Metalian Maxi super thread - Page 3

Page 3 of 148 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 28 53 103 ... LastLast

Poen I think wet canvass on any set up is a situation we all avoid as far as possible. I packed a wet ttop a few times and it is not enjoyable. Strangely the insides remained pretty dry, I think the modern ripstop is a bit more resistant to becoming waterlogged. I have noticed that the old wet marks from touching the inside of a wet canvas is no longer an issue.
    Henk
    Adventure is out there go find it

Fitment and trailer service. Agent for SnoMaster & Tentco
    Follow us on Facebook

Earlier in the year I had some discussion with a few guys on forum regarding geysers, well the end result is a system where the geyser is transported inside the trailer and coupled via quick connectors to the hot water circuit in the trailer itself. The meneer of a water pump fitted to the Metalian as standard is more than adequate to have the geyser ignite and work flawlessly. The volume of water through the geyser is so that adequate temperature control is possible by just controlling the flow of the water through the geyser.

This one was the start of it

Set up with stainless geyser, as you can see the water is by quick connects but the gas is a separate bottle and own regulator, I have not had luck in getting hold of a quick connect for the gas that I can trust so before I blow someone up I rather let them have a bit of inconvenience

With hot an cold water available it makes sense to install a mixer tap that can swivel out of the trailer and not drip inside the unit, besided it looks much better

With hot water on tap it makes sense to have a decent place to do the dishes and the nose cone lends itself to just this kind of development.
    basin is a lightweight stainless unit that can easily be removed to empty.

Further development on the kitchen side is the rubbish bag cover over the A normal shopping bag fits inside and the handles come through the slots on the side. the lid can either be closed or held open by a velcro strip on the top.

Last edited by hbannink; 2012/12/16 at 01:36 AM.
    Henk

Follow us on Facebook

All these trailers are shocking. Im offering....hmmmm.... R25K to take it off your hands But if you delay - I will have to drop it to R20K..

Jokes aside - they look fantastic!!!! Im greeeeen. Will need to come see you some time henk.

You’re more than welcome any time
    Henk

Follow us on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by cordell.dutoit View Post
    Will need to come see you some time henk.
    Don't look into the light. Don't look at the Metalian.
    I did and had to order one. Mine should be finished sometime in January 2013.

Only go and visit Henk once you are ready to place the order.
    I had to save up first and the wait was agonizing.
    Peet

2011 VW Amarok BiTDi 4Motion
    2013 Metalian Maxi

Quote Originally Posted by peethorn View Post
    Don't look into the light. Don't look at the Metalian.
    But....but.....the light is so pretty.....I had no choice but to look.

Eendag as ek groot is, soek ek n metalion. Hopelik is ek volgende jaar groot.

Lyk my ek het toe uiteindelik groot geword.

Got mine 21:30 on Wednesday night, thank you Henk and Jenny for bringing it all the way to Lichtenburg on a rainy night.

Dankie Henk vir die pragtige werk - dis regtig puik gedoen en die wag was die moeite werd.

I am proud to be able to have one of these behind me all the way - congratulations Heinz - it looks even better up close than in all the pictures I have looked at on the forum.

Dak natmaak môreaand in Shingwedzi.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by daneers; 2012/12/22 at 07:10 AM.

Dan

Great first post . Thank you for your appreciative words. From everyone at the factory in Kuils River, it is equally rewarding working for great clients.

Thank you again for supporting Metalian.

Danie dit was 'n groot voorreg om die outjie vir jou reg te kry en deur te bring. Soos Heinz se is dit lekker om vir iemand wat dit waardeer die ekstra myl te loop.

Mag julle jare lange kamp vreugde uit die waentjie kry.
    Henk

Follow us on Facebook

Henk, kan jy my asseblief 'n aanduiding gee van hoe lank die elekrtiese installasie gaan neem?
    Ek wil graag my eerste trippie beplan. Sodra ek weet wanneer die Metalian gereed is kan ek die planne begin te maak.
    Peet

2013 Metalian Maxi

Henk you trailer looks fantastic bud. When are you going to Marakela again.
    Jeep, there is only one.

Henk en Jenny, julle moet bietjie weer fotos laai van julle laaste veranderinge.
    Peet

2013 Metalian Maxi

Henks a bit slow so her goes.

Firstly, I replaced all the brown canvas caddies with green ripstop.

Fridge door:

Fridge cover with our lap trays on the front, more storage on the side and a snug pocket for the foil so one can pull it without having to hold on to the box.
    It has a double layer of insulation with a foil lining. In my wisdom I decided to discard Henk's input and only did two layers on insulation and not three else the fridge would not fit. It just, just fits in under the above fridge drawer.

Kitchen hatch:

You'll see two taps, the bottom one is a mixer for hot and cold water. The small one above is for filtered drinking water. There is a third one at the back which goes to an outlet on the back of the trailer....... hold that thought.... let's first finish the job, you'll be gobsmacked. LOL

Henk insisted on the flip up lid, I was not taken by it.....but he put it in regardless so I had to put meaning to it. I have to say, I'm rather chuffed with the result.

On the offside, we have:

F-Sections:
    Heinz (in his wisdom) provides for two trays, we decided to reinvent the wheel and do three. What the heck we thought, the space is there?! (Or is it? ) It took Henk the best part of 3 days to move the electrical box, the light switch, the hela plug, the above fridge drawer interfered and so did the fridge but at the end of the day, three trays we have.

The front door with two removable shower bags:

His (and a bit of hers ) bedroom door:

Her bedroom door with three removable bags for female paraphernalia:

The back door, holds the braai grid, firelighters and stuff, my Amarula candle lamp and a removable first aid bag.

The whole shebang and we ain't done yet!

Customization and custom canvas work for any trailer, no matter the model or make.

Catch us on FaceBook!

Ultimate Overland - 4x4 Trailer Sales, Rental and Customization

Wow!

CAMP AND CLIMB -
    Website
    CENTURION
    012-665-2079 e-mail BELLVILLE 021-949-0039 email
    PAARDEN EILAND 021-510-8112 e-mail

Shop Securely Online at www.outdoorshop.co.za - Please contact the shops directly for fast service!

WOW!

Edit: Snap

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
    Willem Louw
    Toyota Hilux D/C 3.0 D-4D 4x4, Full OME suspension, African Outback Alu-Top, Dual Battery, DIY Drawer System, National Luna 50L
    Venter Offroader Trailer

Incredible!
    How do you expect me to sleep now?

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Forum Runner
    Peet

2013 Metalian Maxi

Hi Jenny
    Do you guys make these kind of canvas bag/caddies for the Bushlapas as well? Anyone with a BL asked you before? Being from german decent I like the tidy look
    Cheers, Heinz
    Bushlapa Miskruier No. 68

This is so fantastic to see. As a sheet metal worker, I have my limitations in working in fabric. But this is how I envisaged the trailer in comprehensive finish.

If I may just point out what, by design from inception, allows such customisation:

The trailer is divided into four clear packing areas - the two side cupboards are "400" (nominal dimension - it's actually a bit deeper) deep, centre rear load is "600" wide and the front fridge compartment also "600" wide. This provides for a range of modular plastic containers to fit neatly into the trailer without space wastage, and as Henk has done with the simple "F" section bolted directly onto the cupboards and front panels.

There is no need to fit any subframes to make up drawers and shelves because the cupboards and body panels are pre-designed to be in exactly these correct positions.

Pre-punched holes provide for easy fixing, height adjusting shelves and drawer slides.

Deep paneled doors allow for the spacious fitment of bags.

Jenny, you've designed some stunning bags. I trust I am complimenting you and not patting myself on the back, when I say the Metalian trailer must now certainly be the most practical, best built expedition trailer available.

It's no secret why I am so happy and thankful to be associated with Ultimate Overland. (Ultimately Henk and Jenny!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ballbearing Dyster View Post
    Hi Jenny
    Do you guys make these kind of canvas bag/caddies for the Bushlapas as well? Anyone with a BL asked you before? Being from german decent I like the tidy look
    Cheers, Heinz
    Hi Heinz,

Thank you for the compliment.

I have not yet made bags for the Bushlapa but should you want me to, I'll be happy to make some for you. Most of my clients have their own ideas of what they what to pack where so I mostly do custom work. It's pointless really for someone who have all their camping equipment having to buy new because they don't fit into standard caddies.
    Last edited by JennyB; 2013/01/28 at 12:05 AM.

Customization and custom canvas work for any trailer, no matter the model or make.

Catch us on FaceBook!

Hi Heinz (Modricky ),

Heinz, I take that as a feather in my cap coming from you.

That has been my point all along. The Metalian is well thought out and sound by design so there is no need to rebuild anything, it's perfect! Although the shelves are easily movable, we don't even change them from their factory fitted position.

As you know, when Henk convinced me that we would never have a caravan again, we looked at all the trailers on the market and eventually Henk decided to build our own. When our first Metalian pulled through the gate by chance, I gave it one look and knew this was it.

I wanted a trailer that works like my cupboards at home, I want to open a door and live. It had to be rugged enough for the offroad environment but it still had to be soft on the eye. I think the canvas additions achieve that.

Catch us on FaceBook!

Page 3 of 148 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 28 53 103 ... LastLast