Thread: Hi Everyone!

Default Hi Everyone!

Yep, I am a new member though I have been part of the 4x4 scene since about 1996 when I was lucky enough to have aquired my first 4x4, namely a Prado 3.5l petrol with auto box. It was one of the first couple that were imported and I drove it for 300000km without a single problem. We still see it around town occasionally and it looks to be going strong.
    I currently have a Landcruiser Station Wagon with 200000km on the clock, most of which has been done on holiday/bush travel. I have had this car since new and wow, what a work horse. Pity about the fuel consumption though, it makes your eyes water!

Some friends and my wife and I are heading off to Botswana and Namibia for about 6 weeks next year and, though we have done this route many times, this time we are looking to add some time in the Skeleton Coast national park which will be a new experience for us.

Despite some serious web surfing, I have not been able to find much on it by way of recommendations. My whole party are ground level campers and we are all pretty self sufficient and experienced. Remoteness and solitude are therefore bonus points for us and not a drawback, provided there is enough fuel for the Cruiser.

So if any of my new found community friends can make some suggestions or recommendations for a visit to this part of the world,I am waiting with baited breath.
    Thanks in advance

Cruisercrazy, welcome to the forum.

There is bound to be some forumites that will be able to share an experience along what you require.

Things are a bit slow today, but will pick up here in the afternoon.

Enjoy!
    Nico Swart

Triton 2.5DiD D/C with SS
    ZS6NJS

One day, or Day One. You decide. Tomorrow is promised for no one!

A little late, but welcome.

Try posting questions specific to Namibia in the Namibia sub section.
    Wayne
    Old Wheeler