Jeep Wrangler Hardtop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Jeep Wrangler Hardtop

Good Morning
    I am in the process of buying my first jeep wrangler. I have a reasonably good deal in the workings, but the jeep does not have a hardtop.
    I am trying to find out how easy/difficult it is to acquire a hardtop second hand or new and where to find them. I only know of Morris 4x4 in the states.
    The wrangler is a 2004 model.

Quote Originally Posted by barrygee View Post
    Good Morning
    I am in the process of buying my first jeep wrangler. I have a reasonably good deal in the workings, but the jeep does not have a hardtop.
    I am trying to find out how easy/difficult it is to acquire a hardtop second hand or new and where to find them. I only know of Morris 4x4 in the states.
    The wrangler is a 2004 model.
    Find a 2nd Hand one on Gumtree or OLX. Shipping from the States for a hardtop will make your entire family broke. You can fit a hardtop from 1997 to 2006 model. In 2003 they moved the vents from the hardtop to the tailgate. Your model being a 2004 will have the vents in the tailgate so you can fit a hardtop with or without vents.
    2013 Tata Xenon 3.0 Dicor D/C
    2006 Honda Civic EXi FN2

4x4Rubicon has the 2dr one for sale in the Trade thread. I've also seen the 4dr ones a couple of times. -

EDIT: nevermind I didn't see the part about the 2004 model

"Shipping from the States for a hardtop will make your entire family broke."

That's exactly why I'm looking for alternatives. It just seems a bit hard to find a second hand one

When I was buying my jeep earlier this year I found a jeep with no hard top (similar year as well I think) called Jeep and got a quote for a brand new top and it was in the ballpark of 50K so it's definitely worth finding a second hand one.

Many years ago I had a SANDF CJ6 which never had a hard top built for it so I approached a fibreglass canopy company and they were willing to build a unique once-off hard top for around 25K (roughly 10 years ago though), so maybe there are some local guys that have knocked off the design and have one that fits - If not i'm sure there is a market for the older generation hard tops these days, there are certainly enough jeeps around to justify it if the price was right. Give a couple of them a call and see what they say.
    Duncan

2010 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - Living without Limits!

2004 should be a TJ Jeep . Busy selling one with hardtop or soft top customer still deciding . Pm me.

Try to source one in SA. There where a few available some time ago. Shipping a hard top from the states will end in dissaster, the top will not survive the shipping and shipping a bulky top will be very expensive. Have you tried you friendly dealer. I believe they have stock at around 40 000 bucks
    V51JP
    Namboyz Rule

CarloJK Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 3BJeep View Post
    When I was buying my jeep earlier this year I found a jeep with no hard top (similar year as well I think) called Jeep and got a quote for a brand new top and it was in the ballpark of 50K so it's definitely worth finding a second hand one.

Many years ago I had a SANDF CJ6 which never had a hard top built for it so I approached a fibreglass canopy company and they were willing to build a unique once-off hard top for around 25K (roughly 10 years ago though), so maybe there are some local guys that have knocked off the design and have one that fits - If not i'm sure there is a market for the older generation hard tops these days, there are certainly enough jeeps around to justify it if the price was right. Give a couple of them a call and see what they say.
    R50K for the unlimited hardtop? Can it be ?

Quote Originally Posted by CarloJK View Post
    R50K for the unlimited hardtop? Can it be ?
    jupp totaly
    V51JP
    Namboyz Rule

CarloJK Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kavanji View Post
    jupp totaly
    It's just crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by CarloJK View Post
    It's just crazy.
    Cheap for a Jeep
    ORA
    -------------------------
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Kavanji View Post
    Try to source one in SA. There where a few available some time ago. Shipping a hard top from the states will end in dissaster, the top will not survive the shipping and shipping a bulky top will be very expensive. Have you tried you friendly dealer. I believe they have stock at around 40 000 bucks
    40 000 bucks is half the price I'm paying for the jeep. I guess the best bet is to drive with the soft top until a second hand hardtop comes around.

PM Big Sam he has a hardtop for sale

40 000 bucks is half the price I'm paying for the jeep. I guess the best bet is to drive with the soft top until a second hand hardtop comes around.
    Yeah just wait for a 2nd hand one. They come up for sale from time to time. I've seen them in perfect condition for as low as R5k.
    2013 Tata Xenon 3.0 Dicor D/C
    2006 Honda Civic EXi FN2

Here's the one Allan mentioned...

http://4x4community.co.za/forum/show...postcount=1178

I saw that one thanks, just a bit far.

I have a dark brown hard top for a 2003 that I'm wanting to sell off. Only thing is it's missing the right side window. It got shattered by a stone when cutting the grass.

Does anybody know where I can find the socket for the passenger side indicator. Or know of a mod I can do. The wires is still there, the socket itself is just missing.

Does anybody know where I can find the socket for the passenger side indicator. Or know of a mod I can do. The wires is still there, the socket itself is just missing.
    Front or side indicator on the mudguard ?

Quote Originally Posted by DVR View Post
    Front or side indicator on the mudguard ?
    its the one on the side.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast