Default How does the Body Spacer Kit work?

Hi Guys,

A quick question. How exactly does the Body Spacer Kit work? What I mean is, does it actually lift the body away from the suspension? So if I have it fitted to my Terry, will it lift it's stomach away from the Diffs, thereby making the body itself higher without increasing the height of the diffs? Will it then also lift the engine in front? Why is it a good thing to have this done?

If this is correct, does it mean that my body will now be 75mm higher than it is with the TJM lifting kit on it? Will this allow me to compare to a short wheel base then?

I know this is probably a stupid question, but I've never had something like this done before and I'm trying to figure out what to do first on the vehicle, the Skid Plates and Rock Sliders or the Body Spacer Kit or perhaps even the Body Spacer Kit and the Skid Plates together.
    Decided to trade up

Jeep Cherokee 4.0L XJ

Future Modifications:
    OME Suspension System Nitrocharger Sport
    Skid plates
    Rock Sliders
    Airflow snorkel

1. The body is lifted away from the chassis, suspension, motor.

2. It's done for space for bigger tyres, increase approach and departure angle (bumpers raised), and a bit more clearance on the sides (with more space to fit rock sliders).
    Also for looks. Many guys do it purely for looks.
    You will only get clearance underneath by fitting larger tyres.

3. I don't quite follow the short wheel base question

4. Ultimately the best and cheapest would be to save up and have the body lift, skid plates, rocksliders, bumpers all done at the same time because they will all be affected by the body lift.
    Even if you just go with a body lift first. They will still have to raise your existing bumpers. That's wasted effort and money.
    Haggle with them and find out how much it would save you in your pocket by doing more than one thing at a time to save on work.
    If they have fixed prices and no saving for you then do them one at a time.
    * "Wat Spike probeer s in sy min woorde" -Die Skim "
    .................................................. .....

Quote Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
    Hi Guys,

So if I have it fitted to my Terry, will it lift it's stomach away from the Diffs, thereby making the body itself higher without increasing the height of the diffs?
    The only way to lift the diffs is to fit bigger tyres.

H2F
    Everything is a hammer.
    Unless it is a screw driver.

Then it it a chisel.

083 399 2046

Sorry, just confirm that the Terry has not got an integrated chassis and body. Can you even do a body lift?
    David/Hillbilly - 1997 SFA Nissan Sani 2,7 TD - 5" lift on 33" tires - Dual Transfer with 4.1 gears

http://www.youtube.com/user/davidabcab

4ePajero Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bfreesani View Post
    Sorry, just confirm that the Terry has not got an integrated chassis and body. Can you even do a body lift?
    T'Can is a Gen2 Pajero with a fancy body & lately Hyundai engine.

Thus rail chassis & body.

Check my signature Bfreesani and you will see as such. Taliesin Spike is quite correct in all his responces. I managed to get reduced prices doing things together. Hope you can. If not start on Spacers, Front bumper then skid plates. Back bumper can be done later with rock sliders and then snorkel. My advice. Use don't use it, but have fun doing it
    Morton the " BEAST " Berg
    3 Skid plates;75mm lift;275/70/16 Maxxis MT's;Merrit 16rims;Maxe spots+ night breakers on all lights; Solace protection;TJM snorkel;TJM XGS shocks;TJM coils+Bellows; Maniac front & rear steel bumpers;Spare wheel and 3x Jerry can carriers;Rock sliders;Side awning;Front Runner roof rack; Dual batt system;Procool fridge/freezer;2xGarmin;clinometer;Twin free flow exhaust,Fini comp; ARB independent Airlockers F&B; Winch; Drawer Sys;50Lt Water tank;VHF&29Mhz(2)radios; 8x ss Fish road holders; Safety whip&flag.Future mods,Viper V10or Lex V8 Lumina 6lt

Smile Steps

Cule guys. Thanks I'll go with the Body Lift first then with the Skid Plates. I get the fact that the diff can only be lifted with bigger tires, but I was wondering whether this lift will have an effect on my clearance below the engin and the body itself. When you get stuck, it's usually because you're lying on your stomack and not because of the diff alone. Hence the question about the swb. If we can get more clearance underneath, then we should in essence be able to do the same as swbs over sharp tops.

I've got a front bumper fitted to my CAN, so there will probably be some changes to it.

Thanks alot though I'll speak to Mark at LA Sport and see what we can work out I'll keep you guys up to date as to what gets done it and when
    Decided to trade up

Jeep Cherokee 4.0L XJ

Future Modifications:
    OME Suspension System Nitrocharger Sport
    Skid plates
    Rock Sliders
    Airflow snorkel

Just remember that the skid plates are the most important accessory IMHO.

Body lift first is the correct sequence moneywise but if there is going to be a long delay till you get the bucks for the other stuff, then do skid plates first.
    * "Wat Spike probeer s in sy min woorde" -Die Skim "
    .................................................. .....

Mr T you goo mate. Don't think Mark has to do much to your bumper but only mod the front skid plate to fit. The rest are standard. You can look at + - R500 a plate. Good luck
    Morton the " BEAST " Berg
    3 Skid plates;75mm lift;275/70/16 Maxxis MT's;Merrit 16rims;Maxe spots+ night breakers on all lights; Solace protection;TJM snorkel;TJM XGS shocks;TJM coils+Bellows; Maniac front & rear steel bumpers;Spare wheel and 3x Jerry can carriers;Rock sliders;Side awning;Front Runner roof rack; Dual batt system;Procool fridge/freezer;2xGarmin;clinometer;Twin free flow exhaust,Fini comp; ARB independent Airlockers F&B; Winch; Drawer Sys;50Lt Water tank;VHF&29Mhz(2)radios; 8x ss Fish road holders; Safety whip&flag.Future mods,Viper V10or Lex V8 Lumina 6lt

Default Be watching with interest...

Hi Taliesin

We've also got a Terracan '07 with the standard 'shock lift' and will watching out for your feedback on your progress with interest.

Good luck.
    ATLANTIC
    GRAND CHEROKEE 3L V6 DIESEL OVERLANDER
    CONQUEROR COMMANDER