Best price for deep cycle battery and inverter?

Default Best price for deep cycle battery and inverter?

Hi there

My wife runs a medical laser which doesn't work so well when there is no power. One option is a zoomer, the other is just to buy a 105 Ah deep cycle battery and inverter (the battery charger I have already).

Can anyone suggest suppliers of battery and inverter - I'm not sure Outdoor Warehouse is the cheapest option?

Regards
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by davetapson View Post
    I'm not sure Outdoor Warehouse is the cheapest option?

I've just completed the same exercise - although not for a laser thingy through.

1) I found a Willard D/C at Vrystaat Battery - Paid R930 - with 18 month warrenty and free 3 month service. So phone around. I think OW now has on special for around R1800
    2) Believe it or not, pop down to a 4x4Mega World..... I found them the cheapest on inverters. I got a Power Inverter (I think) 600W for R599.00. OW have Weaco's 500W at R700.00. 4x4MW also had 2000W (if I can recall) for R1800, or it was a 1800W for R2000.00? Can't remeber that well, as I wasn't interested in a bigger size.
    Wade Bowman
    '07 Land Cruiser 76 SW
    '08 Discovery 3 V6TD HSE
    '11 Conqueror Companion

Het 'n 105 AH by Lumentech in Centurion gekoop vir R650 laas jaar. (http://www.lumentech.co.za/)
    Everything is a hammer.
    Unless it is a screw driver.

Then it it a chisel.

4x4MW - cool. Always nice to have a reason to browse.

This sounds like one of my 'money saving' trips to Makro to buy dog food. Save R100 on the dogfood and spend R2000 on "extras". I've learned it's cheaper in the long run to buy it at twice the price at the Spar around the corner...

I buy al my batteries at Battery Centre. Think they are around R800 for a 102Ah deep cycle.
    Disclaimer - All my posts on this forum is without prejudice, is based on my fair assumptions or perceptions, is in no way intended to cause harm to anyone and is acted upon at your own discretion.

Thoughts from anyone that has tried this.
    We all us one or two 12V deep cycle batteries & then depending on circumstances have solor panels etc. What about using 6v batteries as used in a golf cart, Trojan do a 6v 215Ah deep cycle, these are brought in via the US by First Nat & I belive sold by battery cent outlets.

Autozone sells a 800W (1600W spike) inverter for about R600.

They work well.
    '94 Hilux 4x4 3.0 D/Cab. KZTE Eng.
    2007 Fortuner 4x4 4L V6 AT

Be careful of inverters!!
    If you intend to run a motor then make sure it is a true sine wave inverter and not a modified sine wave inverter as this can cause your motor to heat up.
    If you have high current requirements and you are using this for home use, then try to go 24 volts.
    The deep cycle batteries that have been mentioned hear Will properly give you only a couple years of life. A decent deep cycle battery should give you at least ten years of life. Possible up to 20 years!!
    If you are going for 24 volts then any good traction battery should work. A forklift battery is normally a good choose.

You also need a good quality charger as this will extend battery life considerably.
    You need a charger that can maintain your batteries within certain limits, does not let your battery run to low and will from time to time overcharge your batteries to remove build up from the plates with out causing damage to your battery.

Just my 2 cents worth.

James

I agree with James1. If your wife's equipment is fancy and expensive then sine wave inverter is the best bet. They are much more expensive than regular inverters, but then I reckon replacement value of here equipment is worth the cost of getting the right inverter.

check bushpower.co.za
    * "Wat Spike probeer sÍ in sy min woorde" -Die Skim "
    .................................................. .....

Support our own... Renzo is a member here and the guy to speak to.

www.bushpower.co.za

I've just ordered a 300w MeanWell Inverter from him, but I'll supply my own Deltech 105 battery. The MW inverter is a modified sinewave inverter, but fine for my applications - charging cell phone, camera, portable radios.

-F_D
    Eric Skeen is the Family Dog
    White Fang:
    1999 2700i DC Raider 4x4
    Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2200 DC 4x4
    Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4 V6
    Hound Dog: 2000 2700i SC 4x4

Default Same here

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    I buy al my batteries at Battery Centre. Think they are around R800 for a 102Ah deep cycle.
    I bought a DC 105 Ah last year from them for around R750. Anybody noticed how Deltec DC's have increased in price lately? On SPECIAL for R1795 Rip-off if you ask me.
    2011 Pajero 3.8 GLS LWB
    1996 Conquest 160i RS

Default RE: Lumentech

That Lumentech website doe'snt have any contact details. Can someone post them here please
    tks

Default Lumentech Phone Number

Found them in the phone book. 012 653 8353
    Toyota Land Cruiser 76 4.5D V8 "Vuurhoutjie Boksie". Toyota Hi-Lux D4D 4x4 "Willebees" (My daily drive). Afrispoor Cheetah 2-Sleeper Easy Camper. Hyundai i20 1.6 (SWAMBO's daily drive).