Share your DIY Camping gadgets - Page 9





Page 9 of 85 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 34 59 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 1696
  1. #161
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    50
    Posts
    14
    Thanked: 0

    Default Battery Boks

    Hierdie draagbare krag boks staan in ons huis bekend as "Eskom" (maar dit is baie meer betroubaar). Ek het die battery boks gekoop by Outdoor Warehouse, 3 Hella proppe direk op die boks gemonteer en toe 'n ekstra boks aan die kant vasgesit met nog 3 Hella proppe en 1 x sigaret prop. Ek gebruik 'n C-Tek herlaaier om te herlaai, maar die plan is om 'n extra konneksie in die bakkie te installeer om die battery in die ry te laai.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1803 (1280x960).jpg 
Views:	2031 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	275748   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1804 (1280x960).jpg 
Views:	1957 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	275749   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1805 (1280x960).jpg 
Views:	1897 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	275750  

  2. #162
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    The hills
    Posts
    108
    Thanked: 2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Welly View Post
    To keep myself busy this weekend I decided to make up some camp lights.



    I installed 2 x 12v batteries in a plastic crate. I can either charge the batteries with a trickle charger or a 10 watt solar panel. For the lights I used 4 x 30mm LED strip lights, each one with its own switch. The lights connect to the power pack with cigarette lighter connectors. The lights can also be connected to a normal 12v transformer fitted with a female cigarette lighter socket. The dual connectors on the power pack also have a USB port.


    Ek gebruik n jumperpack wat ingeboude charger en ook usb port het. Charge op 12 volt of 220 volt en meer kompak en kan ook jumpstart.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396910264.424126.jpg 
Views:	1265 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	275752
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    EX PERD

  3. #163
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    53
    Posts
    409
    Thanked: 107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gerhardperth View Post
    Ek gebruik n jumperpack wat ingeboude charger en ook usb port het. Charge op 12 volt of 220 volt en meer kompak en kan ook jumpstart.
    Gerhard, I've seen those, but always wondered if they were really what they said they were.
    What size battery does it have inside? Can't be much bigger than 2x 7ah can it?
    Or is this something completely different than a normal battery?
    Looks nice and compact though. Price?

  4. #164
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    59
    Posts
    42
    Thanked: 1

    Default

    Thanks will take you up on thhat. Will call you.
    If you don't risk a no .... you will never get a yes

  5. #165
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    59
    Posts
    42
    Thanked: 1

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Stander View Post
    Janis, I see you're in Pta.
    Thanks Adam will take you up on that
    If you don't risk a no .... you will never get a yes

  6. #166
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Somerset West
    Age
    50
    Posts
    8
    Thanked: 2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HandeVierVoetJimny View Post
    Dis netjies en welgedaan. Sal dit in n Jimny ook pas?
    Het hom spesifiek vir die beskikbare spasie gemaak ~800x400x450mm, jy moet maar die dimensies aanpas as dit nie vir jou werk nie. Deel graag my ondervinding /planne indien jy belangstel.

  7. #167
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    The hills
    Posts
    108
    Thanked: 2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Stander View Post
    Gerhard, I've seen those, but always wondered if they were really what they said they were.
    What size battery does it have inside? Can't be much bigger than 2x 7ah can it?
    Or is this something completely different than a normal battery?
    Looks nice and compact though. Price?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396949033.381628.jpg 
Views:	1867 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	275810Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396948992.831632.jpg 
Views:	1856 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	275809
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396949063.306441.jpg 
Views:	1644 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	275811

    On the rear its got a solar batery charge input with built in voltage regulator. Can buy this as optional.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    EX PERD

  8. #168
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    53
    Posts
    409
    Thanked: 107

    Default

    Have you used it to jumpstart a motor Gerhard?
    Looks like a nice item. Better than the previous picture.
    Price?
    Last edited by Adam Stander; 2014/04/08 at 11:48 AM. Reason: spelling

  9. #169
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    38
    Posts
    963
    Thanked: 49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Stander View Post
    Have you used it to jumpstart a motor Gerhard?
    Looks like a nice item. Bettere than the previous picture.
    Price?
    I manage our department's vehicles at work and they don't drive to often so the result is I usually have complaints that the vehicles don't want to start. Got myself one of these jobbies at autozone for about R800 if I remember correctly. Works like a charm...one petrol nissan hardbody and one oooold diesel hardbody. No issues to start either.

    Also know of someone that uses one at this auto body shop when vehicles stood a while and bettery ran flat.

    You'll be amazed at how well this thing actually work....I can't understand how you can jump a few times on one small internal battery....

  10. #170
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,071
    Thanked: 1030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gerhardperth View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396949033.381628.jpg 
Views:	1867 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	275810Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396948992.831632.jpg 
Views:	1856 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	275809
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396949063.306441.jpg 
Views:	1644 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	275811

    On the rear its got a solar batery charge input with built in voltage regulator. Can buy this as optional.
    From the picture it looks like it's got a 24AH battery.

