Tata Xenon - Any feedback?

Default Tata Xenon - Any feedback?

Any non-magazine feedback on the Tata Xenon?

MEAN MACHINE Guest

Thumbs up

howsit , i bought a tata xenon 2months ago (4x2). so far so good, get about 9.3km/lt in town and 10 + km/lt long distance depeding on how fast one drives ( i average between 130 - 150 km per hour ) not bad for a 3lt ?

towed a trailer ( weight 500 - 650 kg ) up hill 80km - 100 km on the striaght up to 160km and more ( 7.9 km/ lt on that trip )

the tata is very solid , a bit bumpy here and there but for the price and the performance i stick with tata ( no more toys or mitshus for me ..........over priced brand names anyway )

Quote Originally Posted by MEAN MACHINE View Post
    the tata is very solid , a bit bumpy here and there but for the price and the performance i stick with tata ( no more toys or mitshus for me ..........over priced brand names anyway )
    Lets see if you hold that opinion after 3 to 4 years... especially if you drive it like an animal. 160km/h towing
    2015 Pajero Sport 4x4
    1996 3.5v6 Pajero (For Sale)

Carpe Diem Scrotum
    Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

MEAN MACHINE Guest

Ja , your right only time will tell if the tata will live up to its rep, ( after all they have only been in the business for almost 60yrs ) and last 3yrs .As for the 160km/hr towing ( not a norm )........had to see what the vehical is capable of ,test it out ( or im i the only guy that checks out what perfomance his new car can deliver ? )

Derren Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MEAN MACHINE View Post
    As for the 160km/hr towing ( not a norm )........had to see what the vehical is capable of ,test it out ( or im i the only guy that checks out what perfomance his new car can deliver ? )
    While towing? Um.... nope...

The only performance I would be interested in when towing is can the vehicle move at a safe speed (for towing and other road users), handle ok... Must just be me I guess.

Default StopAbility

Also, when testing the abilities of your vehicle, find out how well you can stop from that speed.
    Last edited by Gaitshi Gubib; 2008/03/28 at 02:13 PM.
    Johan Mitchell, .... r.i.v. Swambo Marthie

My beste kennis is dié oor my eie onkunde

'96 Colt DC V8 ... Safari Camper ... '88 Fleetline L
    '88 Ballade 150 ... sold
    "The rule here is that there is no rule" .. MikeAG

MEAN MACHINE Guest

Yep !!!!!!of course all of the statements you guys made r 100% accurate , but the fact remains that the tata is going to be a force to be reckoned with ...........watchout toyota / mitshi /nissan etc.

MEAN MACHINE Guest

Default need to say more ?

Alive-N-Kickin

Tata Xenon feedback
    I took delivery of my 2x4 xenon on the 17th of March. At this stage very happy as I never owned a vehicle like this before.

Normal town driving results in 10,6 km/l. Open road driving delivers 12,9 to 14,5 km/l doing between 100 and 120 km/l.

Greetings

4ePajero Guest

14.5 km/l = 6.9 l/100km !

http://www.motoring.co.za/index.php?...icleId=4220647
    Attached Images Attached Images  

We bought 2 telkolines in 2005 and regret wasting our money. they always say that it takes a few versions before manufacturers will get it right.
    I wann see the guys from top gear take these new chinese and indian 4x4's and drive them through the namib angola zambia malawi mozambique. see which one cuts it and see which ones .

planning to buy one ..or GWM ..soon.. meanmachine/4Epajero/alive-n-kickin.... any feedback now one year later..........?? one of my suppliers bought one in TANZANIA?? no major feedback from him yet.....any help guys

Well I have had my Tata Xenon for 8 months now and she is still going strong!

The fuel consumption is still a blessing on my pocket, and she has been my faithful friend on quite a few off road adventures already!

hey mike... Are u doing long distance trips ?? or only city ?? and what kind of fuel consumption do u get ??.. i get about 11KMPL with my 3litre..
    thanks,.

Default go or it

Quote Originally Posted by superfrankielampard View Post
    planning to buy one ..or GWM ..soon.. meanmachine/4Epajero/alive-n-kickin.... any feedback now one year later..........?? one of my suppliers bought one in TANZANIA?? no major feedback from him yet.....any help guys
    I've had my Xenon 2.2 for 9000km now. No issues and good fuel consumption As long as you know it is not a Toyota or Isuzu u will be fine. Its a bit rough around the edges but comfortable on the long road where you need it. The 2.2 DiCor is great, although I.ve only towed once. I am happy with it and the service. It is more of a small D/C truck than a modern day car like Totota/Isuzu/Ford/Mazda D/C although it has all the goodies. I feel proud and different driving my TATA. To top it all it holds it own on my inlaws tough Free Sate farm. If your buget allows you to buy a new one and you dont care about Toyota snobs go for it! You need also take into account that the service plan and warranty which are both competitive. Enjoy .TATA my TATA.

@tata my tata --- thanks a lot bro.. having a 2.2 ltr now..traded the 3ltr in .... its a great vehicle.. really enjoy the upgrades theyve done over my 3ltr.. new clutch footrest and the vehicle is a dream on the highways...

On the whole the Tata Xeonon gets really great feedback in a lot of forums. Most people use it pretty hard and find that it stands up well.

I haven't had mine very long but so far so good. Very happy with the performance and capabilities.
    I love my Tata Xenon!

I have quite a bit of respect for Tata. Bought my first one in 2003. Was written off in a head-on with a Hillux. My driver spent three weeks in hospital with ruptured spleen. No survivors in the Hillux.

Replaced it with another Tata telcoline in 2005 - still driving it - no hassles. Used predominantly on construction sites in the EC. To date - the most cost effective site vehicles I ever had with the best warrantee.

Smoke a pipe and chill

TATA XENON & ECO TRAILER

Ek en vroulief het Aug 2010 vir ons ‘n Tata 2.2. Xenon doublecab aangeskaf na ons die 3.0 liter Xenon ingeruil het. Ons het toe die dagna ontvangs die alucab terug gesit en afgesit Johannesburg toe vir ‘n Dual Battery Sisteem. Kwart voor nege is ons weg by Alucab waar ons nog altyd baie goeie diens gekry het. Ons het toe al die afgelee parke besoek, Tankwa, Mokale en toe teen die kus op tot by Alexanderbaai. Vandaar is ons Richtersveld en deur by die pond. Vandaar Souses en omgewing en ‘n paar dae in Kgalagadi en terug Naboom toe. Die bakkie met ‘n Eco trailer agter het my oor die 8800km 10.4 km/l gegee.
    Hierdie jaar besluit ons om Botswana te doen. Sekere ander ounens het met vrae gekom soos: 1. Hoeveel voertuie is julle?, 2. Waarmee ry julle?, 3. Gaan jul nog sleep ook? Elke keer was die antwoord: “Ooooh! Ek sal nie. “ Ek, vroulief, Ben & Ria Vos van Rustenburg is hier weg- die Tata, Echo en 4 mense vol gepak vir 4 weke.
    Ons is Groblersbrug oor en iue roete soos volg beplan. Khgama Rhino Sanctuary, Maun, Croc Farm en toe Moremi in. Met al die leegtes vol water en ompaaie het die Taat begin wys hy kan ook saam praat. Van die leegtes se water het my uitgevang en op een stadium is die water is oor die enjinkap en ons moes in een keer die deure oopmaak om die water uit te laat. Vandaar af na Planet Baobab en die Makgadigadi panne in. Ons is to via Nata na Kasane waar ons eerste band die gees gegee het waar ‘n stuk staal die wal stukkend gesteek het.
    Ek ry met Firestones destinations and het toe ‘n Continental gekry in Kasane saterdag middag 17H30. Die mense was baie hulpvaardig.
    Vandaar is ons deur die Caprivi, Poppa valle wat ‘n belewenis was met die poging om tiervis te vang. Daarna na Etosha wat volgens ons een van die beste reservate wat is ons besoek het. Kamp kostes het R600/dag beloop wat ‘n bietjie erg was.
    Van Etosha na Tietiesbaai en omgewing. Net ‘n waarskuwing omtrent los goed en klere in die nag. More oggend is hul weg. Dan die wonderlike Swakopmund en Café Anton se appeltert – ‘n moet as dit jou smaak is.
    Die firestones het hulle tol begin eis met al die grondpaaie. Stukke van die bande het begin uitbreek en met 20 000 km gedoen lyk hulle gehawend. Miskien sou hul nog 15000 kon doen. Die Continental lyk nog soos nuut. Van Henties is ons na Soletair, Sousus en Kgalagadi. 8800km gedoen en die Tata het ons 8.7 km/liter gegee.
    Ek dink dat Tata meer aandag aan hul bemarking in die tipe avontuur kan gee. Die voor suspensie is bietjie sag en ek het vir die toer Camel skokbrekers ingesit wat beter is maar nog nie voldoende is nie. Miskien kyk na harde wringstawe.
    My Tata het nou 51000 km kommervry gedoen. Die Echo het in die omgewing van 60000km gedoen onder alle omstandighede sonder enige probleme. Gewis ‘n produkte on op trots te wees.

Theuns & Sarie Nel, Nabbomspruit

Got my Xenon 2.2 4x4 D a month ago very happy so far with it helped some family move from Thabazimbi to Welkom over the weekend had no problems with towing a heavy loaded 4m trailer only found it to be a bit bouncy but thats to blame on the tar road state.