Jurgens Xplorer Fan Club - Page 93





Page 93 of 129 FirstFirst ... 43 68 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 118 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 2561
  1. #1841
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bloemfontein
    Age
    47
    Posts
    33
    Thanked: 2

    Default Re: Jurgens Xplorer Fan Club

    Quote Originally Posted by Ontdekker View Post
    Replace the expansion tank cap once a year and carry a spare. They are cheap.
    Did that immediately when i got back to Bloem, would have liked to do it before the trip home just to make sure it was the problem but now I will have create a trip just to make sure :-)
    Brendon
    2007 - 110 Defender Td5
    2007 - Jurgens Xplorer
    2004 - Discovery Td5
    200+ - Model Land Rovers
    1972 - VW Beetle Project
    [email protected]

  2. #1842
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Windhoek
    Age
    67
    Posts
    1,221
    Thanked: 292

    Default Atwood Water Heater manual for thr older Xplorers

    Here is repair manual an wiring for the older Atwood geysers.
    Hope it find some interest specially the trouble shooting problems.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to janseekat For This Useful Post:


  4. #1843
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bloemfontein
    Age
    47
    Posts
    33
    Thanked: 2

    Default Re: Jurgens Xplorer Fan Club

    Electrical Mods

    Ok here are the first of my questions to follow regarding Mods I will be doing.

    1. My Xplorer still has Hercules system, don't know how good there charging unit is but could not keep my battery charged just running Minus 40 had to connect my Ctek to keep it going.
    I want to add solar as well so is it best to toss the Hercules and replace with something else or just integrate a DCDC charge controller to current system?

    2. My lights on the caravan do not work when 220V supply is disconnected, is this right or has somebody been playing with the wiring?

    3. Has anybody found reasonable priced LED replacement lights for interior and exterior, preferably something with dual colour?

    4. The drive/marker lights on front of the caravan any alternate replacement for them, maybe truck and trailer lights?

    5. I want to put in a 220V outlet above or below table where 220V inlet is, anybody done this and maybe have a few details?

    Thanks in Advance
    Last edited by Brendon; 2018/01/11 at 02:06 PM.
    Brendon
    2007 - 110 Defender Td5
    2007 - Jurgens Xplorer
    2004 - Discovery Td5
    200+ - Model Land Rovers
    1972 - VW Beetle Project
    [email protected]

  5. #1844
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    61
    Posts
    175
    Thanked: 38

    Default Re: Jurgens Xplorer Fan Club

    Hi Brendon, not sure if your Hercules/fridge is the same as the later models but usually the fridge runs on 230V when the mains are on and will switch to 12V when the AC power is off. You can add an additional plug next to the light switch for the shower cubicle, I just router'd a gap to fit a 2X4 plug and sourced a cover for the connections to the plug on the inside of the clothes cabinet. The power can be connected to one of the existing kettle plugs. In my case I used a 2X4 single industrial plug inside the DB hatch as a joint box thus scoring an extra plug inside the hatch for future use. I also placed led's on the different light switches as I constantly forget the lights on during the night, that way you can see if they are still on.

  6. #1845
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Whyalla
    Age
    46
    Posts
    208
    Thanked: 45

    Default Re: Jurgens Xplorer Fan Club

    Duke, are you saying the fridge has both the 230v and 12v plugs wired/plugged in?

    Ours is only connected to the 12v and relies on the Charger in supply mode when on 230v

  7. #1846
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Paarl
    Age
    57
    Posts
    171
    Thanked: 252

    Default Re: Jurgens Xplorer Fan Club

    Quote Originally Posted by Brendon View Post
    2. My lights on the caravan do not work when 220V supply is disconnected, is this right or has somebody been playing with the wiring?
    5. I want to put in a 220V outlet above or below table where 220V inlet is, anybody done this and maybe have a few details?
    2. Lights must still work when disconnected from 220V. Is your battery still OK?
    5. I don't understand this question: 220V inlet is next to the geyser? Do you want to add a 220V input (round blue fitting) close to the rectangular plugs cluster?