    I suspect a normal High Cycle with high CCA.
    "Grent" Vitara
    EX- EL JIMBO - RED AND "FAST" 8)

  11. #171
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Patensie
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,331
    Thanked: 21

    Default

    Bos Stort . Gardena 5 liter pressure spray. Two people can shower with 5 liter of water . Price +- R200
    Last edited by Krummelpap; 2014/04/09 at 12:09 PM.

  12. #172
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    The hills
    Posts
    108
    Thanked: 2

    Default Share your DIY Camping gadgets

    Its got a built in AGM batery thats replacable. Yes done a few jumpstarts with it ( ls1 v8 twice in a row) and run 50 liter fridge while camping. Need to charge it in about 1 and half day. But fridge needs to be cool before you get this kind of results.

    The front charger is a slow charger where as the rear is for quick charge. Either straight charger or solar.

    First pict was example. 2nd picture the real deal. Tested and proved. 2 years now. No problem.
    Reason I got this is cause I drive an auto and go solo. For me its serves a double purpose.
    Also easy to use to air up matress inside tent. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396972087.432088.jpg 
Views:	2202 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	275887
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396972087.432088.jpg 
Views:	2202 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	275887Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396972108.545910.jpg 
Views:	1396 
Size:	218.3 KB 
ID:	275888
    Last edited by gerhardperth; 2014/04/08 at 05:55 PM.
    EX PERD

  13. #173
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    53
    Posts
    409
    Thanked: 107

    Default

    Dankie Gerhard
    Duidelik gaan ek vir my een moet aanskaf

  14. #174
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    The hills
    Posts
    108
    Thanked: 2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Stander View Post
    Dankie Gerhard
    Duidelik gaan ek vir my een moet aanskaf

    Ja dit maak dit net makliker en kompact waner jy gaan kamp.
    EX PERD

  15. #175
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Alberton
    Age
    41
    Posts
    429
    Thanked: 2

    Default

    Ek gebruik dieselfde en werk baie lekker. Het nig nie my yskas daarop probeer maar hardloop al my led ligte vir die hele naweek voor ek hoef te herlaai

  16. #176
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    JHB
    Age
    36
    Posts
    685
    Thanked: 6

    Default

    Waar kan 'n mens die units aanskaf locally...? (Gerhard ek sien jy is in Aus)

  17. #177
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Alberton
    Age
    41
    Posts
    429
    Thanked: 2

    Default

    Ek het sommer n cheapie by Adendorffs gekoop vir so R400; maar moes paar ekstra kragpunte bysit. Hy kom net met een sigaret poort. Gerhard sn lyk na n beter kopie as mens dit hier rond kry...(myne het ook net een opsie vir herlaai en kan nie sonpaneel vat nie).

  18. #178
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    JHB
    Age
    36
    Posts
    685
    Thanked: 6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grobbepj View Post
    Ek het sommer n cheapie by Adendorffs gekoop vir so R400; maar moes paar ekstra kragpunte bysit. Hy kom net met een sigaret poort. Gerhard sn lyk na n beter kopie as mens dit hier rond kry...(myne het ook net een opsie vir herlaai en kan nie sonpaneel vat nie).
    Ek het gou probeer kyk maar kon net die kry wat beskikbaar is in Aus.

  19. #179
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Witbank
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,264
    Thanked: 53

    Default

    Busy planning my DIY awning. But first I need some info...
    Where can I buy aluminium square tubing with connector bits? And how much should I pay roughly?
    I'm trying to do a costing for the plan.

    Please reply or PM me if you have details on price or weight of aluminium tubing. Thanx.
    2013 Jimny, stofpad4x4 undies, OME suspension, DIY alu roof rack.
    2011 Jimny SOLD

  20. #180
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    40
    Posts
    167
    Thanked: 25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HandeVierVoetJimny View Post
    Busy planning my DIY awning. But first I need some info...
    Where can I buy aluminium square tubing with connector bits? And how much should I pay roughly?
    I'm trying to do a costing for the plan.

    Please reply or PM me if you have details on price or weight of aluminium tubing. Thanx.
    You get the connectors at Maizey Plastics!

Page 9 of 85 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 34 59 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Camping tips, tricks and gadgets
    By Davidvan in forum Camping, Fridges, Accessories
    Replies: 245
    Last Post: 2019/12/09, 07:44 AM
  2. Camping info needed: Namibia
    By rudiedj in forum Namibia
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 2014/04/23, 08:42 AM
  3. Replies: 538
    Last Post: 2014/01/11, 10:19 PM
  4. Need to share camping site at ihaha - 2nd nov.
    By bushballie in forum Botswana
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2011/08/23, 02:24 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •