Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default TJM South Africa - Not so good for business

So, I used to swear by OME suspension for Land Rovers, Grew up with the stuff, so it was all I knew. Then 4x4 Mega bucks came along and screwed the pooch. The stores had no real knowledge of the product, and the prices became horrendous, and there was never stock available.

So then started a relationship with TJM. LA Sport always seemed to know what they were talking about with regards to the product. it seemed to be better quality than the OME, and the price was always reasonable.

So today, while checking my brothers recently bought 110, we decided it needs new shocks, phoned up LA Sport, and they are now as expensive as OME, and they are battling to get stock (Understandable since Silver Lakes crowd bought out the franchise rights). So I phone Gary Swemmers shop, who are now the official TJM SA go to guys, and they are more expensive than LA Sport, and wont have stock till mid february.

So now its time to finally give Terrafirma a try, been tempted for a while, but have always stuck to the Ozzie stuff. On my way to British 4x4 to buy some terrafirmas, cheaper than what I would pay for monroes...

Why haven't you considered EFS? Great product and prices are reasonble too.

4x4s

The Terrafirma stuff is good... and well priced.
    Ross

I was very impressed with the CAMILS I fitted to my terrano, but that is shocks only. I suppose you are looking for the complete kit? If you want shocks only, seriously consider camils if available for the 110 of KONI's (had them on my jeep - very good)

Otherwise have a look at Billsteins (Pricey, but VERY good and completely serviceable)

Contact mikemsuspensions.co.za

I suspect you will be happy with the Terrafirma and kick yourslef for spending all that money on the Aus stuff over the years.

Let us know what you think once it's in.
    Dewald

Unhappy

So, I used to swear by OME suspension for Land Rovers, Grew up with the stuff, so it was all I knew. Then 4x4 Mega bucks came along and screwed the pooch. The stores had no real knowledge of the product, and the prices became horrendous, and there was never stock available.

So then started a relationship with TJM. LA Sport always seemed to know what they were talking about with regards to the product. it seemed to be better quality than the OME, and the price was always reasonable.

So today, while checking my brothers recently bought 110, we decided it needs new shocks, phoned up LA Sport, and they are now as expensive as OME, and they are battling to get stock (Understandable since Silver Lakes crowd bought out the franchise rights). So I phone Gary Swemmers shop, who are now the official TJM SA go to guys, and they are more expensive than LA Sport, and wont have stock till mid february.

So now its time to finally give Terrafirma a try, been tempted for a while, but have always stuck to the Ozzie stuff. On my way to British 4x4 to buy some terrafirmas, cheaper than what I would pay for monroes...[/QUOTE]

Tuan B i will stay away from TJM if i were you!! If you have to wait till mid Feb just to buy TJM shocks how bad will the after service be if there is a warranty claim? I think Gary bit of more then he can chew.. I think EFS is a good option and you get a great warranty!

Default Tough Dog suspensions

Hi TaunB,
    do you know the Oz spec suspension called Tough Dog? it is distributed by OL (Opposite Lock Fitment Centers)
    The suspension won best overall performing suspension in Oz for the past 5 years . You can also Google it. It is foam cell technology and has been around for many years in OZ.
    You also get an adjustable option.
    Pricing is also very competitive.
    OL sponsored the Bridgestone Fundi Challenge and also equipped some of the Bridgestone vehicles.
    Contact Gerdus at 012 567 1378 if you are interested in a quote.
    Martin Bezuidenhout
    2009 3.0 D4D Hilux Auto D/C
    Tough Dog suspension
    Fully OL Kitted vehicle.
    Conqueror Companion 2013 8)

I've had them all over the years. Same result. Apart from the days we played around with Toyota Dyna truck shocks on the 110. Now that was awesome!
    Disclaimer - All my posts on this forum is without prejudice, is based on my fair assumptions or perceptions, is in no way intended to cause harm to anyone and is acted upon at your own discretion.

Ironman ??

almost to scared to chack what is costs today. Had it fitted 4 years back, and not a days issues.

I've had no issues with TJM (use LA Sport in Ellisras/Lephalale). Including replacement under warranty
    Last edited by andyrag; 2014/01/09 at 04:56 PM.

2014 Prado TX D4-D

I understand the frustration TuanB. But maybe I can throw some light on the matter. TJM is in the middle of switching distribution and opening new franchises (I know this as a motor journo) So there will be some disruption between now and Feb. That's understandable. Nothing to do with service etc. I also fail to see how this new development will affect the warranty? (Do I read some unnecessary needle in that post Mudhunter?)

As soon as distribution is up and running all will be back to normal, plus a whole lot of extra product lines.

And as stated, meanwhile there are other products available. Gary may even stock some alternatives?

I agree with andyrag. We run TJM shocks on our Cruiser and never had a problem.

We expect a press release from TJM in the near future. When it comes I'll share it here verbatim.
    Variety is the spice of life!

Have you heard of RAW?

Quote Originally Posted by Mudhunter View Post
    Tuan B i will stay away from TJM if i were you!! If you have to wait till mid Feb just to buy TJM shocks how bad will the after service be if there is a warranty claim? I think Gary bit of more then he can chew.. I think EFS is a good option and you get a great warranty!
    Are you saying this just to damage the new shop?

Please post your real name and your relationship to LA Sport.

Dirk, b4 Trailrider posted the situation with TJM and properly explained the distribution changes, which thanx trailrider for doing so, mudhunter was basically saying if they have trouble getting shocks and stuff for you from tjm, then how can they properly uphold the warrenty. but not trailrider explained the situation mudhunters comment is moot.
    Luke aka Jedi

1954 Landy Rover Series 1 86"- Rambling Rose
    Best company slogan: Cherrybomb performance exhaust, Disturbing the peace since 1968

Arctic Trucks (Gary Swemmer) have recently bought the TJM license and LA Sport have lost it.

Fit the TerraFirma, it's probably the best you can do for a Landy.
    Last edited by Alxrow001; 2014/01/11 at 01:57 AM.
    Rowan Alexander

http://www.fridayavieclub.co.za

With all info on the table now, maybe the unfortunate thread heading should be changed?
    Variety is the spice of life!

Terrafirma is the way to go. Best value for money!
    Range Rover Big Body 5.0 V8 Supercharged
    Land Rover Defender 110 CSW Puma
    Land Rover Defender 110 V8 Game viewer
    Land Rover Defender 100 PU V8
    Land Rover Freelander II SD4
    Jaguar XJS V12

Quote Originally Posted by bvandyk View Post
    Terrafirma is the way to go. Best value for money!

How much is a terrafirma fit?

Got a quote yesterday for OME on a 110 and it was just under R18,000 all in. That did include a steering damper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 Defender 110 SW 2.2 (Yo-Landy)
    Mantec snorkel, 45l long-range tank, Warn 9500ti thermometric winch, Mantec Steering Guard, Lumeno 10watt worklight

Its probably half that, incl installation. Get quote from british4x4 or lp4a or lrservices / Lrpshop.com
    Range Rover Big Body 5.0 V8 Supercharged
    Land Rover Defender 110 CSW Puma
    Land Rover Defender 110 V8 Game viewer
    Land Rover Defender 100 PU V8
    Land Rover Freelander II SD4
    Jaguar XJS V12

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast