. Thank heavens my wife is so short and sleeps in the fold out part.

Road tripping as we are and only stopping a night or two at time we've only put the awning up over the bed, not the front. Working perfectly and haven't really needed it so far. However, a bigger tent could be interesting.

Lrswb - lovely.

We're just in from a drive from Sutherland over the Ouberg Pass and around Ashoek. Geez, we live in a beautiful country!

And I wouldn't hesitate to take the Xcape over it; even the sections that called for low range.

Ouberg is a must for your 1200 gs? Next time...

An absolute must Tom. I'll be back for that.

Right now though the Xcape is earning his stripes with the cold fronts rolling through. Snow promised for tonight which is the reason we extended our stay in Sutherland.

This little camper is top notch. Raining now and it doesn't make a jot of difference, comfortable as anything in here. Tea and coffee on tap so bring it on. All the comfort of a caravan with the sound and feel of a tent - brilliant.

Jislaaik - that sounds very nice compared to my office right now!

Enjoy Sutherland......and the snow!
    2008 Discovery 3 V8 HSE
    2015 Bushlapa Miskruier 395 (...hy het nie naam nie, sy naam moet hy nog kry....)
    Previous: 2000 Discovery 2 TD5 SE, XT 140

Goeie genade! What we haven't thrown at this Xcape/Defender combination and it has come through with flying colours! On road towing is a dream, it just sits as true as the day is long. Off road - well - some of the passes and "gravel" roads we have been over have tested everything, my adrenaline and heart rate included. Not once has it been found wanting. Through the Cederberg, Biedouw Valley and Wupperthal area we have seen South Africa at it's best. Now at Springbok to see the flowers in this area - flip, what a trip to test the new addition!

And then set up and living in it have been everything we hoped for. We are delighted with the Xcape and, as always, the Defender 90.

Once home I'll put up some pictures and suggestions we've found have made it even better.

BUMP

We recently purchased an 2013 Jurgens Xcape, and went camping this past weekend at Afri-Sun ((EXCELLENT place with normal caravan park, and few rustic bush camps)).

What mods have you done to your Xcape or what would you suggest??
    Pictures??

Thanks
    Armand

Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 28 ... LastLast