  8. #1847
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bloemfontein
    Age
    47
    Posts
    33
    Thanked: 2

    Default Re: Jurgens Xplorer Fan Club

    Quote Originally Posted by Duke1098 View Post
    Hi Brendon, not sure if your Hercules/fridge is the same as the later models but usually the fridge runs on 230V when the mains are on and will switch to 12V when the AC power is off. You can add an additional plug next to the light switch for the shower cubicle, I just router'd a gap to fit a 2X4 plug and sourced a cover for the connections to the plug on the inside of the clothes cabinet. The power can be connected to one of the existing kettle plugs. In my case I used a 2X4 single industrial plug inside the DB hatch as a joint box thus scoring an extra plug inside the hatch for future use. I also placed led's on the different light switches as I constantly forget the lights on during the night, that way you can see if they are still on.
    Thanks Duke, my minus 40 only has a 12V suplly it is a 2007 Xplorer

    I want to add a plug socket on the righthand side of door where table mounts, on my 'van there are just the 3 outlets on the left of main above slide out kitchen
    Brendon
    2007 - 110 Defender Td5
    2007 - Jurgens Xplorer
    2004 - Discovery Td5
    200+ - Model Land Rovers
    1972 - VW Beetle Project
    [email protected]

  9. #1848
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bloemfontein
    Age
    47
    Posts
    33
    Thanked: 2

    Default Re: Jurgens Xplorer Fan Club

    Quote Originally Posted by LouisF View Post
    2. Lights must still work when disconnected from 220V. Is your battery still OK?
    5. I don't understand this question: 220V inlet is next to the geyser? Do you want to add a 220V input (round blue fitting) close to the rectangular plugs cluster?
    Hi Louis, yes replaced with new battery so no problem there.

    I think it's maybe just wired incorrectly, will open up panel and see if I find a fault, I noticed the car radio that is installed also goes off when 220V is disconnected, so don't know if they have maybe added a relay
    or if there is a point on the hercules that allows this
    Brendon
    2007 - 110 Defender Td5
    2007 - Jurgens Xplorer
    2004 - Discovery Td5
    200+ - Model Land Rovers
    1972 - VW Beetle Project
    [email protected]

  10. #1849
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Dalby
    Posts
    5
    Thanked: 0

    Default Re: Jurgens Xplorer Fan Club

    Canvas spice rack - Hi guys, I have an Explorer 09 and love it. In Australia it's called a Stargazer. I have lost the spice rack from the door. I see that Howling Moon makes a similar one but the dealer in Australia doesn't import them yet. Do you have any idea how I could get one out here? I have contacted a few suppliers but no one has returned my emails. I also need to replace the awning cover - I had a local sew me a replacement but he did a crappy job and didn't but the velcro in the right places and it leaks as well. I love looking at your mods - I love our van, it has been across half of Australia and has copped a flogging from our kids. Hope you can help.

  11. #1850
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Whyalla
    Age
    46
    Posts
    208
    Thanked: 45

    Default Re: Jurgens Xplorer Fan Club

    Can you let me know how you get on Laffy, Iím in Whyalla South Aus and have been chasing the same!

  12. #1851
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Dalby
    Posts
    5
    Thanked: 0

    Default Re: Jurgens Xplorer Fan Club

    No problems Tombie

  13. #1852
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Age
    64
    Posts
    1,749
    Thanked: 444

    Default Re: Jurgens Xplorer Fan Club

    Morning
    If you e mail Howling Moon I am sure they can courier one to you?
    Cheers
    # 5 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS 2015
    # 4 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 2013 trade in
    # 3 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 2011 good trade
    # 2 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 2010 did not aquaplane so well
    # 1 Mitsubishi Colt 2005 with 3.2 DID (160kw WOW!)
    Jurgens Xplorer 2013 (new retirement home)
    Challenger Wilderness "The Penthouse" (sold and will be sorely missed)
    Platkar 1: BMW 118 (SWAMBO)
    Platkar 2: Nissan 200 SX (Retirement project)

  14. #1853
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    ellisras
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2
    Thanked: 0

    Default Re: Jurgens Xplorer Fan Club

    Gents..good day to all..i have yust bought myself a 2006 explorer and would like to ask some questions. ..do i have to install any off these ridiculously overpriced items to install solar panels..i have a greyish wire coming from the van that connects to the car..do i run with the water tank empty wil travelling to my Campsie. .do the geyser runn off the battery or does it work with gas..There are a million more things i want to know but these are the main thins..hope you guys can help

  15. #1854
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greenstone Hill
    Age
    47
    Posts
    158
    Thanked: 122

    Default Re: Jurgens Xplorer Fan Club

    Quote Originally Posted by laffy View Post
    Canvas spice rack - Hi guys, I have an Explorer 09 and love it. In Australia it's called a Stargazer. I have lost the spice rack from the door. I see that Howling Moon makes a similar one but the dealer in Australia doesn't import them yet. Do you have any idea how I could get one out here? I have contacted a few suppliers but no one has returned my emails. I also need to replace the awning cover - I had a local sew me a replacement but he did a crappy job and didn't but the velcro in the right places and it leaks as well. I love looking at your mods - I love our van, it has been across half of Australia and has copped a flogging from our kids. Hope you can help.
    Send a pic of it - also happy to help! Sourcing it here is no problem - just need to know exactly what you're looking for!

