Extreme 1200 MKII Bicycle-Light review

Default Extreme 1200 MKII Bicycle-Light review

Unmatched Cycle Light Offer. Nothing can compare to the quality, performance vs price of this set. It now includes the high quality tail light, Neoprene battery pack and SABS approved charger. Only R845. Light Up Your Adventures with the Extreme 1200 Combo

Here are some review we got from our customers on the Extreme 1200

- See more at: http://extremelights.co.za/shop/extr...bicycle-light/
    Claudius Gey van Pittius (verified owner) – October 29, 2013:

About two months ago I bought this light. I did not pay an arm and a leg so I did not expect much but wow was I surprised. You can hunt poachers with the thing and the nicest of all is I get much more respect from oncoming traffic and pedestrians. I also would like to thank Extreme Light for extremely good service. It has been a pleasure doing business with you!

[email protected] (verified owner) – September 30, 2013:

I am a seasoned MTB rider and love night rides. I recently completed my 5th Trans Baviaans and a lot of my training is from five o clock in the mornings. Well, I used three different types of lights during the past five years and I must say this one is cheap, very light and compact and twice as cheap as my previous models. The amount of light on bright and dim settings is enough to make even a blind mouse find its way! My next model will be the Extreme 1400 which are already on my wish list. Tx Extreme Lights for making night riding affordable! Andre Martin.

[email protected](verified owner) – September 9, 2013:

I just came back from a night mountain biking event over the weekend and I have to say this light is amazing. I was outshining lights that cost twice as much. This light is extremely affordable and offers outstanding performance. I know have the confidence to ride at night. This light is really extreme.

[email protected](verified owner) – September 9, 2013:

Annoying part: This review part of the site, deleted lenghty review twice
    Good part: Service and delivery. Value for money lights, used 2 sets in 24hr event

[email protected] (verified owner) – September 5, 2013:

Being new to MTB I needed a light that would let me ride with confidence at night. Well I surely got that when I purchases the Extreme 1200 MKII. I also have to congratulate Extreme Lights on the speedy and efficient service I receive. Keep up the good work and thanks for making it a bit easier at night. I now just need to work on my fitness

[email protected] (verified owner) – September 3, 2013:

Excellent Light, Excellent service, I would recommend this light to anyone, as many have mentioned you can get away by riding with it on low bean, but why? high is AWESOME

[email protected] (verified owner) – July 17, 2013:

Absolutely fantastic. Well worth the money spend for it.

[email protected] (verified owner) – July 14, 2013:

I bought an Extreme 1200 Cree bicycle light and I was pleasantly surprised with the performance of this little light. I say little, but it sure packs a punch as an entry level all-round cycling light. The battery life is grate and one could easily go for a 2-3 hour night ride, still having optimal usage. I love the new battery pouch – easy to use on the cycle, but just as easy to use as an arm strap when using the light as a headlamp. Great all-rounder and I would recommend it for any one.

[email protected] – July 11, 2013:

Very pleased with this light, I usually get that when I approach a stop at night, that the vehicles who entered the stop before me will give me right of way.
    In another case a pedestrian who wanted to cross the road, stepped backed when the light approached, with a comment of awe “… Oh, its a bicycle, I thought it was a motorbike…”

[email protected] (verified owner) – July 9, 2013:

Nice light, only used it on the Tandem thus far and still has to use it on the MTB. Nice battery pouch and sits tight on the bike.

[email protected] (verified owner) – July 8, 2013:

Love the light. Usually up by 3am in Gauteng to train (quiet roads) and cycle from 3h40 to 5h40. No need for useless street lights as they seldom work so I just light up the road. Would love to upgrade to the 2400, but it will be overkill and could scare the motorists!
    Thx for the quick delivery and the rear bike light i got a present. Order is in for the 2000, waiting for delivery.
    Last edited by HannesZ; 2014/02/21 at 02:18 PM.
    Light Up Your Adventures with Extreme Lights TM
    Cycling, Trail running, Motor Biking, Diving and much more.
    www.extremelights.co.za/

Buy the best tail light you can afford, because this is the one that will save your life. Headlights are far less important, although all the comments above seem to be about the headlight, and I am sure it is a great light. The tail-light here is too small for my liking.

