Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: TJM Africa

Not trying to highjack a thread but.... for those looking for local flavor there is a company here in pe and no i don't work for them or have bought their products yet but just know of them. Cerafix has a 4x4 line called ecoline i believe it is called. here is website http://www.cerafix.co.za/
    if memory serves when i spoke to them they do custom engineering so u can take an idea for a bullbar to them and they design and build it.
    Luke aka Jedi

1954 Landy Rover Series 1 86"- Rambling Rose
    Best company slogan: Cherrybomb performance exhaust, Disturbing the peace since 1968

Arctic Trucks (Gary Swemmer) have bought the TJM Africa license
    Rowan Alexander

http://www.fridayavieclub.co.za

Quote Originally Posted by Mudhunter View Post
    I heard La Sport is going to produce a local range of accessories, the price is going to be very competitive. I do wish them luck! LOCAL IS LEKA!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    I guess you heard this at the office?
    Ouch! I thought there must be connection somewhere.

Onderduims Mudhunter, om 'n kompeterende produk op die forum te kom beswadder onder 'n vals naam. Jy het LAS nou baie meer skade as goed gedoen.
    Variety is the spice of life!

Hmmm...
    Never noticed this thread before and just had a look at Mudhunters credentials.
    Quite blatant BS pretending to have no involvement. If it was my call your profile would be nuked on principle
    Score one more negative point against that company in my eyes

It's also interesting how local companies punt "local is lekker" but then usually proceed to peg their prices as close as possible to import prices.
    Last edited by Spike; 2014/01/11 at 09:12 AM.
    * "Wat Spike probeer sÍ in sy min woorde" -Die Skim "
    .................................................. .....

Punch , jab , counter punch , knockout !
    There is no task too simple for some people to complicate !

Ford Figo 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    It's also interesting how local companies punt "local is lekker" but then usually proceed to peg their prices as close as possible to import prices.
    Fact!!!
    I recently spoke to a guy that supplies some of these "local" stores, and they put over a 100% markup on his product, to keep it in line with their other imported ones. 2012 I had to replace rear bumper, Insurance paid almost R11k for bumper from LA sport, the bumper manufacturer also sells directly to the public, at almost half the price. (this was for supply only, no installation, so no extra hidden costs, so I am comparing a January 2014 grannysmith apple with a 2014 grannysmith apple )

2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ:
    4.5" lift
    4.10 Ratios
    High Pinion D30 and 8.25 Chrysler Diff
    Upgraded lower control arms
    BDS adjustable upper control arms
    Zone nitro shocks
    32" Kumho KL 71tires
    Snorkel and K&N
    Escape 4x4 custom rear bumper with swingarm

2010 Jeep Wrangler, Sahara, 3.8 V6, Auto (gone )

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post

sab but true business fact. u take 2 products 1 import and 1 local. you sell the local one for half the price of the import. most of the time the import will sell as the mentality is if an item is that cheap it has to be cheap so i will buy the more expensive import. so a store will boost the local one to close to the import price to sell his stock so he doesn't sit with it.

years ago my dad lost his job and decided to cut grass for a living as we already had needed tools. he set a price made fliers and got less than 10% callback on fliers. he spoke to a guy (competetor) in a lawnmower shop and they guy told him to raise his prices to what is comparable to what most guys charged (double what my dad was charging) and reissue fliers. this time my dad got over 50% callback off fliers. if your too cheap people will avoid you just as if your too expensive.

the problem is alot of the local builders don't truely understand the influence a forum like this can play on the market. last year or so ago i was getting a quote on some stuff to be made by cerafix who make and sell eco-line products. i told him if he wanted to have a shot at really boosting sales he should join these forums and advertise his buyllbars and alum canopies here.... i was just wasting my breathe i doubt he had muchidea how much of a tool the internet truely is.
    Luke aka Jedi

1954 Landy Rover Series 1 86"- Rambling Rose
    Best company slogan: Cherrybomb performance exhaust, Disturbing the peace since 1968

Strange? comments on wanting to support LOCAL, we have a local supplier Supreme Springs in Nigel, they make all the springs etc for Toyota , Nissan , Ford GM and they have a product for the SA 4x4 market, So why don't they get the support?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryden View Post
    Strange? comments on wanting to support LOCAL, we have a local supplier Supreme Springs in Nigel, they make all the springs etc for Toyota , Nissan , Ford GM and they have a product for the SA 4x4 market, So why don't they get the support?
    They are members here.
    http://4x4community.co.za/forum/member.php?u=44418

Quote Originally Posted by Alxrow001 View Post
    Arctic Trucks (Gary Swemmer) have bought the TJM Africa license
    Once again, please get the facts 100% straight, before you post these types of comments here. The fact that TJM Africa's first retail shop is situated in Hazelwood / Silver Lakes / Pretoria East , does NOT mean that Gary Swemmer is the sole owner of the TJM Africa licence . . .

Just for interest sake, who here, can remember which company was the original TJM importers and distributors in South Africa ?
    Last edited by JP; 2014/01/12 at 09:01 PM.
    [B]Johan Prinsloo

Quote Originally Posted by Spike
    Hmmm... Never noticed this thread before and just had a look at Mudhunters credentials. Quite blatant BS pretending to have no involvement. If it was my call your profile would be nuked on principle Score one more negative point against that company in my eyes .
    Seems that he has left on his own after been caught out. Last post was on the 10the I think

Can anybody assist me with contact details for TJM South Africa , I need some spares for my front bar .

Thanks .
    Hilux ... White
    Fortuner ... Grey

Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    Once again, please get the facts 100% straight, before you post these types of comments here. The fact that TJM Africa's first retail shop is situated in Hazelwood / Silver Lakes / Pretoria East , does NOT mean that Gary Swemmer is the sole owner of the TJM Africa licence . . .

Just for interest sake, who here, can remember which company was the original TJM importers and distributors in South Africa ?

Meyerton Toyota?

Quote Originally Posted by PajeroMan3500 View Post
    Thanks !
    Hilux ... White
    Fortuner ... Grey

Quote Originally Posted by The Condor View Post
    Meyerton Toyota?
    1 year, 9 months and 2 days later and you're spot on
    [B]Johan Prinsloo

Quote Originally Posted by PGJ View Post
    Can anybody assist me with contact details for TJM South Africa , I need some spares for my front bar .

Thanks .
    The Imperial Motor Group is the importers and distributors of TJM in South Africa. TJM Pta-East is one of their dealers, and should be able to assist.
    [B]Johan Prinsloo

Quote Originally Posted by Trailrider View Post
    I happened into an interesting bit of news yesterday. TJM is coming to Africa.

TJM of course had a product presence here already through some 4x4 stores, but now will have a corporate presence and their own TJM stores. The biggest difference to us the consumers is that all TJM product lines will now be available in SA and the rest of Africa.

The stores will be 4x4 stores concentrating on kitting your 4x4, selling things like shocks, snorkels, winches, bullbars, Recovery kits, jacks (in carry bags), pro-lockers etc. TJM actually has over 3000 product lines including stuff like fridges etc.

A South African version of the Aussie website will also go live next year where you can build your 4x4 on-line and see the finished product (with a price) without even leaving your PC. I played with it a bit. Click the link.

Some pics:

I know the owner of that particular car, its amazing little machine. best way to travel in Congo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2