Jurgens Xplorer Fan Club - Page 123

Page 123 of 127 FirstFirst ... 23 73 98 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 2537

Default Re: Jurgens Xplorer Fan Club

I use a piece of pipe that fits inside the tank breather hole. As soon as I start filling up I give the pipe a good suck ( ok it sounds lewd ) A bit of water will squirt out followed up by air rushing out as the tank gets filled. I found that when towing the caravan the breather pipe will fill up and form an air lock due to water slushing around the tank. Trying to get that breather pipe 100% straight using the current setup is almost impossible.

Modification: 2015 Explorer Xcell:

I would like to change my big bed to a fixed double bed as per the 2010? Models. What is the width of the bed?

pls help
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by DeonvG View Post
    You might need to add air suspension as cheaper option as its min 140kg on the towbar. You will definitely have sag on the DC.

I measured the standard height from ground to towbar bracket, 390mm and with caravan hooked a 30mm drop,

Today I installed air lifters just to ensure when fully loaded the bakkie does not bottom out .
    Last edited by Waals; 2019/12/06 at 05:57 PM.

I havenít been active on the forum for a while now, so it was an interesting read this morning. Some good modifications posted and some sad quality control issues. I must say that we donít want to hear that our Tyres are sometimes too hard and sometimes we drive too fast...no finger pointing, actual experience.

We toured Namibia, 6500km in 2015. We had three XPlorers, my 2014, a 2010 and a 2007. The 2007 had almost no issues, mainly because all the niggles were sorted out already, but more so because the owner understands to let the tyre pressure out when needed and corrugated roads should not be driven at a steady 250km/h :-)

My 2014, which were one of the first 10 that came from the production line of the then face lifted XPlorer, had some issues, all quality related and design changes which onlystarted to show issues when stretch tested.

My pump also stopped working. The pump was moved from inside to outside, with the tank (for obvious wood rot reasons) and was now exposed to the magnitude of dust generated by both the vehicle and the caravan. When I stripped the pump the microswitch was completely frozen and after a good clean it worked, for another 300km of dust road and back to square one. Upon return the dealer replaced the pump and fitted a proper cover over it, sealed properly, and we did not look back. The pump noise was extremely annoying compared to the 2007's super soft pump. After replacement it was a lot better but will still send a rhino into early labour.

The brackets holding the water tank, now situated on the outside, started shearing off. The main cause was the chassis flexing and shearing of the rivets. I strapped it on the trip and afterwards the dealer replaced it with bigger rivets, with no further issues.

I had hinge screws vibrating loose but kept on tightening it, so no doors falling off. The 2010 had some doors falling off and hinges failing. This was sorted by adding and extra hinge to the long door and also toning down a bit on the extremely corrugated roads.

2014 had no dust issues, 2010 had the Namibian desert inside, mixed with maize and messina the door broke off. 2007 had no real dust issues.

The fold out nose XPlorers are heavier than the ones with solid nose / XCell versions and should be considered. You get the extra space though.

I had no issues with my Hercules 20 yet. I have added a DC to DC charger for charging when driving as well as solar control. This charges far better than just with the normal vehicle connection.

No issues with the kitchen slide rail yet, and no issues with the bathroom and Rally tents. I do like the older Xplorer's bathroom basin more than the plastic Addis bucket. We did have screws coming loose on the rails that hold the table under the wall to wall double bed resulting in my wife disappearing into the abyss one evening only to find her stowed away under all the blankets. Minor modification sorted that problem. The design or maybe tolerances meant the table was too narrow which causes it to fall through the two side rails on several occasions.

The stove layout is different than the 2007 model. I have issues where the wind interferes with my cooking where with the 2007 model, this is not an issue.

We had a Conqueror before the XPlorer and even though it is an extremely robust caravan, I will not go back. We love our XPlorer. Yes, it is the responsibility of Jurgens to design and build a product that is of good quality, but we cannot abuse it and then expect it to last. I observed an axle which was abused so much on corrugated roads, the rubber torsion suspension actually melted. I donít think it was designed to do that :-).

