Jurgens Xplorer Fan Club - Page 4

Page 4 of 123 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 29 54 104 ... LastLast

I'm taking delivery of mine next week!! Can't wait!!

Prado 150 TX Diesel
    Bushlapa Ratel
    Jurgens XT140 (Sold)
    Jurgens Xplorer (Sold)
    Bushlapa Miskruier (Sold)

"The more I know people, the more I love my dog..."

Default Am I doing it right?

For some time now I've been trying to figure out how to attach the front of the stone guard to the front of the drawbar. Every time someone posts a picture of an Xplorer with one fitted I try to see how it's done but to date nobody has put a picture up that I could see how it fits. The previous owner of the van said he could never figure it out either. I've had the van for about a year now and every couple of months I pull it out try to fit it, fail, and put it back in the shed. Today I pulled it out again and had an Eureka moment. Using one of the basin frame prop legs I can get it to stand up at the front (see the pictures). I have no idea if this is the right way to do it or if I'm missing a fitting. Can one of you with this type of stone guard please tell me if I've got it right, and if I haven't, can you tell/show me the correct way to do it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P6014072.jpg 
Views:	1154 
Size:	231.4 KB 
ID:	286704   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P6014073a.jpg 
Views:	1147 
Size:	227.0 KB 
ID:	286705  
    2016 Jeep Wrangler JKUR Rubicon
    2010 Jurgens Stargazer (Xplorer)

That seems exactly how my Oryx one attached. Hooks on the chassis and tying around the jockey wheel lever.
    Disclaimer - All my posts on this forum is without prejudice, is based on my fair assumptions or perceptions, is in no way intended to cause harm to anyone and is acted upon at your own discretion.

Default Stoneguards

Yip, the top part must go across the jockeywheel. (See my pic)

I have however installed an additional jockey wheel holder for when the going gets a bit rough! Still have to make up a bracket of some sorts to be able to use the stone guards with the jockey wheel in this position. Any ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Brunch Stop - Boso Trail.JPG 
Views:	3506 
Size:	305.0 KB 
ID:	286811   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jockey Wheel Holder.jpg 
Views:	1683 
Size:	241.7 KB 
ID:	286812  
    Last edited by LowRange; 2014/06/01 at 05:37 PM.
    Pajero Gen 4 GLX 30 Year Heritage Edition - Grondpad
    VW Tiguan 2.0TDi - Teerpad
    Bushlapa Boabab 4.2 in tow

Hi All,

we recently took delivery of our 2014 Xplorer after trading in our 2011 Xplorer which in turn was a result of trading in our 2009 Xplorer - so you guessed it, we like the Xplorer.

We took the van on a trip to Pilansberg this weekend to test the various functions like, battery drain (we used no mains electrical connection) Geyser operation and water pump function. We have also added a 12v TV for the rugrats and a pole holder mounted to the back so we no longer carry poles inside.

I am happy to say that we were very impressed with the new model. The added cupboard space is a godsend as is the addition of cupboards above the fridge on the outside and above the shower on the outside. This has made it even more practical than before. Also the addition of proper doors is great, they seal properly now so no more dust!!!

We did find some curious faults which we will be addressing with Jurgens and seeing if we can modify ours:

#1 - they have made the box one the front right side under the fold out bed smaller/narrower. This used to be perfect for the chemical loo. Now we can no longer fit the chemical loo inside. I cannot find any reason for this as there is now wasted space in the slide out fridge area
    #2 - they have changed the fold out tent design which now means the tent poles that fold out infringe on the bed area, again making it narrower. Hwambo and I will have to go on a diet to fit on this bed
    #3 - Mosquito nets on the doors roll-up into the cupboard area, we can now no longer close the cupboard doors when the nets are rolled up. This is a simple fault to fix, just have them rolled the opposite way.

I love the product and would like to point out some of the positives as well:

#1 - Water tank increased from 80 -100 litres - good for CKGR
    #2 - Front nose cone is much improved, so much more space.
    #3 - New stone protector and flysheet for fold out tent is great, no more messing around trying to slide the flysheet in
    #4 - New internal cupboards on fold out bed area are great for books, torches, mozzie spray etc.
    #5 - Pop Top appears taller, giving the van a much roomier feel.

We will be adding the following in due course:

Inverter - to charge the pesky iPad's, cellphones & Laptop
    Flexible Solar Panel to Pop Top Roof so we don't have to lug around our heavy lean to panel
    Wood Storage net to be hung (hanging?) from the rear jerry cans

Quote Originally Posted by Laura Gale View Post

#3 - Mosquito nets on the doors roll-up into the cupboard area, we can now no longer close the cupboard doors when the nets are rolled up. This is a simple fault to fix, just have them rolled the opposite way.

I experienced the same issue on mine. I then removed the left door's net and fitted it to the right door and vice versa. Now they work perfectly! Don't know if they all come like that or if we both had installation gremlins but after having changed the two around it looks like it should have been that way all around.
    Neels, Natasja, Neels jnr & Anke

Camping Rookies
    2015 Ford Ranger Wildtrak 4x4
    2014 Jurgens Xplorer

That is a bit stupid yes, but I've actually removed both nets. Never use them either way.
    Disclaimer - All my posts on this forum is without prejudice, is based on my fair assumptions or perceptions, is in no way intended to cause harm to anyone and is acted upon at your own discretion.

I find them heavy
    Life is defined by the experiences you have had!!!!!
    Yellow 2015 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
    2013 Nissan Pathfinder 2.5 with 2005 Jurgens Explorer1 (2nd hand)
    Previous:
    2011 Nissan Navara 2.5 4x4 (New) with a Conqueror Conquest (2005 - 2nd hand)
    2007 Nissan Hardbody 3.3 V6 4x4 (New)

Quote Originally Posted by JBarradas View Post
    I find them heavy
    ?
    -

Please show some pics when you've doen the mods, especially the solar panel on the roof as I would like to do the same to mine.

Prado 150 TX Diesel
    Bushlapa Ratel
    Jurgens XT140 (Sold)
    Jurgens Xplorer (Sold)
    Bushlapa Miskruier (Sold)

"The more I know people, the more I love my dog..."

Quote Originally Posted by LowRange View Post
    Yip, the top part must go across the jockeywheel. (See my pic)

I have however installed an additional jockey wheel holder for when the going gets a bit rough! Still have to make up a bracket of some sorts to be able to use the stone guards with the jockey wheel in this position. Any ideas?
    Your stone guard is a bit different to mine. Mine is secured by a strap at the front bottom. The loops on the elastic at the front top are way too small to go over the jockey wheel and even if they did I'm like you in that I don't travel with the jockey wheel in the clamp. You could do like my example but you would have to turn the plastic fitting that accepts the hatch door prop that you have attached to the clamp around 180 deg.
    2016 Jeep Wrangler JKUR Rubicon
    2010 Jurgens Stargazer (Xplorer)

Soo my Xplorer was booked in at caravan clinic over the weekend. Now the agonising 8 week wait. Need something to keep myself occupied while I wait
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Sennin View Post
    Soo my Xplorer was booked in at caravan clinic over the weekend. Now the agonising 8 week wait. Need something to keep myself occupied while I wait
    What are you getting done to it? 8 weeks is a hell of a long time. At least it is wintertime.

CATS
    2015 VW Transporter T5.1 132kw 4motion DSG - (Shrek) My Bush-Bus
    2003 Safari Xplorer
    Previous : 1996 Colt Rodeo 3000 V6 (The Original! - SOLD) : 1998 Colt Rodeo 2.8Tdi (My first Diesel - SOLD) : 2008 Pajero 3.2 DiDc GLS (Sylvester - SOLD) : 2001 LR Defender 90 (Grizzly - Sadly SOLD) : 2010 LR Discovery 4 HSE (Snow White - SOLD) : 2001 Pajero 3.2 DiD GLS (Snoopy - SOLD but never forgotten) :2009 Pajero 3.2 DiDc GLS (Casper ,Old Faithfull, - SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by Cats View Post
    What are you getting done to it? 8 weeks is a hell of a long time. At least it is wintertime.

CATS
    hehe wish it was so many changes. but its due to me being 4th in line thats taking the time. the only advantage is all the mods on the other xplorers is the same as what I want so I have the advantage of having a look at them when done and tweeking to my liking
    -

Anyone using power movers on their Xplorers and have advice about them ?
    2011 Discovery LR4 HSE
    2008 LR 110 Defender Puma SVX, 60th Anniversary Ltd Edition.
    2006 LR 110 Defender Td5
    2014 Jurgens Safari Xplorer
    Renault Clio VaVaVoom

I have done some changes to my 2011 Explorer, for more space in the front and the CTECK D250S when I do go off road.

Quote Originally Posted by CWMuller View Post
    I experienced the same issue on mine. I then removed the left door's net and fitted it to the right door and vice versa. Now they work perfectly! Don't know if they all come like that or if we both had installation gremlins but after having changed the two around it looks like it should have been that way all around.
    Mine also roles up towards the cupboards. This makes a lot of sense!. Will definitely look into it.
    Pajero Gen 4 GLX 30 Year Heritage Edition - Grondpad
    VW Tiguan 2.0TDi - Teerpad
    Bushlapa Boabab 4.2 in tow

We bought a 2007 model 2 months ago. Only did two short trips so far. Cant wait for the real off road one. Still have to plan it though.

No mods. All standard (I think).
    2010 3.2 GLX Pajero (Sold)
    2000 3.5 GLS Pajero (Sold)

Smile Xplorer modification now completed

Xplorer modification now completed
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice Long John

You have truly customized it to your needs! Some interesting ideas in there.

Enjoy

CATS
    2015 VW Transporter T5.1 132kw 4motion DSG - (Shrek) My Bush-Bus
    2003 Safari Xplorer
    Previous : 1996 Colt Rodeo 3000 V6 (The Original! - SOLD) : 1998 Colt Rodeo 2.8Tdi (My first Diesel - SOLD) : 2008 Pajero 3.2 DiDc GLS (Sylvester - SOLD) : 2001 LR Defender 90 (Grizzly - Sadly SOLD) : 2010 LR Discovery 4 HSE (Snow White - SOLD) : 2001 Pajero 3.2 DiD GLS (Snoopy - SOLD but never forgotten) :2009 Pajero 3.2 DiDc GLS (Casper ,Old Faithfull, - SOLD)

Page 4 of 123 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 29 54 104 ... LastLast