Gearmax diff

Thread: Gearmax diff

Cool Gearmax diff

Does anyone know what the spade terminal on the diff is for. Mine works with air and is not electric. On the Fords Mazdas and Nissans all seem to have the same thing.
    ORA
    -------------------------
    Ian

Default gereamax diff

as ek nou lieg issit oor anner ou vir my gelieg het ... Riaan het laat weet daai is om die stroom te voltooi wat die liggie op jou paneelbord laat brand wat aandui dat jou ewenaarslot aktiveer is .

If I now for you lie isit over other oke for my lied have/has/had ... Riaan has late know tha'r is around the stream to complete what the lightlett on your dash bord lat burn what on show that your diff lock is activated ..

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Kagiso View Post
    as ek nou lieg issit oor anner ou vir my gelieg het ... Riaan het laat weet daai is om die stroom te voltooi wat die liggie op jou paneelbord laat brand wat aandui dat jou ewenaarslot aktiveer is .

If I now for you lie isit over other oke for my lied have/has/had ... Riaan has late know tha'r is around the stream to complete what the lightlett on your dash bord lat burn what on show that your diff lock is activated ..
    My light comes on even though there is no wire on the terminal. You must stick to afrikaans as your engels is n biekie deermekaar ne
    ORA
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by OFFROAD ADDICT View Post
    My light comes on even though there is no wire on the terminal. You must stick to afrikaans as your engels is n biekie deermekaar ne
    There are two wires in the Gearmax circuit. One from the vacuum operated switch in the engine compartment that indicates that you have activated the difflock. The second is from the diff itself that comes on to show that the locker has actually engaged. Depending of manifold vacuum and differentiating action in the diff, the difflock does not allways engage immediately upon activating the switch.
    I am not a complete idiot - there are still some parts missing
    Please don't send me a PM without direct contact details
    97 SVM 3000
    86 HiLux D/C

FRANS i thought once the difflock indicator light is on that the difflock is engaged. Mine works like that. The gearmax people say they dont know what the terminal is for. Its just made like that , unless there is an electrical connection inside the locker.?
    ORA
    Ian

I suppose the various manufacturers have different ways of wiring the indicator lights. On our SVM, with a M75 diff, there are two lights, one to indicate that you have acticated the difflock, and one that indicates once the difflock has engaged. That is the connection on the diff cover. I seem to remember that it goes to ground.
    I am not a complete idiot - there are still some parts missing
    Please don't send me a PM without direct contact details
    97 SVM 3000
    86 HiLux D/C