Greeting From Abu Dhabi

Default Greeting From Abu Dhabi

Originaly from Vereeniging but stationed in Abu Dhabi on a work contract. I own a 1992 Discovery1 3,5L v8 that has been given a 2" lift and oversize tyres giving me another 1" lift. I also drive an 2007 Isuzu 3.0TD DC 4x4 Pick-up that only goes on very easy desert drives

There are only a few "no go" areas of the desert so we camp and do dune bashing almost every weekend in the cooler months.

The dunes here are very differnt with lots of short and sharp crests therefore long wheel based 4x4's tend to suffer with cresting, sink upto their chassis in the soft sand or damage their bumbers & radiators on the steep approach & departure angles.

The modified small Jeeps and short wheel based Nissan Super Safari's tend to fair the best in the sands with us LR drivers not hanging to far back.

Cheers
    Andre aka "Avanclan"

Quote Originally Posted by avanclan View Post
    Originaly from Vereeniging but stationed in Abu Dhabi on a work contract. I own a 1992 Discovery1 3,5L v8 that has been given a 2" lift and oversize tyres giving me another 1" lift. I also drive an 2007 Isuzu 3.0TD DC 4x4 Pick-up that only goes on very easy desert drives

There are only a few "no go" areas of the desert so we camp and do dune bashing almost every weekend in the cooler months.

The dunes here are very differnt with lots of short and sharp crests therefore long wheel based 4x4's tend to suffer with cresting, sink upto their chassis in the soft sand or damage their bumbers & radiators on the steep approach & departure angles.

The modified small Jeeps and short wheel based Nissan Super Safari's tend to fair the best in the sands with us LR drivers not hanging to far back.

Cheers
    Andre aka "Avanclan"
    Andre, wonderful to hear from you and to see that you are still accessing the forum. I guess you must be missing SA.

Toyota
    Fortuner 3 D-4D 4X4

Never trust your tongue when you are bitter.

Andre when you come to Cape town i will teach you how to drive a LWB in sand and on dunes. Its tecknique and finnesse . Enjoy the time as your petrol is cheap. Send some pics if you can.. Cheers Ian
    ORA
    -------------------------
    Ian

I do miss SA as I still own a home there, but I dont miss the crime and high petrol prices. Will add some pics as soon as I the "knowhow" on this web site.

What I do find refreashing is the profesional approach to recovery the guys in SA have. Well done

Cheers from a already hot Abu Dhabi