Mike
    "A poxy, feral, Brit architect who drinks bad beer and supports the wrong rugby team." Tony Weaver

"Mike for President" Freeflyd

Quote Originally Posted by MikeAG View Post
    Buy the best tail light you can afford, because this is the one that will save your life. Headlights are far less important, although all the comments above seem to be about the headlight, and I am sure it is a great light. The tail-light here is too small for my liking.

Mike
    Valid points Mike, rear light NB for traffic to see you. I like the lights above (my short review is quoted) but I went for a strong headlight to assist with late night rides in the fields where no traffic need to see my backside, but I must see the single-tracks!

Im in the market for a light now. Will this light be sufficient to light up atrail off single track?
    The last 5km's of my ride home is technical single track so i do need a light that will be able to get me home properly or should I rather go for something bigger?
    Gerhard
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2
    Mercedes GLA 2.0 diesel (SWAMBO)
    And a Summit Everest trailer that SWAMBO loves.

My 5 year old cycle light is 220 lumens. It is small enough to fit on my helmet which I have to do as the beam is very narrow. This was ok for a few Transbaviaans's.

This light is 900 lumens which is way better than my poor 220 lumens. If it throws a wide beam, you should be ok. If you want to be sure (and have the money), consider the Extreme 2000 or Extreme 3K.
    Niel
    2012 BMW F800GS
    2010 Nissan Navara 2.5 dCi 4x4
    2015 Bush Lapa Miskruier (B503)

Are these the best value for money?
    I dint need a 12 hour batery and 5 different settings so was considering something for the handle bars like this and a smaller lighter one to fit on the helmet.

I came down quite hard again tonight due to not seeing properly so is gatvol of struggling.

What else is good?
    Gerhard
    Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2

I haven't done any night riding in a long time and don't know what else is available. But I have 4 Extreme Lights 3000 lumens vehicle lights and a torch and I'm very happy with their quality.
    Niel
    2012 BMW F800GS
    2010 Nissan Navara 2.5 dCi 4x4
    2015 Bush Lapa Miskruier (B503)

Quote Originally Posted by WillysCJ View Post
    Im in the market for a light now. Will this light be sufficient to light up atrail off single track?
    The last 5km's of my ride home is technical single track so i do need a light that will be able to get me home properly or should I rather go for something bigger?
    Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    My 5 year old cycle light is 220 lumens. It is small enough to fit on my helmet which I have to do as the beam is very narrow. This was ok for a few Transbaviaans's.

This light is 900 lumens which is way better than my poor 220 lumens. If it throws a wide beam, you should be ok. If you want to be sure (and have the money), consider the Extreme 2000 or Extreme 3K.

I agree with Musashi. My 220 Lumen did ok for most rides 5 years ago. So yes the Extreme1200 lights will be more than adequate for normal riding. I do find the hot spot a little to narrow but it has a nice wide side spill.

Here is my cycle light comparison
    Go read more to compare

But as an engineer/light fanatic and avid mountain biker which likes riding after work and in the mornings there is only one light that I would recommend at this stage. The Extreme 2K

It is a little smaller than the Extreme1200 but produces x2 the amount of light for over 4h. I under rate it runtime on the website because I like to error on the save side. But there is nothing that can beat it when it comes to (Lumen x Runtime/ weight)

And honestly for R1800 it is a steel. My partners what me to double the prices because our competitors don't have anything in that price range that matches it but I am holding strong.
    www.extremelights.co.za/

Im sure the 2K is the best but at R1800, although a bargain, still way more than what im willing to pay.

How do you find riding between the extreme 2000 and 1200. The 2000 would be the upper limit and stretching of what id be willing to pay?
    Gerhard
    Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2

Default Extreme 1200 MKII Bicycle-Light review

I have the 1200, two actually. I used it successfully in a 24 hr, CM rides as well as a regular Thursday eve ride in the neighborhood. More than enough !!

PS: Using one per bike

Quote Originally Posted by WillysCJ View Post
    Im sure the 2K is the best but at R1800, although a bargain, still way more than what im willing to pay.

How do you find riding between the extreme 2000 and 1200. The 2000 would be the upper limit and stretching of what id be willing to pay?
    You will be happy with both. I like the wider beam of the 2000 over the 1200. But you don't really need that much light when on the road.
    www.extremelights.co.za/