Page 162 of 162 FirstFirst ... 62 112 137 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162
Results 3,221 to 3,230 of 3230

Default Re: Metalian Maxi super thread

That was the Toyota Tuff bakkie shock. Let me see what I can find out for you, otherwise if this is indeed discontinued, we need to look at manufacturing a new bottom shock bracket that will accommodate and eye fitting and we should have more choice. We had 2 or 3 different bracket setups, before settling on what we currently have (and don't have a clear record of which VIN was fitted with which bracket type. If you whattsapp me (082 650 9636) an image of your shock bracket at the base, I'll be able to respond better. This change will not require any welding - the brackets are loose components that bolt into place.

It is also possible to upgrade this to take the current shock setup that allows for a wide range of sizes to be fitted, but this will require grinding off the shock tower bracket and drilling and bolting in the new bracket. If you have a water system fitted, you'll need to remove this to get access to the new bolt points as well.

The Gabriel catalogue lists their equivalent as being G45001. (I'm waiting for a reply from our suppliers and will update in this post.)

Update: The Monroe shock is technically still available but there appears to be stock issues. The Gabriel equivalent G45001 is available from Midas at R520 each inclusive of VAT.
    Last edited by Heinz Modricky; 2021/08/06 at 01:22 PM. Reason: added WU number/additional info

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Heinz Modricky For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Modricky View Post
    That was the Toyota Tuff bakkie shock. Let me see what I can find out for you, otherwise if this is indeed discontinued, we need to look at manufacturing a new bottom shock bracket that will accommodate and eye fitting and we should have more choice. We had 2 or 3 different bracket setups, before settling on what we currently have (and don't have a clear record of which VIN was fitted with which bracket type. If you whattsapp me (082 650 9636) an image of your shock bracket at the base, I'll be able to respond better. This change will not require any welding - the brackets are loose components that bolt into place.

It is also possible to upgrade this to take the current shock setup that allows for a wide range of sizes to be fitted, but this will require grinding off the shock tower bracket and drilling and bolting in the new bracket. If you have a water system fitted, you'll need to remove this to get access to the new bolt points as well.

The Gabriel catalogue lists their equivalent as being G45001. (I'm waiting for a reply from our suppliers and will update in this post.)

Update: The Monroe shock is technically still available but there appears to be stock issues. The Gabriel equivalent G45001 is available from Midas at R520 each inclusive of VAT.

Hi Heinz.

Thanks for the feedback. I will make contact with you if all else fails. I got a call from our local Midas who sourced the Gabriels. Will pop in there this afternoon. If this does not fly, I will revert back.

Thanks again.

Hi Heinz/others,

Hoping you can help, I have a 2018 maxi in Australia that needs shocks replacing, its done some hard miles so its understandable, its just that I cant find a suitable replacement here in Oz for the Gabriel shock as no one stocks them here (even tho there is distrubutors listed on their Australian website, go figure). has anyone replaced them in before in Australia that would happen to have brand/part number? Ive tried a few options that have been in stock the parts shops but so far but nothing that will work, mainly either the bottom eyelet tube is too big or they over with a over shaft protection cannister which makes them too big to mount next to each other. Parts shop guys say they can order me in something that might work but its my cost if it doesnt.

any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Hi Guys,

Our Maxi is up for sale, see classifieds.

Just want to say a big thanks to Heinz, we really enjoyed our trailer over the years and the journey with Metalian.
    Did not use it as much as we should, but I also do offshore fishing and normally my boat goes with on holidays. So we just did some local weekend camps.

We wanted to get something with quicker setup for overnight touring, came very close to keep the trailer, remove the tent, and install a rooftop tent with batwing awning, but eventually got a Cheetah.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Russellcoight View Post
    Hi Heinz/others,

Hoping you can help, I have a 2018 maxi in Australia that needs shocks replacing, its done some hard miles so its understandable, its just that I cant find a suitable replacement here in Oz for the Gabriel shock as no one stocks them here (even tho there is distrubutors listed on their Australian website, go figure). has anyone replaced them in before in Australia that would happen to have brand/part number? Ive tried a few options that have been in stock the parts shops but so far but nothing that will work, mainly either the bottom eyelet tube is too big or they over with a over shaft protection cannister which makes them too big to mount next to each other. Parts shop guys say they can order me in something that might work but its my cost if it doesnt.

any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers.
    WhatssApp me please 082 650 9636.

I think I need to officially give a shout out to Heinz!

Not only has he created one seriously sexy piece of metal in the Metalian Maxi but a platform for adventure and exploration that in my opinion is 2nd to none. "Pound for pound", there is no equal. I have been thinking back on the times that my family and I have been fortunate enough to embark on journeys that would not have been possible were it not for my Metalian Maxi. Across central Mozambique to the azure waters off Pomene. From Crooks Corner to the south western cape, from Baviaans kloof to Calvinia and beyond. Moremi, Chobe, Makgadigadi pans and many, many more. We have criss-crossed this beautiful country and its neighbours many times over. Whether it be just an over night stop or a remote stay of up to 10 days where 100% self sufficiency (i.e water, power, etc) is required, the Maxi took it in it's stride. Never once did I hesitate nor doubt it's capabilities.
    Be it on the rutted roads of Botswana, the deep sands of Savuti and Mozambique, the mud of the Makgadigadi Pans (or central Mozambique for that matter) or at 120km/h (and sometimes plus - ok, a lot of times) on South African tarred roads, it was of no concern - in fact, you sometimes "forgot" she was there. If you look after her (yes, my Maxi is a she"), she'll look after you!

Why am I reminiscing you ask? My family has grown up and as a result, so too are our requirements. SWAMBO and I have been discussing the possibility moving to an offroad caravan in the not too distant future and, whilst not a done deal yet, is certainly looking like a possibility. I've always been flat against caravans perse - big, bulky and heavy, everything my Metalian is not. Today though, the "climb in and sleep" or even the ability to have a quick shower inside after having packed up are probably the only two things my Maxi cannot do - by design though! Priorities however change and it seems, so are ours. All I know is, when that day comes, it'll break my heart.

So, with that in mind, I thought I'd just rekindle this thread and remind those following what a superb platform Heinz has delivered. You can turn it into pretty much whatever you want so that it fits your bill perfectly and it'll deliver it in a way no other can. Below are but a few pics of just some of our adventures - let's see some of yours too!

P.S. Thanks Heinz
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181117_143252.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	726.7 KB 
ID:	633004   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180809_155855(0).jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	411.5 KB 
ID:	633006   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20151215_17_25_20_Pro.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	909.8 KB 
ID:	633008   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20160618_08_07_42_Rich.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	324.2 KB 
ID:	633009   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20160618_12_03_28_Rich.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	567.4 KB 
ID:	633010   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20170428_16_05_02_Rich.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	216.7 KB 
ID:	633011   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20170319_08_45_41_Pro.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	488.7 KB 
ID:	633012   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20161005_16_27_49_Pro.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	490.0 KB 
ID:	633013  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20161220_18_19_21_Pro.jpg 
Size:	395.2 KB 
ID:	633014   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201126_183839.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	268.0 KB 
ID:	633017   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201126_183930.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	342.7 KB 
ID:	633018   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210702_122135.jpg 
Size:	377.2 KB 
ID:	633019   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210703_071359.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	338.9 KB 
ID:	633020   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210707_145808.jpg 
Size:	287.9 KB 
ID:	633021   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210709_130538.jpg 
Size:	444.1 KB 
ID:	633022   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20161216_17_39_59_Pro.jpg 
Size:	392.0 KB 
ID:	633023  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20151126_16_27_15_Pro.jpg 
Size:	667.8 KB 
ID:	633024   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180809_155836.jpg 
Size:	480.6 KB 
ID:	633025   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20160808_09_23_14_Rich.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	381.5 KB 
ID:	633026  
    Gary

Proud Owner: Metalian Maxi with loads of "making it mine"

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bateleur For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bateleur View Post
    I think I need to officially give a shout out to Heinz!

Not only has he created one seriously sexy piece of metal in the Metalian Maxi but a platform for adventure and exploration that in my opinion is 2nd to none. "Pound for pound", there is no equal. I have been thinking back on the times that my family and I have been fortunate enough to embark on journeys that would not have been possible were it not for my Metalian Maxi. Across central Mozambique to the azure waters off Pomene. From Crooks Corner to the south western cape, from Baviaans kloof to Calvinia and beyond. Moremi, Chobe, Makgadigadi pans and many, many more. We have criss-crossed this beautiful country and its neighbours many times over. Whether it be just an over night stop or a remote stay of up to 10 days where 100% self sufficiency (i.e water, power, etc) is required, the Maxi took it in it's stride. Never once did I hesitate nor doubt it's capabilities.
    Be it on the rutted roads of Botswana, the deep sands of Savuti and Mozambique, the mud of the Makgadigadi Pans (or central Mozambique for that matter) or at 120km/h (and sometimes plus - ok, a lot of times) on South African tarred roads, it was of no concern - in fact, you sometimes "forgot" she was there. If you look after her (yes, my Maxi is a she"), she'll look after you!

Why am I reminiscing you ask? My family has grown up and as a result, so too are our requirements. SWAMBO and I have been discussing the possibility moving to an offroad caravan in the not too distant future and, whilst not a done deal yet, is certainly looking like a possibility. I've always been flat against caravans perse - big, bulky and heavy, everything my Metalian is not. Today though, the "climb in and sleep" or even the ability to have a quick shower inside after having packed up are probably the only two things my Maxi cannot do - by design though! Priorities however change and it seems, so are ours. All I know is, when that day comes, it'll break my heart.

So, with that in mind, I thought I'd just rekindle this thread and remind those following what a superb platform Heinz has delivered. You can turn it into pretty much whatever you want so that it fits your bill perfectly and it'll deliver it in a way no other can. Below are but a few pics of just some of our adventures - let's see some of yours too!

P.S. Thanks Heinz
    Wow, I almost feel embarrassed reading this. Immense thanks for your kind appreciation of our build.

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Modricky View Post
    Wow, I almost feel embarrassed reading this. Immense thanks for your kind appreciation of our build.
    LOL Sorry Heinz, not my intention - just a genuine shout out to you and your team for the awesome product and work you guys deliver.

Also a not so subtle nudge to the rest of this community to show us some pics of their Metalians out in the wild where they belong. Seems to me all the Metalians must always be out in the bushes with no signal or opportunity to post the requisite proof thereof! nudge-nudge, wink-wink.
    Gary

We just returned from 7 days in Kruger with our metalian. 35 days camping for the year so far. Showed it to some other interested camper. They looked at the kitchen area and then at the packing spaces in the room side commenting on the great layout and the abundance of space. Then I opened the rear door and they were amazed.
    Mine is now 7 years old with just over 50000km on and it still looks like new. Love it.
    Choose life

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coenoes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Coenoes View Post
    We just returned from 7 days in Kruger with our metalian. 35 days camping for the year so far. Showed it to some other interested camper. They looked at the kitchen area and then at the packing spaces in the room side commenting on the great layout and the abundance of space. Then I opened the rear door and they were amazed.
    Mine is now 7 years old with just over 50000km on and it still looks like new. Love it.
    And THAT is exactly what I mean!

7 days in Kruger -> super jealous! I have no doubt it was awesome. Was meant to be doing the Lebombo trail right now (starting today actually) but was unable to make it due to other pressures so my friends went without me... *sob*.
    Gary