Lesotho Trip Report December 2013

Wink Lesotho Trip Report December 2013

Hi Guys
    I wrote a trip report of our latest trip to Lesotho with some pictures. See pdf file attached. Hope you enjoy the country as much as we do!

Attachment is smaller than 4 MByte - the many pics is worth the wait for the download.

LesothoTripReport20131230.pdf
    Last edited by Poggie; 2013/12/30 at 02:44 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Poggie For This Useful Post:

Thanks for the report! I agree, Lesotho is beautiful. Many places there I still need to visit.
    ZS6VL

hi Poggie...what a great report and thanks for sharing. We also toured Lesotho extensively until a stone throwing incident en route to Katse Dam which left my son with some damage to his lower lip and teeth. This happened about 8 years ago and I have vowed never to return untill these issues were sorted. I did report it to Government officials at the time and they ensured us that they were working on the issues. My opinion is that most of these stone throwing incidents derived from tourists just handing out sweets etc and thereby creating a culture of I want, I demand.

We particularly favoured the Sehlabathebe area and have never heard about any issues there.......

Paul8)

Great report! Thanks Poggie!
    @Paul, so sad to hear about this incident!
    I've done 73 trips to Lesotho over the past 13 years and have only had a stone thrown at me once. The stone hit the Landy but didn't cause any damage, fortunately!

thanks Dave....it seems like incidents have come less and less....would like to go sometime soon agan

Sorry to hear about some of the incidents in Lesotho.
    I work and live in Gauteng and between me and Swambo we spend quite a number of hours per day on the road. I had a number of attempted highjacks and burglaries over the last number of years, on the 24th of December my next door neighbour was killed by house robbers in the early morning hours, a number of my friends and colleagues have been through house robberies, smash and grabs, highjacks, etc. I know crime is never ever acceptable and it is not nice to be a victim of crime. Every day we all take a calculated risk when we leave our homes and drive to work or wherever or when we come home and lock the gates, set the alarms, test the neighbourhood security radio, etc. But I still choose to live and work in Gauteng even with the risks involved.
    Maybe it is the same with overlanding, we discuss the risks, try to understand it but we are still prepared to take the calculated risks as we are not monks living in a monastry and life continues!

Nice report i will do it in the future