Suzuki Rustenburg

Thumbs down Suzuki Rustenburg

I purchased a Jimny through Suzuki Rustenburg; all went went and we received prompt response from the sales manager on any request up to the point when we paid the vehicle. Delivery of the vehicle was late, and we waited on the airport for 1.5 hours. (I flew up to Lanseria to take delivery of the vehicle, and the driver got 'lost'.) The vehicle had a puncture on the side wall of the passenger front tyre, and has to be replaced. The verdict on this took more than a week to pry out of the sales manager. The registration documents were incorrect, and we have not yet received the correct papers. (I spoke to them this morning and they have not even SENT it to me yet, two weeks later- I stay in CPT) I said that this is unacceptable to the lady who is supposed to send it, and her excuse was: "I'm still waiting for your email address." my response was that we've been emailing Suzuki since the start of this transaction. Then, she backtracked and said "I'm waiting on your physical address" I then said that I've sent this through before, and this is very bad service.

It seems as though they only look out for their customer until they receive the money - we bought the vehicle cash, with no questions asked, because we felt it is a good offer.

This is beyond unacceptable, and I will NEVER, even after settling this matter rely or advise people to rely on this branch.

If this is the service Suzuki prides themselves on, this is going to be a bumpy ride.

-I had to retype this to remove the vloekwoorde.
    2014 Jimny
    40mm spacer lift
    Gabriel Safari HDP's
    215/75/R15
    30mm Wheel Spacers
    Steering Damper
    K&N Filter
    TC bash plate
    Burnco Bumper

Thanks for the feedback , "NAME and SHAME" them. I am so fed up with bad service from everyone (even the local cafe) , I think they should start feeling it were it hurts , their pockets
    2019 Jimny GLX Manual
    2011 Jimny Zuk-Zilla
    (SOLD)

GP0057

Quote Originally Posted by Dude1978 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback , "NAME and SHAME" them. I am so fed up with bad service from everyone (even the local cafe) , I think they should start feeling it were it hurts , their pockets
    +1

As of late since McCarthy took over it's been a shambles like the rest of their line.
    Last edited by Nox; 2014/05/09 at 09:30 AM.
    Mitsubishi ASX AWD top spec. - stock
    Land Rover Defender 90 2.8i - OME lift on 33" muds, bullbar, racks, freeflow.

Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD WK - Mud terain 32's, Spacers, Lift kit, GDE Tune.
    Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.8 JK - Mud terain tyres. Aftermarket mufflers.
    Jeep Cherokee
    3.7 Sport KK - 40mm EFS lift, Mud terrain tyres, Spacers, skids.
    Jeep Cherokee 3.7 Extreme Sport KJ - 40mm spacer lift
    Suzuki Jimny ジムニ - EFS lift, ARB bullbar, Custom Maniac Rocksliders, Mud tyres, etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox View Post
    +1
    The agent we dealt with was Pieter Botha. Passing bucks between himself and his assistant or another entity.

- your +1 made me think we should have a upvote/downvote system like Reddit. (for those who don't know what reddit is, it's the front page of the internet, for example: www.reddit.com/r/4x4 )
    2014 Jimny
    40mm spacer lift
    Gabriel Safari HDP's
    215/75/R15
    30mm Wheel Spacers
    Steering Damper
    K&N Filter
    TC bash plate
    Burnco Bumper

And that is why hellopeter makes a fortune!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyknocker View Post
    And that is why hellopeter makes a fortune!
    I posted it on HelloPeter- I've received the mail from Suzuki SA stating they'll be in contact. Now it's a waiting game- the clock is ticking.
    2014 Jimny
    40mm spacer lift
    Gabriel Safari HDP's
    215/75/R15
    30mm Wheel Spacers
    Steering Damper
    K&N Filter
    TC bash plate
    Burnco Bumper

Yup. I have had 3 compliments for them on HelloPeter. I'll see what the new guys do with my service next week. maybe I'll post the first ever complaint.