    I removed mine off the door, and whilst it's used, you're welcome to have it. I'll pull it out the garage and send you a pic
    Last edited by Mark Trollope; 2018/01/15 at 11:31 AM.
    Mark Trollope
    Prado 120 V6, Fortuner V6, Hilux 2.7, Cruiser 80 EFi, Cruiser 75, Lexus RX350, Jaguar JAKI4

  16. #1855
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greenstone Hill
    Age
    47
    Posts
    158
    Thanked: 122

    Default Re: Jurgens Xplorer Fan Club

    Quote Originally Posted by jacquesd View Post
    Gents..good day to all..i have yust bought myself a 2006 explorer and would like to ask some questions. ..do i have to install any off these ridiculously overpriced items to install solar panels..i have a greyish wire coming from the van that connects to the car..do i run with the water tank empty wil travelling to my Campsie. .do the geyser runn off the battery or does it work with gas..There are a million more things i want to know but these are the main thins..hope you guys can help
    Congratulations and welcome to the Club!

    The wire that connects to the car is to receive a regulated 12V charge from your alternator while driving. Do not connect solar directly to that, it would need to run through a solar regulator first.

    On the water tank - I tow with mine full (only because it lowers the nose ball weight) - but also because I trust my own water - but you don't have to. Full or Empty, there's no rule.

    The geyser runs off both Gas or 230V - not the battery.
    Mark Trollope
    Prado 120 V6, Fortuner V6, Hilux 2.7, Cruiser 80 EFi, Cruiser 75, Lexus RX350, Jaguar JAKI4

  17. #1856
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Age
    64
    Posts
    1,749
    Thanked: 444

    Default Re: Jurgens Xplorer Fan Club

    Geyser a bit tricky I learned the hard way on this thread. Once you understand it easy peasy
    # 5 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS 2015
    # 4 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 2013 trade in
    # 3 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 2011 good trade
    # 2 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 2010 did not aquaplane so well
    # 1 Mitsubishi Colt 2005 with 3.2 DID (160kw WOW!)
    Jurgens Xplorer 2013 (new retirement home)
    Challenger Wilderness "The Penthouse" (sold and will be sorely missed)
    Platkar 1: BMW 118 (SWAMBO)
    Platkar 2: Nissan 200 SX (Retirement project)

  18. #1857
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Dalby
    Posts
    5
    Thanked: 0

    Default Re: Jurgens Xplorer Fan Club

    Thanks Mitsu Fan - I did that but haven't heard back yet!

  19. #1858
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Dalby
    Posts
    5
    Thanked: 0

    Default Re: Jurgens Xplorer Fan Club

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Trollope View Post
    Send a pic of it - also happy to help! Sourcing it here is no problem - just need to know exactly what you're looking for!

    I removed mine off the door, and whilst it's used, you're welcome to have it. I'll pull it out the garage and send you a pic
    Thanks Mark. I can't seem to insert photos here - the picture I have is pretty ordinary. Yours sounds fine to me! I'll keep trying to post a photo but they can't be all that different can they?

  20. #1859
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greenstone Hill
    Age
    47
    Posts
    158
    Thanked: 122

    Default Re: Jurgens Xplorer Fan Club

    Laffy, you're welcome to email it to me : mtrollope at geeeemail dot com

    Is it the canvas one that slides into the alu extrusion at the top of the door?
    Last edited by Mark Trollope; 2018/01/15 at 03:09 PM.
    Mark Trollope
    Prado 120 V6, Fortuner V6, Hilux 2.7, Cruiser 80 EFi, Cruiser 75, Lexus RX350, Jaguar JAKI4

  21. #1860
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    ellisras
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2
    Thanked: 0

    Default Re: Jurgens Xplorer Fan Club

    I want to replace the original fridge with a national luna..what noe

Similar Threads

  1. Jurgens Xplorer Questions (Again....)
    By Gentoo in forum Trailers, Caravans, Towing etc
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 2017/11/09, 07:51 PM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 2013/10/22, 12:26 PM
  3. Jurgens Xplorer Xcell questions
    By Constant in forum Trailers, Caravans, Towing etc
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 2012/10/30, 07:46 PM
  4. Electric fan
    By Gert in forum Kia
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 2011/10/04, 06:15 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •