Default : New Nikon D810 DSLR + D810 Filmmaker's Kit

Equipped with the EXPEED 4 processor, the new D810 from Nikon offers a 30% increase in speed over its predecessor and with its OLPF removed, the 36.3MP CMOS sensor provides maximum sharpness.
    An increased ISO range of 64–12800 expands to 32–51200. Additionally, the camera sports a new high-resolution 1,229k-Dot 3.2" LCD screen with Color Customization.

Autofocus sees the implementation of Group Area AF, and the D810 can shoot up to 5 fps in FX or 7 fps in DX crop mode. The RAW SIZE S file format allows you to save storage space while maintaining editing capabilities. Improved ergonomics include a deeper grip and the addition of an i Button for faster operation.

Video shooters can rejoice, since 60p full HD 1920 x 1080 recording is now available along with a Flat Picture Control Profile, for getting the most workable images straight out of the camera. Zebra Stripes help ensure that you don't overexpose your image, and video can be recorded to a memory card and an external recorder simultaneously.

Selectable Wide and Voice frequency ranges and a built-in stereo microphone make for improved audio control and quality. Time-lapse and interval shooting have been revamped with the ability to record up to 9,999 shots, and exposure smoothing helps eliminate flicker. The D810's battery life has been extended, with up to 1,200 shots per charge.
    D810 (Body only) $3,296.95 (Up to $1,000 Mail-In Rebate available).

With a variety of new video features, the D810 DSLR Filmmaker's Kit aims to help neophyte videographers get started making high-quality full HD videos. It includes three f/1.8 FX-format prime lenses, the 35mm ED, 50mm, and 85mm, for acquiring wide-angle, normal, and slight telephoto perspectives.

There are also two Tiffen Variable ND filters, a 58mm and 67mm, to pair with the lenses during bright shooting situations. Also, the Atomos Ninja 2 external recorder can act as both a monitor and HDMI recorder in order to fully utilize the D810's 4:2:2 output.

Additionally, sound will benefit from the inclusion of the ME-1 Stereo Microphone, which can fit in the hot shoe and plug into the camera's 3.5mm stereo jack. Rounding out the kit are two spare EN-EL15 battery packs and an 18" HDMI cable.
    D810 Filmmaker's Kit $4,996.95

ďAfrica changes you forever, like nowhere on earth. Once you have been there, you will never be the same." - Ernest Hemingway

Sal nie omgee vir daai beast nie!!
    2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE AT.
    2016 Campmaster Compact 100 trailer.

----------------

way out of my league

I just upgraded my entry D3100 for a D7000, I am really happy with that. no need for anything higher unless you are using it towards paying your bills
    Currently do not own a 4x4, driving a sedan
    Ex: 2013 Ford Ranger 3.2 XLT 4x4 auto
    Ex: 2012 Ford Ranger 3.2 XLT 4x4 auto
    Ex: 2013 Ford Ranger 2.2 XLS 2WD manual
    Ex: 2009 Mazda BT50 3.0 CRDi double cab manual

Not trying to be nasty or testy here, but somebody who has just upgraded doesn't qualify to make a statement like that...

Give it four years, and see if you still think it's all you need.

I am not saying the D7000 is a bad camera, but I am now (after about 2 years) getting frustrated with it's limitations and craving for an upgrade. Not that I can afford one, but still.

I just wonder what the D810's going to cost here...
    Beat-up rat rod of a '96 Nissan Patrol that bears the evidence of many wonderful adventures (and a few stupid indiscretions).

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Connan View Post

I am not saying the D7000 is a bad camera, but I am now (after about 2 years) getting frustrated with it's limitations and craving for an upgrade. Not that I can afford one, but still.

I just wonder what the D810's going to cost here...
    I am in same boat as you Peter, but at R 45k (ODP) its to much money for a serious enthusiast like me, but, Nikon just has nothing else?? What do we do??

D610 is a great camera, but for what we do (birds) is just not gonna cut it.
    D7100, also a fantastic machine but crippled buffer
    D810 and D4s, just to damn expensive.

Best to just wait till Photokina (Sept) for next major announcement, and hope for something more suited for us serious enthusiast.

Byt vas boeta.

All the best

Jip Leon, I am just waiting and hoping that a "D400" does eventually appear...

Otherwise, D700 or D3... Just worried about losing my crop ratio and 20% resolution.
    Beat-up rat rod of a '96 Nissan Patrol that bears the evidence of many wonderful adventures (and a few stupid indiscretions).

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Connan View Post
    Otherwise, D700 or D3... Just worried about losing my crop ratio and 20% resolution.
    You will cry long tears, unless you add 1.4TC to your 500.

Regards

That's exactly what bothers me. And add the 1.4, then you lose one stop of ISO and you're almost right back where you started...