Jeep Cherokee
    Suzuki Jimny ジムニ - EFS lift, ARB bullbar, Custom Maniac Rocksliders, Mud tyres, etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox View Post
    Yup. I have had 3 compliments for them on HelloPeter. I'll see what the new guys do with my service next week. maybe I'll post the first ever complaint.
    which dealership do you frequent- I've heard mixed opinions on Helderberg, and better things about Parow.
    2014 Jimny
    40mm spacer lift
    Gabriel Safari HDP's
    215/75/R15
    30mm Wheel Spacers
    Steering Damper
    K&N Filter
    TC bash plate
    Burnco Bumper

Helderberg, and I stay in Blouberg. So yes...their service was impeccable from first contact to last service and thats why I used them. Now all the good people seem to have left and it's under new management. Time will tell if they have dropepd the ball. I can already feel from the booking in of the jimny for service that it's not the same experience.
    Parrow I hear is now merging with Kenillworth. Moving to Kennilworth location.

Jeep Cherokee

Yes, Parow has basically already moved to Kenilworth. Their workshop has for that matter.
    2014 Jimny
    40mm spacer lift
    Gabriel Safari HDP's
    215/75/R15
    30mm Wheel Spacers
    Steering Damper
    K&N Filter
    TC bash plate
    Burnco Bumper

Quote Originally Posted by Professional_Weekender View Post
    Yes, Parow has basically already moved to Kenilworth. Their workshop has for that matter.
    .. and it's terrible service there now. I booked it in for two leaks (windscreen washer reservoir and gearbox drain plug). My wife explained this to them, but they simply told her they found no leaks. I phoned them, and explained in detail exactly where the leaks are. An hour later they say they cannot find any leaks.
    I got the car back, phoned the dealer principal, took a day off work and physically showed them myself. Suddenly they could then find it and fix it.
    Disgusted. No apologies, just attempts to shift the blame (to me and my wife).
    It's not the size that counts, but how well it performs in the bush.
    - A Jimny -

Where does Suzuki Auto SA now fit into this new fangled Suzuki dealerships?
    Even more important, where does Suzuki Japan now fit in?

Jeep Cherokee

Enough reason for me to just spanner the Jimny myself. That way I know who to blame if there's bad service... Or at least SWAMBO will...
    I'm so thankful for the ability to spanner on my own vehicles. Thankful for a brother who taught me to do it right the first time, as you may not have a second time if it ain't done right the first time...
    Thys de Wet
    Jimny 2009

Ek het nou klaar gewerk, maar ek weet nie of die bank daarvan gaan hou nie...

Quote Originally Posted by dewets View Post
    Enough reason for me to just spanner the Jimny myself. That way I know who to blame if there's bad service... Or at least SWAMBO will...
    I'm so thankful for the ability to spanner on my own vehicles. Thankful for a brother who taught me to do it right the first time, as you may not have a second time if it ain't done right the first time...
    Yup enough reason for me to learn how to do so properly. I will make my decision after this upcoming service.

Jeep Cherokee

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_J View Post
    .. and it's terrible service there now. I booked it in for two leaks (windscreen washer reservoir and gearbox drain plug). My wife explained this to them, but they simply told her they found no leaks. I phoned them, and explained in detail exactly where the leaks are. An hour later they say they cannot find any leaks.
    I got the car back, phoned the dealer principal, took a day off work and physically showed them myself. Suddenly they could then find it and fix it.
    Disgusted. No apologies, just attempts to shift the blame (to me and my wife).
    and 9 out of 10 times a leaky gearbox/ sump plug is due to not replacing the old washer with a new one...such a simple fix but too many people just skip it.
    2014 Jimny
    40mm spacer lift
    Gabriel Safari HDP's
    215/75/R15
    30mm Wheel Spacers
    Steering Damper
    K&N Filter
    TC bash plate
    Burnco Bumper