Default "passport" needed for 4 month old?

We planning on going to Lesotho again between Xmas and new year. Confused because a friend of my wife told my wife they had to turn around at the border because she did not have a passport for their 9month old. As far as I know little bulli goes through on swambos PP?
    Phoning home affairs does not have results.
    Swambos friend is a real drama Queen, but if we pick up a problem at the border it will be on me.

Does anyone know the facts?
    Last edited by Bulli; 2012/12/08 at 11:00 PM.

Get the passport. You need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulli View Post
    We planning on going to Lesotho again between Xmas and new year. Confused because a friend of my wife told my wife they had to turn around at the border because she did not have a passport for their 9month old. As far as I know little bulli goes through on swambos PP?
    Phoning home affairs does not have results.
    Swambos friend is a real drama Queen, but if we pick up a problem at the border it will be on me.

Does anyone know the facts?
    Nope, you need a passport.

Or you can take a 50/50 chance and not declare him and leave him in the car.

Baby trafficking, spouses absconding with kids is big bussiness nowadays.
    Cheers

ZS5KAD - PROFFESIONAL DUMBASS
    3 Land Rover V8's
    NA - TwinTurbo - SuperCharged
    A V6 and an inline 4

If you fly or drive to an anti-Fracking meeting, you have no business being there and you wont get my ear......

I will rather then just get a passport for baby bulli. I do not want to take any risks.

Thanks for clearing that up guys.

Well they might also confiscate little Bulli.
    you could try for a temp passport, or if you can get a doff border official, you could convince him.the child was born on.the way.

We went ice climbing in july and realized the just before we left that one kid's passport has expired. Went to Kempton home affairs and left 45minutes later with a temporary passport and no bribes asked for or paid.

I went onto home affairs website, downloaded all the relevant paperwork, I filled it in and swambo will go to the offices monday. Thanks again. I dunno why we slept on it so late Its not that we did not know about little bulli for the last 4months...

Atleast the forum is there to advise and support.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulli View Post
    I went onto home affairs website, downloaded all the relevant paperwork, I filled it in and swambo will go to the offices monday. Thanks again. I dunno why we slept on it so late Its not that we did not know about little bulli for the last 4months...

Atleast the forum is there to advise and support.
    Youi normally need either both parents there, or a letter from you giving permission to swambo for applying for a passport.
    Range Rover Big Body 5.0 V8 Supercharged
    Land Rover Defender 110 CSW Puma
    Land Rover Defender 110 V8 Game viewer
    Land Rover Defender 100 PU V8
    Land Rover Freelander II SD4
    Jaguar XJS V12

Hi, just an update. Me and swambo went to home affairs on wednesday and it took us about 45min and we applied for little bulli's passport and had a temp one issued.
    Thanks for all the help, greatly appreciated.

Hi
    Resurecting this thread cause we're in the same situation for Sani. My question is what did you do with photos? Normally they're pretty uptight about what the photos must look like and I'n not sure I'l get the 2 month old to sit still...
    Ockert
    Toyota Prado 120 4.0VX

Take a photo of a photo ?
    There is no task too simple for some people to complicate !

Ford Figo 2016

Quote Originally Posted by OJ-K View Post
    Hi
    Resurecting this thread cause we're in the same situation for Sani. My question is what did you do with photos? Normally they're pretty uptight about what the photos must look like and I'n not sure I'l get the 2 month old to sit still...
    Good question OJ-K!

I have identical twin boys. With identical, I mean IDENTICAL in the sense that we had to mark one when they were babies to try and figure out who is who and who did what etc. They are 2years old now and it is still tough to tell them apart. Now we applied for their passports in April to go to Afriski sometime in winter. We took separate photos of the two at Kodak shop in Centurion mall. Obviously the photo's look like the same boy, but just two photo's. One was just looking dumbstruck at the camera and the other was actually grinning with his mouth ever slightly open. So we went to home affairs (remember the kids have to go with and both parents must be present) with the boys. The suster behind the counter commented that "they" would not accept the photo of the boy grinning as his teeth is visible. I noted that it was totally ridiculous, and simply took an extra photo of the other boy and handed it to her. She knew exactly what I was doing, and did not want to accept it. It cost me to take more photo's, tell the friendly boy not to laugh (remember one encourages smiling every time someone takes a picture and they are creatures of habit).

Bottom line, if you take photo's just make sure it looks like the old style ID photo's our folks had in those big ID books. They are going to send you back or reject your application.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomos View Post
    Good question OJ-K!

I have identical twin boys. With identical, I mean IDENTICAL in the sense that we had to mark one when they were babies to try and figure out who is who and who did what etc. They are 2years old now and it is still tough to tell them apart. Now we applied for their passports in April to go to Afriski sometime in winter. We took separate photos of the two at Kodak shop in Centurion mall. Obviously the photo's look like the same boy, but just two photo's. One was just looking dumbstruck at the camera and the other was actually grinning with his mouth ever slightly open. So we went to home affairs (remember the kids have to go with and both parents must be present) with the boys. The suster behind the counter commented that "they" would not accept the photo of the boy grinning as his teeth is visible. I noted that it was totally ridiculous, and simply took an extra photo of the other boy and handed it to her. She knew exactly what I was doing, and did not want to accept it. It cost me to take more photo's, tell the friendly boy not to laugh (remember one encourages smiling every time someone takes a picture and they are creatures of habit).

Bottom line, if you take photo's just make sure it looks like the old style ID photo's our folks had in those big ID books. They are going to send you back or reject your application.
    I guess common sense is not as common as we think. Hahaha

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk