Land Rover Auction at the 2014 Landy Festival

Default Land Rover Auction at the 2014 Landy Festival

We are considering having a Land Rover Auction at the Land Festival and would like to hear your opinion if you think this is something that would be of interest to enthusiasts and visitors of the Landy Festival.

In short we would like to introduce an auction of Land Rovers at the Landy Festival. If you have anything to sell from a Series Landy to a Camel Trophy or a G4 vehicle (Sarge??) you could apply for it to be auctioned off at the Landy Festival. We would even consider selling a half finished restoration project but it has to be present at the Landy Festival.

In the long term, we would like to see the Landy Festival Land Rover Auction become and annual event and something that people look forward to as much as the Landy Festival itself.

If anyone has any thoughts on this or any ideas to put forward , I would love to hear them.
    Last edited by craigdutton; 2014/01/26 at 08:34 PM.
    2012 Defender 110 Puma
    2007 Disco 3 V8 SE
    1995 Disco 1 300TDI (Sold)

www.mylandroverhasasoul.com

http://landyfestival.co.za/

Brilliant plan. I would be interested in an unfinished project. If it turns out restoration is not for me, sell it again next year
    Sold Land Rover 110 Tdi Hard top.
    Crank driven compressor http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...ad.php?t=42059

Sold: 2000 Discovery2 V8 Auto

Current: 2005 Subaru Outback 3.0R: Mommy wagon, strapped to a rocket. What a car!

Orra call sign B226

Only full land Rovers, what about parts and such. I'm sure there a lot of guys with transfer boxes and gear boxes and such lying around??

For those unfinished projects :-)
    My wife is simple, in a complicated way

How about a boot sale on secondhand items rather than an auction? Like Billing in the UK?
    Gandalf: '77 Series III 109" SW (He's old, he's grey, he smokes, but on an adventure you want him as companion...)
    HF, VHF, UHF
    Detroit Locker rear, Truetrac LSD front
    Hardened valve seat ULP conversion
    British cut cam shaft
    VW carb conversion, electric fuel pump
    G-Tech Electronic Ignition
    Hankook M/T 235/85/16

Frodo: '12 Jimny (SWAMBO)
    Stofpad spacer lift and underbody protection

Platkar (work): '15 Ranger 3.2 AT 4x4 with AluCab

Quote Originally Posted by ZS6HDV View Post
    How about a boot sale on secondhand items rather than an auction? Like Billing in the UK?
    I tried that in 2012 and only had one person exhibit (Incredible Bob) nobody exhibited in 2013..
    2012 Defender 110 Puma
    2007 Disco 3 V8 SE

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Only full land Rovers, what about parts and such. I'm sure there a lot of guys with transfer boxes and gear boxes and such lying around??

For those unfinished projects :-)
    I'd prefer to try and sell only full Landies... it will get messy if we start selling parts..
    2012 Defender 110 Puma
    2007 Disco 3 V8 SE

Hey guys, am I to assume that by virtue of the fact that so few people have responded to this post that the Auction at the Landy Festival is a bad idea?

Please let me know so that I can put it into the bin with the rest of the bad ideas :-)
    2012 Defender 110 Puma
    2007 Disco 3 V8 SE

unfortunately this year i won't be able to make the fest. hoping maybe next year. i like the idea of of auctions and even bootsale. keep[ the bootsale idea low key in that if someone wants to bring stuff to sell they can. as far as not having much effort with it in the past, this is first i heard of people trying a boot sale idea or anything.

want to getthe bootsale idea off the ground, here is simple idea. start a thread say titles LandyFest bootsale thread. let people who are going to the fest post comments and pics of items they will have at the fest so people can get an advanced look before they go. do the same on your own website and the facebook site. i would even place an ad in the new landy mag about the fest and on the ad mention the bootsale as one available activity. you do those 4 items and you should see more activity this fest.

don't know about hewre in SA but in the states secondhand sales what we call fleamarket area is a huge hit.....
    Luke aka Jedi

1954 Landy Rover Series 1 86"- Rambling Rose
    Best company slogan: Cherrybomb performance exhaust, Disturbing the peace since 1968

here are a couple posters pulled off google for examples

Luke aka Jedi

Best company slogan: Cherrybomb performance exhaust, Disturbing the peace since 1968

Quote Originally Posted by JediNAfrica View Post
    unfortunately this year i won't be able to make the fest. hoping maybe next year. i like the idea of of auctions and even bootsale. keep[ the bootsale idea low key in that if someone wants to bring stuff to sell they can. as far as not having much effort with it in the past, this is first i heard of people trying a boot sale idea or anything.

want to getthe bootsale idea off the ground, here is simple idea. start a thread say titles LandyFest bootsale thread. let people who are going to the fest post comments and pics of items they will have at the fest so people can get an advanced look before they go. do the same on your own website and the facebook site. i would even place an ad in the new landy mag about the fest and on the ad mention the bootsale as one available activity. you do those 4 items and you should see more activity this fest.

don't know about hewre in SA but in the states secondhand sales what we call fleamarket area is a huge hit.....
    Thanks a ton for the great input..
    2012 Defender 110 Puma
    2007 Disco 3 V8 SE

welcome, wish i could do more like actually be there, maybe next year...
    Luke aka Jedi