ML 320 CDi acceleration problems

Default ML 320 CDi acceleration problems

Hi there, i have a problem with my 2008 320 CDI with 104 000kms on the clock. Perhaps someone can help

On friday evening 2 weeks ago, the ML was used during the day and after about 2 hours I used used teh car to the local shopping centre, After taking off from my entrance onto a hill, the car suddenly starts to lose accelartion and then gain it again until it goes into limp mode, no warning lights come o. After swithing all is reset and back to normal with no further acceleration problems.

I ignored the problem as a once off but exactly a week later, after the same sequence of events as above and the same hill, the problem happened again and reverted to normal.

Any ideas on what the problem could be. I have booked it in at MB but the earliest date is 26 Nov.

Does it sound like the gearbox is "slipping" or does it feel like someone cut the fuel off ?
    Jeep, there is only one.

More like a fuel supply issue

Howzit Buddy, I had an issue with the c class the other day. I suggest you tell them to just do a diagnosis.... I took mine in unplanned on Monday .... Took 5 minutes to diagnose the fault. I am pretty certain the fault with be stored. The problem I had was different but also reset when the car was switched off an restarted. They usually have to order parts and you will have to take back to try and convince the dealer to squeeze your car in during the afternoon...good luck...

Kev, good to see you on this forum

Umhlanga MB is very busy, read on some overseas sites thatit coudl be anything from dirty filters to turbo problems, only happened twice and hopefully the error is not erased by the time it gets there...

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    Kev, good to see you on this forum

Umhlanga MB is very busy, read on some overseas sites thatit coudl be anything from dirty filters to turbo problems, only happened twice and hopefully the error is not erased by the time it gets there...
    My money would be on a dirty fuel filter. For some reason this is not always a service item and thus never gets replaced (Before the Toyboys chirp me, Toyota doesn't replace them either, ask me how I know)

My vehicle got serviced by MB in Port Shepstone and they were very professional, it may be worth the drive to go there.