Happy camping.
    Neels
    Neels, Natasja, Neels jnr & Anke

Camping Rookies
    2015 Ford Ranger Wildtrak 4x4
    2014 Jurgens Xplorer

Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    I have just bought an add-a-room for my Xplorer but don't have time to set it up before we go away. It's the latest spec, 2007 onwards add a room. I don't want to get to our destination and find that all the poles are not there. No set up instructions or list of parts in the package. Anybody with the add a room please advise if the 7 poles in the picture are all that are required ie 2 legs, 3 for both sides and center and 2 joining each horizontal side pole with the center pole. Also 2 additional poles in bag that join together and clip onto something, could have been placed in the bag in error but would need to set up to see if anything missing. Picture of individual poles then one connected. My yellow tape to identify add a room poles when we set up on site. First post on App so hope I did it correctlyAttachment 513835Attachment 513836
    Good morning

Bought a add-a-room and saw this thread. Wondered if you ever managed to find out what the extra poles were for?

would appreciate feedback if possible.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ohmsie View Post
    Good morning

Bought a add-a-room and saw this thread. Wondered if you ever managed to find out what the extra poles were for?

would appreciate feedback if possible.

Thanks!
    Hi Ohmsie

The front top connectors of the add a room clip onto the Xplorer awning horizontal pole to keep the front of the add a room up (in three places if I recall). If one does not put up the awning (or have the poles for it) the add a room would not have a top support pole to connect to. In this scenario the one side of the extra pole would then clip directly onto the Xplorer to provide the horizontal support. The leg support pole for the other end of the extra pole has, however, not been provided and you would need to provide your own tent pole with the spike on the end to fit into the eyelet, if required. In reality, if you have the awning and poles this extra pole is not needed. No instructions are provided with the add-a-room so I suspect this pole was put there to confuse the heck out of everybody. Also when I put my add-a-room up for the first time the top zip was connected the wrong way around (zip that connects add a room to awning). We used it for the trip like that which was only a nuisance in the rain but otherwise ok, dealer said it is a common problem and sent it off to get re-done. All good since then.
    Hilux 2.8 GD-6 DC

Given that Jurgens road caravans all got a revamp, does anyone know if there's a future Safari range in the pipeline?
    Disclaimer - All my posts on this forum is without prejudice, is based on my fair assumptions or perceptions, is in no way intended to cause harm to anyone and is acted upon at your own discretion.

Moved my van into the garage , final height with storage wheels is 2050mm.
    Last edited by Waals; 2019/12/09 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waals View Post
    Moved my van into the garage , final height with storage wheels is 2050mm.
    I moved mine out recently to get ready for my roadtrip and since then it has been raining non stop here. Go figure.

CATS
    Ps - still thankfull for the rain, even if it means I get wet while loading.
    2015 VW Transporter T5.1 132kw 4motion DSG - (Shrek) My Bush-Bus
    2003 Safari Xplorer
    Previous : 1996 Colt Rodeo 3000 V6 (The Original! - SOLD) : 1998 Colt Rodeo 2.8Tdi (My first Diesel - SOLD) : 2008 Pajero 3.2 DiDc GLS (Sylvester - SOLD) : 2001 LR Defender 90 (Grizzly - Sadly SOLD) : 2010 LR Discovery 4 HSE (Snow White - SOLD) : 2001 Pajero 3.2 DiD GLS (Snoopy - SOLD but never forgotten) :2009 Pajero 3.2 DiDc GLS (Casper ,Old Faithfull, - SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by Cats View Post
    I moved mine out recently to get ready for my roadtrip and since then it has been raining non stop here. Go figure.

CATS
    Ps - still thankfull for the rain, even if it means I get wet while loading.
    Same thing here. Fortunately it is parked under a carport.

Drive: Nissan Hardbody DC TD 16V 2007
    Camp with: Jurgens Xplorer 2010 with a couple of mods

Change my 2015 Xcell to look like the 2011 Xplorerís double bed: I like the layout of the double bed on the left side. Who can do the modification with new cupboard in the back right corner and rotate the front cupboard.

Or where can I find cupboard doors that look the same as what is currently in, then I can do it myself.

Western Cape area,

thanks

Has anyone else have water leak issues on the tap at the kitchen end. Ive had it back at the dealer twice now after which they replaced the tap and the red / blue conectors.

camping at Plett and the leak (by leak I mean spraying water) started again. It seems to be on the hot water inlet every time. Im open to any suggestions to replace the tap with something that does not create this issue every time we camp.

FYI its a new 2019 model.
    Now - '19 Ford Ranger 2.0
    Now - '07 Patrol 4.8GRX
    Then - '04 Disco 2 TD5

Quote Originally Posted by IR_eddie View Post
    Has anyone else have water leak issues on the tap at the kitchen end. Ive had it back at the dealer twice now after which they replaced the tap and the red / blue conectors.

camping at Plett and the leak (by leak I mean spraying water) started again. It seems to be on the hot water inlet every time. Im open to any suggestions to replace the tap with something that does not create this issue every time we camp.

FYI its a new 2019 model.
    I had some issue many years ago. But after a change of the o-rings it worked fine. It is a very fragile business for sure but once seated properly and left as is it tends to work. Is there not a funny bend in the pipe that is pulling it slightly, or even a scratch on the surface where it needs to seat? When mine leaked I tried all type of things like clamps and plumbers tape to get it sealed, but in the end it only worked without all those things once properly clicked in place.

Good luck, it can be frustrating but after many years after my last fix I can confirm that they do work. So maybe try and determine why yours are leaking before you change the whole system.

CATS
    2015 VW Transporter T5.1 132kw 4motion DSG - (Shrek) My Bush-Bus
    2003 Safari Xplorer
    Previous : 1996 Colt Rodeo 3000 V6 (The Original! - SOLD) : 1998 Colt Rodeo 2.8Tdi (My first Diesel - SOLD) : 2008 Pajero 3.2 DiDc GLS (Sylvester - SOLD) : 2001 LR Defender 90 (Grizzly - Sadly SOLD) : 2010 LR Discovery 4 HSE (Snow White - SOLD) : 2001 Pajero 3.2 DiD GLS (Snoopy - SOLD but never forgotten) :2009 Pajero 3.2 DiDc GLS (Casper ,Old Faithfull, - SOLD)

Thanks Cats. Just got a new tap from Garden Route caravans. I think the hose is to short / tight and creates tension on connection. Iíll extend the hose a bit when I fit the new tap. Apparently the seating is never the same again if it comes out.

my pump also finally packed up this morning. Started with problems after our Nam trip earlier this year. Every time I want to use it I have to tap it with a hammer.

George at Garden Route caravans was very helpful and assisted me with a new tap and pump under warranty. Iíll fit both this afternoon- hopefully this is the end of my hassles with the water system.

Iíll replace the pump with a sure flow when im back home.
    Now - '07 Patrol 4.8GRX
    Then - '04 Disco 2 TD5

Thanks Cats. Just got a new tap from Garden Route caravans. I think the hose is to short / tight and creates tension on connection. Iíll extend the hose a bit when I fit the new tap. Apparently the seating is never the same again if it comes out.

my pump also finally packed up this morning. Started with problems after our Nam trip earlier this year. Every time I want to use it I have to tap it with a hammer.

George at Garden Route caravans was very helpful and assisted me with a new tap and pump under warranty. Iíll fit both this afternoon- hopefully this is the end of my hassles with the water system.

Iíll replace the pump with a sure flow when im back home.
    We were parking off at Mata when I started to get itchy fingers and wanted to reroute the gas pipe. To do this I needed to remove the pipe fitting connection thingy.

Long story short and a bit of a panic after it leaked quite a few times I managed to fix it good by just ensuring the two fittings were seated properly in their holes. Been fine ever since.

Replaced the pump with a Surflow. Best thing I ever did.

Cheers
    # 5 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS 2015
    # 4 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 2013 trade in
    # 3 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 2011 good trade
    # 2 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 2010 did not aquaplane so well
    # 1 Mitsubishi Colt 2005 with 3.2 DID (160kw WOW!)
    Jurgens Xplorer 2013 (new retirement home)
    Challenger Wilderness "The Penthouse" (sold and will be sorely missed)
    Platkar 1: BMW 118 (SWAMBO)
    Platkar 2: Nissan 200 SX (Retirement project)

Thanks Cats. Just got a new tap from Garden Route caravans. I think the hose is to short / tight and creates tension on connection. I’ll extend the hose a bit when I fit the new tap. Apparently the seating is never the same again if it comes out.

George at Garden Route caravans was very helpful and assisted me with a new tap and pump under warranty. I’ll fit both this afternoon- hopefully this is the end of my hassles with the water system.

I’ll replace the pump with a sure flow when im back home.
    Yip the hoses are the problem, mine started to leak the 2nd time we went camping with the then new Explorer. Also found that the inserts were pulling out from the tap. Decided to put 2 plastic 90 deg elbows in front of the tap and that sorted the problem out forever. Those feeding pipes are always putting sideways tension on the 2 inserts especially the hot water one.
    Last edited by Duke1098; 2019/12/26 at 09:05 AM.

Yes its also the red one that keeps on leaking. Anyway I think they have placed the tap in the wrong place. It would have been better towards the middle rather that the far corner. Wife asked if we cant replace it with a similar setup as the shower at the back which will help her to rinse the dishes.

I had an older oryx which had such a shower and hose setup at the kitchen basin which worked well. Any ideas for the explorer kitchen basin?

anyway Iíve also put 2x 90 deg bents in and two softer type hoses on the ends which connects to the tap. Seems to be working well.

Below is a picture for the next oak that struggles with this.
    Now - '07 Patrol 4.8GRX
    Then - '04 Disco 2 TD5

Quote Originally Posted by CWMuller View Post
    I havenít been active on the forum for a while now, so it was an interesting read this morning. Some good modifications posted and some sad quality control issues. I must say that we donít want to hear that our Tyres are sometimes too hard and sometimes we drive too fast...no finger pointing, actual experience.

We toured Namibia, 6500km in 2015. We had three XPlorers, my 2014, a 2010 and a 2007. The 2007 had almost no issues, mainly because all the niggles were sorted out already, but more so because the owner understands to let the tyre pressure out when needed and corrugated roads should not be driven at a steady 250km/h :-)

My 2014, which were one of the first 10 that came from the production line of the then face lifted XPlorer, had some issues, all quality related and design changes which onlystarted to show issues when stretch tested.

My pump also stopped working. The pump was moved from inside to outside, with the tank (for obvious wood rot reasons) and was now exposed to the magnitude of dust generated by both the vehicle and the caravan. When I stripped the pump the microswitch was completely frozen and after a good clean it worked, for another 300km of dust road and back to square one. Upon return the dealer replaced the pump and fitted a proper cover over it, sealed properly, and we did not look back. The pump noise was extremely annoying compared to the 2007's super soft pump. After replacement it was a lot better but will still send a rhino into early labour.

The brackets holding the water tank, now situated on the outside, started shearing off. The main cause was the chassis flexing and shearing of the rivets. I strapped it on the trip and afterwards the dealer replaced it with bigger rivets, with no further issues.

I had hinge screws vibrating loose but kept on tightening it, so no doors falling off. The 2010 had some doors falling off and hinges failing. This was sorted by adding and extra hinge to the long door and also toning down a bit on the extremely corrugated roads.

2014 had no dust issues, 2010 had the Namibian desert inside, mixed with maize and messina the door broke off. 2007 had no real dust issues.

The fold out nose XPlorers are heavier than the ones with solid nose / XCell versions and should be considered. You get the extra space though.

I had no issues with my Hercules 20 yet. I have added a DC to DC charger for charging when driving as well as solar control. This charges far better than just with the normal vehicle connection.

No issues with the kitchen slide rail yet, and no issues with the bathroom and Rally tents. I do like the older Xplorer's bathroom basin more than the plastic Addis bucket. We did have screws coming loose on the rails that hold the table under the wall to wall double bed resulting in my wife disappearing into the abyss one evening only to find her stowed away under all the blankets. Minor modification sorted that problem. The design or maybe tolerances meant the table was too narrow which causes it to fall through the two side rails on several occasions.

The stove layout is different than the 2007 model. I have issues where the wind interferes with my cooking where with the 2007 model, this is not an issue.

We had a Conqueror before the XPlorer and even though it is an extremely robust caravan, I will not go back. We love our XPlorer. Yes, it is the responsibility of Jurgens to design and build a product that is of good quality, but we cannot abuse it and then expect it to last. I observed an axle which was abused so much on corrugated roads, the rubber torsion suspension actually melted. I donít think it was designed to do that :-).

Happy camping.
    Neels
    Good to hear from the man who started this thread. Well done we all enjoy it tremendously.
    Cheers
    # 5 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS 2015
    # 4 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 2013 trade in
    # 3 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 2011 good trade
    # 2 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 2010 did not aquaplane so well
    # 1 Mitsubishi Colt 2005 with 3.2 DID (160kw WOW!)
    Jurgens Xplorer 2013 (new retirement home)
    Challenger Wilderness "The Penthouse" (sold and will be sorely missed)
    Platkar 1: BMW 118 (SWAMBO)
    Platkar 2: Nissan 200 SX (Retirement project)

Hi has anybody changed the caravan awing to a spring loaded one with side tents rolling up ours is know getting to difficulty for my wife and I we are in oz at the moment camping thier caravan awings are magic
    Hyundia Terracan 2.9 CRD Sold.
    Swambo's 2013 Landy Disco4 SDV6 SE
    New Hyundia I20 Auto run around
    2016 Jurgens Xplorer

Hi has anybody changed the caravan awing with a spring loaded awing with sides? We are camping at coral bay oz and they have fantastic awings
    Hyundia Terracan 2.9 CRD Sold.
    Swambo's 2013 Landy Disco4 SDV6 SE
    New Hyundia I20 Auto run around
    2016 Jurgens Xplorer