NIGHT CHALLENGE 4X4 COMMUNITY @ Ou Trek - Page 6

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    CarloJK Guest

[QUOTE=swimma;2086394]
    Quote Originally Posted by CarloJK View Post

That pic on your signature looks very familiar. At least you have decent recovery points in front

Terence ,i was waiting for you ,just incase you needed some help.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoegENplak View Post
    Without going too far OT, would you mind explaining to me why it's not recommended?

Jean
    Not going into all this again, there are many posts here on the forum.
    I didnt say cant be used, i said not recommended.
    But if you have to use it, use a bridal in conjunction, If those bolts break off its a missile
    Recovery using tow-hitch blah blah blah - 4x4 Community Forum
    Last edited by OFFROAD ADDICT; 2014/02/07 at 05:36 PM.
    ORA
    -------------------------
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by CarloJK View Post
    Good thing that Lawrence won't be going along,as I would hate to hear him on stage.
    Hey whats wrong with my singing. You all will be lucky to hear my angelic voice in the night skies

Life's a journey, enjoy the ride & shift expectations.
    1999 Nissan Hardbody (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by SWEETLIPS View Post
    Hey whats wrong with my singing. You all will be lucky to hear my angelic voice in the night skies

Cacofonix[edit]
    Cacofonix is the village bard. He is usually only a supporting character, but has a major part in the plots of some albums (see Asterix and the Normans, Asterix the Gladiator, Asterix and the Magic Carpet and Asterix and the Secret Weapon). He loves singing and playing his lyre, and jumps at every opportunity to do so. He also plays the bagpipes, drum and a Celtic trumpet resembling a boar called a Carnyx. While he can accompany traditional dances, and conducts a village band, his singing is unbearable. In Asterix and the Normans it is so unbearable that it teaches the fearless Normans the meaning of fear. In recent albums his music is so spectacularly horrible that it actually starts thunderstorms (even indoors), because of an old French saying that bad singing causes rain.
    For his part, Cacofonix considers himself a genius and a superb singer, and he is angrily offended when people criticize his singing, to the point of dismissing them as barbarians. He is slightly effeminate, often seen smoothing back his hair and holding his head up high.
    Some villagers go to extreme lengths to avoid hearing Cacofonix's music. Most notably, Fulliautomatix, the village smith, bangs him on the head at the merest hint of breaking into a song, and has destroyed his lyre on a number of occasions, at one point being called the "ancestor of music critics". As a running gag, Cacofonix is generally tied up and gagged during the banquet at the end of most albums to allow the other villagers to have a good time without having to keep him from singing. He is nonetheless well liked when not singing.
    In contrast to the villagers, some of the younger outsiders whom Cacofonix has met do appreciate his "talent": Justforkix (in Asterix and the Normans) actually encouraged Cacofonix to think seriously about moving to Lutetia where he claimed the bard's way with music would be enjoyed; Pepe (in Asterix in Spain) liked it because it reminded him of home (the goats bleating in his village); and Princess Orinjade (in Asterix and the Magic Carpet) expressed similar enthusiasm, though it was perhaps in gratitude for his music having saved her from being sacrificed.
    Unlike the other villagers, whose huts are on the ground, Cacofonix's hut is perched up in a tree. Ostensibly this is so that he can act as a lookout to warn the other villagers of imminent invasion, but the real reason is to let him practise his music as far from everyone as possible. It has been felled several times but has been replanted, or restored by Getafix's magic acorns (in The Mansions of the Gods).
    In the English and American adaptations of the series, he speaks in an effeminate voice.
    He and Getafix are the village's teachers, as only bards and druids are allowed to teach in school. He is rarely seen fighting the Romans (or even doesn't join fish-fights that often) except when his personal honour is impugned and appear to be more pacifistic than the rest of the villagers. His voice apparently does not mix well with the magic potion, although in Asterix and the Magic Carpet it actually restores him to full voice. The fact that he is incredibly arrogant may also be partly to blame, as in at least one volume (Asterix and the Roman Agent) he is shown to have not even noticed the other villagers are fighting the Romans and is actually shown asking Getafix what's going on (however, he had been suffering from a lost voice earlier in this volume and may have simply been staying in his hut while waiting to recover).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Asterix_characters

Quote Originally Posted by vleipadda View Post
    Cacofonix[edit]
    Cacofonix is the village bard. He is usually only a supporting character, but has a major part in the plots of some albums (see Asterix and the Normans, Asterix the Gladiator, Asterix and the Magic Carpet and Asterix and the Secret Weapon). He loves singing and playing his lyre, and jumps at every opportunity to do so. He also plays the bagpipes, drum and a Celtic trumpet resembling a boar called a Carnyx. While he can accompany traditional dances, and conducts a village band, his singing is unbearable. In Asterix and the Normans it is so unbearable that it teaches the fearless Normans the meaning of fear. In recent albums his music is so spectacularly horrible that it actually starts thunderstorms (even indoors), because of an old French saying that bad singing causes rain.
    For his part, Cacofonix considers himself a genius and a superb singer, and he is angrily offended when people criticize his singing, to the point of dismissing them as barbarians. He is slightly effeminate, often seen smoothing back his hair and holding his head up high.
    Some villagers go to extreme lengths to avoid hearing Cacofonix's music. Most notably, Fulliautomatix, the village smith, bangs him on the head at the merest hint of breaking into a song, and has destroyed his lyre on a number of occasions, at one point being called the "ancestor of music critics". As a running gag, Cacofonix is generally tied up and gagged during the banquet at the end of most albums to allow the other villagers to have a good time without having to keep him from singing. He is nonetheless well liked when not singing.
    In contrast to the villagers, some of the younger outsiders whom Cacofonix has met do appreciate his "talent": Justforkix (in Asterix and the Normans) actually encouraged Cacofonix to think seriously about moving to Lutetia where he claimed the bard's way with music would be enjoyed; Pepe (in Asterix in Spain) liked it because it reminded him of home (the goats bleating in his village); and Princess Orinjade (in Asterix and the Magic Carpet) expressed similar enthusiasm, though it was perhaps in gratitude for his music having saved her from being sacrificed.
    Unlike the other villagers, whose huts are on the ground, Cacofonix's hut is perched up in a tree. Ostensibly this is so that he can act as a lookout to warn the other villagers of imminent invasion, but the real reason is to let him practise his music as far from everyone as possible. It has been felled several times but has been replanted, or restored by Getafix's magic acorns (in The Mansions of the Gods).
    In the English and American adaptations of the series, he speaks in an effeminate voice.
    He and Getafix are the village's teachers, as only bards and druids are allowed to teach in school. He is rarely seen fighting the Romans (or even doesn't join fish-fights that often) except when his personal honour is impugned and appear to be more pacifistic than the rest of the villagers. His voice apparently does not mix well with the magic potion, although in Asterix and the Magic Carpet it actually restores him to full voice. The fact that he is incredibly arrogant may also be partly to blame, as in at least one volume (Asterix and the Roman Agent) he is shown to have not even noticed the other villagers are fighting the Romans and is actually shown asking Getafix what's going on (however, he had been suffering from a lost voice earlier in this volume and may have simply been staying in his hut while waiting to recover).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Asterix_characters
    Vleipadda, you have a disturbing amount of time on your hands...

Mitsubishi Colt 3.0 V6 Double Cab
    BMW E46 325ti
    (my first love)
    BMW F20 118i Motorsport
    (SWAMBO)
    BMW F80 M3

"I'd rather die standing, than live on my knees" - Che Guevara

You mean you see Lawrence like this, vleipadda??
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    It's a J e e p thing...........you would'nt understand!!
    Ek ry met stok-ou Jeeps, want dan dink almal ek's al lankal ryk!!
    Gee vir my 'n Coke......skoon Coke......met 'n dubbel Brannas in asseblief!!

Hi Ian

Please put me on the list I will bring the coffee maker

Greg
    Greg Hudson
    2009 Prado 4.0 Petrol
    2013 Bush Lapa Boskriek B133

Quote Originally Posted by Bialetti View Post
    Hi Ian

Greg
    Now you are talking a language I understand, Greg!
    It's a J e e p thing...........you would'nt understand!!
    Ek ry met stok-ou Jeeps, want dan dink almal ek's al lankal ryk!!
    Gee vir my 'n Coke......skoon Coke......met 'n dubbel Brannas in asseblief!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bialetti View Post
    Hi Ian

Greg
    Make sure its in a good condition, all new seals etc Greg
    Glad to see you again on a trail.
    ORA
    Ian

Hennie, do you remember the year we had all the chaos at the first water crossing 2003 or 2005
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ORA
    Ian

just a ? can we pitch a tent and sleep over
    When life throws you lemons you better have some salt and tequila handy

gen 1 pajero 2.5 TDI SWB aka Boesman

platkar Renault Duster aka Stoffie

Quote Originally Posted by deon1127 View Post
    Deon, No, this is not a sleep over. You will have to make arrangements for that on another occasion.
    ORA
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by deon1127 View Post
    Now that's a responsible driver...
    Ross

Julle ouens darem.....
    Snakes wont be an issue.....spiders and scorpions though.....

Have to get sum extra lights on the Lux.....
    Toyota Hilux 30 KZ-TE 4x4
    Toyota Conquest 1.3 Sport
    Toyota Corrolla 140i
    Opel Corsa pickup - Cuzzans Property
    ORRA X208

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    Julle ouens darem.....
    Snakes wont be an issue.....spiders and scorpions though.....

Have to get sum extra lights on the Lux.....
    Most headlamps with the red light can pick up some scorpions, they seem to get luminous at night
    ORA
    Ian

I'm amped for this so please stick me on that list too. Raymond7905 will probably also join in.

Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    I'm amped for this so please stick me on that list too. Raymond7905 will probably also join in.
    You are most welcome, i can only put names on the list if requested personally by a member///
    ORA
    Ian

Cool thanks. I did ask him but I'll get him to post here too.

Quote Originally Posted by vleipadda View Post
    Sies jy add my nie eers nie

Im there
    Nie geweet jy is ook op die forum nie Charl. Dalk sien ek jou daar.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardovans View Post
    Nie geweet jy is ook op die forum nie Charl. Dalk sien ek jou daar.

My goeie genade sit net jou naam op en wees daar dis maklik

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast