Default New 2014 Jurgens Xplorer Caravan

Hi guys,

We have recently ordered a new Jurgens Explorer caravan which is currently still being built at the factory. Unforseen circumstances are forcing us to sell this unit before even taking delivery of it...

So, if you are planning to purchase one of these units please contact me. Unit will be delivered to Cape Town by the Jurgens factory in July 2014.

Regards,

Stephan
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'm sure you'd be able to cancel with the dealer if you explain the scenario? (or am I misunderstanding in that someone might take the order over instead of cancelling it?)
    Disclaimer - All my posts on this forum is without prejudice, is based on my fair assumptions or perceptions, is in no way intended to cause harm to anyone and is acted upon at your own discretion.

Hi George...

It's been ordered and paid for, so there is no chance to cancel the order and get all the money back. The dealer will also charge extra for them to 'store' the caravan when it arrives until it get's sold to make more money, so no assistance from them. So whichever way we're loosing bucks...

So instead of the dealer making more money at our expense, I would rather let that savings (R30 000 less for the same brand new thing) go to someone like-minded before the dealer sells it at a profit...

Same as buying off the dealer, just at more/or less cost price from the factory. Same two year guarantee, 1st registered owner, etc.

Ai thats sad that they're not helping out. Not as if they're losing anything and will probably find another buyer soon. Is it the dealer in Bellville or in Brackenfell?
    Disclaimer - All my posts on this forum is without prejudice, is based on my fair assumptions or perceptions, is in no way intended to cause harm to anyone and is acted upon at your own discretion.

Hi George,

Yeah really frustrating, but I'll rather not name and shame as yet...

As you pointed out the sad thing is this is all brought on by a greedy and disrespectful salesman... Hence I'll rather spend a few hours of my time to try and sell the unit from under their noses so to speak, than to see him getting another cent (actually closer to R 22 000 as he already has another buyer) commission out of my misfortune... and someone else can buy the same brand new thing for R60 000 less than list price in the process.

Regards,

Somehow it just doesn't make sense. They incurred no cost, can easily cancel the order at Jurgens or could keep it as normal stock, like they all do, and sell to the next buyer. They have an additional buyer but still charges you R22k. I'd suggest taking this further as I can't see at all why you need to pay, especially if they've got another buyer.

These days it is all about the money...

After a long fight (even getting our lawyer involved) this is our situation and we've eventually accepted it as such... The long and the short is that here is a chance for someone to buy the same brand new van at a much cheaper price than they can currently buy it directly from any dealer.

If the dealer is one owned by JCI (Ie Imperial ) you should be able to cancel and not be out of pocket .

What price are you looking for by the way? I have a friend looking for one at the moment and if the price is good he might take it.
    Thomas

2007 3.0 D4D DC 4X4 31 " Bridgestone A/T, Ride Rite,Long Range Tanks, NL Dual Battery System
    2008 Jurgens Xplorer
    2012 Pajero GLX Now with Air Max on the back

Thanks Thomas

PM sent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ducktape View Post
    These days it is all about the money...

After a long fight (even getting our lawyer involved) this is our situation and we've eventually accepted it as such... The long and the short is that here is a chance for someone to buy the same brand new van at a much cheaper price than they can currently buy it directly from any dealer.
    Hi Ducktape, you mentioned you did get a Lawyer involved and I'm sure he would have looked at it from the CPA's angle. My experience though has taught me they don't like to go this route as it's a long way around(again, this is my experience). I attached the CPA and it's useful for self education - very easy to read and understand as well. Chapter 2 Part C 17 & 20 might particularly be interesting for your situation, but read other parts of the ACT, it makes for interesting reading.

Hope it helps...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jeep Grand Cherokke 4.7 V8
    Outback Roof rack
    Draw sytem
    Dual battery with DC-DC
    OME suspension
    Air lift Air suspension - Self installed

Default Xplorer

Hi @ilovejeep

Yes, we've been down the road of the consumer protection act... Corporate establishments these days have so many loopholes to bypass the cpa. I'm sure we will easily win the case in the high court, but the issue is that it could easily take up to 3 years before we get a verdict...

Hi Stephan were you able to find a buyer yet?
    Nerinz

Was a buyer secured?

Jammer om te hoor van die dinge. Voel vir my dat dit regtig onnodig is, maar soos hulle op Ingels se ..... " It's a cruel world"!

Eina.
    2007 Land Rover Freelander 2. Not my best - my only!

2006 VW Jetta 5 2.0 Tdi

Bush Lapa Vlooi - SOLD!