Traveling to Mabuasehube

Question Traveling to Mabuasehube

Hi Guys,

I will be traveling to Mabuasehube again (3rd Time) in Feb and would like to know if there is a better/shorter way to get there, bearing in mind the amount of extra fuel one would need to carry and where could one overnight reasonably close to Mabua on the Botswana side of the border etc. We have previously travelled from JHB to Mabua via Kuruman and then up to Tshabong and camped the night at Berrybush and made our way up the next morning. On both occassions coming home a different way, one via the lower cut line past Gaa village and then onto Molopo Game reserve and then home, the other via the top cut line, then turning up to the Trans Kalahari and home via Pioneers gate. The second route home was a good and practical way home, but as for going there, it does not seem practical as there doesn't seem to be any camp spots in and around Jwaneng or after that, that are on route and your last fuel stop is Jwaneng. I have heard about a route via Bray and the crossing over into Botswana going via Werde. Any body hove info on this route such as campsites, last fueling spots, condition of the roads, how much dirt road travelling is involved etc?

Thanks

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Peter.seago View Post
    Hi Guys,

I will be traveling to Mabuasehube again (3rd Time) in Feb and would like to know if there is a better/shorter way to get there, bearing in mind the amount of extra fuel one would need to carry and where could one overnight reasonably close to Mabua on the Botswana side of the border etc. We have previously travelled from JHB to Mabua via Kuruman and then up to Tshabong and camped the night at Berrybush and made our way up the next morning. On both occassions coming home a different way, one via the lower cut line past Gaa village and then onto Molopo Game reserve and then home, the other via the top cut line, then turning up to the Trans Kalahari and home via Pioneers gate. The second route home was a good and practical way home, but as for going there, it does not seem practical as there doesn't seem to be any camp spots in and around Jwaneng or after that, that are on route and your last fuel stop is Jwaneng. I have heard about a route via Bray and the crossing over into Botswana going via Werde. Any body hove info on this route such as campsites, last fueling spots, condition of the roads, how much dirt road travelling is involved etc?

Thanks

Peter
    Camping at Lobatse? Also Kanye?

But when you leave early from JHB you can reach the cutline at Kokotsa, drive 40 kilos and bush camp.

The cutline is easy 60-65 kilo per hour driving! About 2 hours you in the park!
    Elize

en ry saam met SarelF in
    VW AMAROK MET BLINKGATCAMPER:
    My Platkar:- Peugeot 208

Kyk gerus by www.blinkgatproducts.com
    Vir enige aluminium produkte,canopy's, campers kontak gerus
    Sarel 0828209413

Thanks for the reply, but do you have any names/contact numbers for these campsites

Send a email to [email protected]. Camping and rooms at Lobatse.
    Elize

en ry saam met SarelF in
    VW AMAROK MET BLINKGATCAMPER:
    My Platkar:- Peugeot 208

Kyk gerus by www.blinkgatproducts.com
    Vir enige aluminium produkte,canopy's, campers kontak gerus
    Sarel 0828209413

We are travelling to Mabua via Kuruman on the 16th Dec. Overnight at Springbokpan on the RSA side of McCarthy's Rust Border, about 8kM from the border. Next morning to Mabua via Tshabong. Are the times and disatnces as per Google Maps realistic.

The route that we have adopted now is.

Alberton - Carletonville - Vryburg - Tocsa - Bray border post. Fuel is available both sides of Bray.

We like to stay at Cornwall lodge which is a short drive from Bray and has a choice of camping and really nice rooms. All good prices.

Werda had fuel in September but is cash only, you will need Pula.

From there, you can go to Kokotsha and onto the cutline and if your timing is right into Mabua. It is a long day to do this in one go, but if you do not stay at Cornwall you can go onto the cut line and bush camp.

You could also from Cornwall lodge go to Werda and then tar rd down to Tsabong if you need supplies and or fuel. This then leaves 85 kms of good gravel and 35 kms of sand rd to the Mabua gate.
    Last edited by Stranger; 2015/12/03 at 11:43 AM.
    Lusted for a Landy but the Pajero was sexier and bigger in the right departments, just like my Missus.

2004 Gen 3. 3.8i petrol V6 (PAJTU)
    X Factor Bundutop trailer (designed by me)
    1998 Blister Fender Pajero 3500 24V (PAJ) (Sold)
    BMW R1200R