Metalian Maxi super thread - Page 152

Page 152 of 152 FirstFirst ... 52 102 127 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152
Results 3,021 to 3,025 of 3025

Default Re: Metalian Maxi super thread

Quote Originally Posted by warrenpfo View Post
    Quick question. If i am looking at a second hand maxi are there big changes each year i need to know about and if so which is the best year onwards to look for.

Thanks
    The trailer can be grouped into runs of units, 10 series and 20 series all had a very deep panelled front door that was great but limited the fridge extension. Most 10 series trailers were upgraded to 20 series over the years - The 10 series had 3 doors on the kitch side and two were modified into one by removing the centre post between the two doors, and fitting a new larger door. There were only 20 of these trailers built.

The 30 series has the current fridge door design and flat door rebate all around. There are only 10 of these in the market

The 40 series has the angled door rebate on the hinge side and all trailer till now have this. The door posts were narrowed and the door sizes increased in width.

Over the years some smaller detail has changed and morphed into what I guess we'd call the 50 series, but there is no clear engineering change date when these smaller changes occurred. I'd guess the points to look out for that may have a practical difference for you is the stepped rebates between the two side cupboards at the top. When Poly solar panels became more popular than Mono panels, the size of the panels required a wider fitment area. This served well for the dropdown table as well.

The underside of the cupboards also had a 30 mm rebate included, in order to allow batteries to slide in under the cupboards. Some nosecone changes, lighting, trunking, etc... also occurred but have less of an affect.

Some trailers are available with eye slipper and others with double eye, and the axle ratings can change from 1600kg to 2500kg.

If ever you have a buy on a trailer, you're always welcome to run this past me. I try to be as fair as I can to the existing owner and also to the buyer who I invariably take on as a client as if he purchase this from me as new. What burns my butt, (and fortunately there are only a few of them) are earlier owners that bought base trailers, and gave me untold grief to work in favours or had unnecessary complaints, threats with social media public interest nonsense or promises of superlative promotion in exchange for a better deal, and then oversell the trailer to the next buyer. Or added in their own drawers, electrics, etc which are not our standard and use the Metalian pricelist to justify the asking price.

Always be wary of the super good deals, I regularly see sacm adverts for Metalians and shut these down as soon as I can. In this regard, Gumtree are very quick in taking them down, and it appears as if the brand is being less targeted than before.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Heinz Modricky For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep dream View Post
    I bought a pre-owned Maxi with Toyota FJ 17Ē inch rims and 265/65/17 BF Goodrich AT tyres. My car (2013 Ford Everest) has 245/75/16 BF Goodrich KO2. Iíd like to match the Maxiís rim and tyre size to the Ford without incurring too much cost. Tyres donít have to be BFG KO2 (which are approx R1 trillion each) and rims donít have to be alloys.

Any suggestions?
    You need to check the rim offsets t know if the tyre will sit deeper into the wheelarch or not. Then obviously match the stud number and pattern. If these don't match, you can just swap the hubs. If the offsets give you problems, this means a new length axle. I can change the length for you in Cape Town, but don't do this work remotely - the risk in receiving incorrect dimensioning is just too high (no matter how simple you think this will be.)

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Modricky View Post
    You need to check the rim offsets t know if the tyre will sit deeper into the wheelarch or not. Then obviously match the stud number and pattern. If these don't match, you can just swap the hubs. If the offsets give you problems, this means a new length axle. I can change the length for you in Cape Town, but don't do this work remotely - the risk in receiving incorrect dimensioning is just too high (no matter how simple you think this will be.)
    Thanks Heinz. Appreciate your feedback and advice.
    Pete

Living the dream baby, living the dream......

2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 3.8
    1999 Jeep Cherokee Country 4.0 - SOLD

So i decided to fit a new used tent onto my maxi.

Sold my Howling moon model 2010 and bought a HM XT Deluxe with the king size bed.

Cant wait to test it at sodwana in March

Who els has the XT deluxe?

Cheers

I am currently considering to join the Metalian brigade with a second hand Maxi.
    What is a reasonable price for a 2015 model with almost every factory extra. ?
    Any one have a Campmaster tent on his/her Maxi?
    I wish to know the dimensions and a general view on the tent?
    How difficult is it to fit a 270 awning. Unfortunately the Metalian one is to pricy for me. ( have a 270)