National Luna Danfoss controller





Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    nelspruit
    Age
    62
    Posts
    621
    Thanked: 53

    Default National Luna Danfoss controller

    Is it common for the electronic controller to fail. I must admit, mother thought the proper way to switch it off, is to unplug the plug from the fridge. Blows the 220v circuit. Cost of controller R3200.00. Very paifull. National luna do not repair them. Anybody do this?
    Last edited by bertus; 2013/10/23 at 08:06 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bellville
    Age
    51
    Posts
    12,922
    Thanked: 1773

    Default

    unplugging it really should not blow the controller .... these units are RUGGED.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Walker Bay
    Age
    76
    Posts
    9,062
    Thanked: 1017

    Default

    Bertus - Thanks for the warning! This sounds expensive!

    ďAfrica changes you forever, like nowhere on earth. Once you have been there, you will never be the same." - Ernest Hemingway

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sandton
    Age
    59
    Posts
    256
    Thanked: 14

    Default

    The Danfoss is very rugged, heres the wiring diagram for pure DC and no electronics

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sandton
    Age
    59
    Posts
    256
    Thanked: 14

    Default Danfoss wiring diagram

    Hope this helps, mine is hardwired.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    nelspruit
    Age
    62
    Posts
    621
    Thanked: 53

    Default

    read this
    Attached Files Attached Files

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Edenvale
    Age
    54
    Posts
    736
    Thanked: 2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bertus View Post
    Is it common for the electronic controller to fail. I must admit, mother thought the proper way to switch it off, is to unplug the plug from the fridge. Blows the 220v circuit. Cost of controller R3200.00. Very paifull. National luna do not repair them. Anybody do this?
    I agree with Chris, should not be a problem. Give me the details and I will quiz them.
    Last edited by Columbus; 2013/10/24 at 07:31 PM.
    Bryan
    Disco 4 SDV6 S (me)
    Jeep Cherokee CRD (swambo)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    edenvale
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,432
    Thanked: 211

    Default

    is there maybe a fuse or diode soldered onto the board thats blown
    5 minutes with soldering iron maybe all thats needed

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to 3bar For This Useful Post:


  10. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Klerksdorp
    Age
    54
    Posts
    144
    Thanked: 66

    Default Re: National Luna Danfoss controller

    Quote Originally Posted by Columbus View Post
    I agree with Chris, should not be a problem. Give me the details and I will quiz them.
    Hi i only check this tread now, i also got a problem with my National Luna Double door 90L fridge freezer, hope sone one can help.
    The compressor runs on 12 & 220v but it doesnot make cold it did the same when we were in Hartenbos but was running again after i unplug 12&220 then fine
    But when i want to start it at home again same problem

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Klerksdorp
    Age
    54
    Posts
    144
    Thanked: 66

    Default Re: National Luna Danfoss controller

    Quote Originally Posted by OLi4 Chris View Post
    Hi i only check this tread now, i also got a problem with my National Luna Double door 90L fridge freezer, hope sone one can help.
    The compressor runs on 12 & 220v but it doesnot make cold it did the same when we were in Hartenbos but was running again after i unplug 12&220 then fine
    But when i want to start it at home again same problem
    There are also no fualt id visable
    National luna said i must bring it in they will test & run for a week but it is not eazy for us to farr to take to them Nwest kldorp

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Klerksdorp
    Age
    54
    Posts
    144
    Thanked: 66

    Default Re: National Luna Danfoss controller

    Quote Originally Posted by OLi4 Chris View Post
    There are also no fualt id visable
    National luna said i must bring it in they will test & run for a week but it is not eazy for us to farr to take to them Nwest kldorp
    What i can remember is when i want to set both the temp on freeze or more than -1C this problem starts when inreset all back to normal then it does not making cold

  13. #12
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Roodepoort
    Age
    64
    Posts
    148
    Thanked: 36

    Default Re: National Luna Danfoss controller

    Hi Guys,

    Not often that they fail but fail they certainly do if it is a BD35F compressor. Mine also failed on a Minus 40 and the price is eye watering.

    That is a very small but highly complex controller much like a mini VSD with a soft start, speed controller and overload and thermal protection. If it fails in the bush it will ruin your holiday for sure. I have a spare that I carry now when we go away. Replacement is very easy.

    There is no fix because it is cast in resin with no fuses and is pay and replace if the unit is out of warranty and only available from Danfoss.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Frontierfan For This Useful Post:


  15. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    nelspruit
    Age
    62
    Posts
    621
    Thanked: 53

    Default Re: National Luna Danfoss controller

    Try only one power source at a time. The 220v has the highest priority when plugged together. Run on 220 only see what happens then 12v alone and see. hen we can take it from there.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to bertus For This Useful Post:


  17. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    nelspruit
    Age
    62
    Posts
    621
    Thanked: 53

    Default Re: National Luna Danfoss controller

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontierfan View Post
    Hi Guys,

    Not often that they fail but fail they certainly do if it is a BD35F compressor. Mine also failed on a Minus 40 and the price is eye watering.

    That is a very small but highly complex controller much like a mini VSD with a soft start, speed controller and overload and thermal protection. If it fails in the bush it will ruin your holiday for sure. I have a spare that I carry now when we go away. Replacement is very easy.

    There is no fix because it is cast in resin with no fuses and is pay and replace if the unit is out of warranty and only available from Danfoss.
    I know the pain. Do the same. But look at the plans you can get it working when s... strikes.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to bertus For This Useful Post:


  19. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Klerksdorp
    Age
    54
    Posts
    144
    Thanked: 66

    Default Re: National Luna Danfoss controller

    Thankyou i will check & try again

  20. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Roodeplaat
    Age
    43
    Posts
    667
    Thanked: 40

    Default Re: National Luna Danfoss controller

    The Danfoss controller is very expensive,i normally replace the whole compressor unit,new compressor comes with a new controller for around R1700,controller on its own R3500

    Or just buy the compressor and use the controller only and keep compressor as a spare
    I repair these fridges all the time,and sometimes its only a small problem

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Werner Brits For This Useful Post:


  22. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    nelspruit
    Age
    62
    Posts
    621
    Thanked: 53

    Default Re: National Luna Danfoss controller

    Little bit late to hear this. Always wonder where to find it. Where do you buy it? Do you get a lot of blown controllers? One can always use this compressor to build your own 12v fridge cheaper than to buy one. Thanks

  23. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Roodeplaat
    Age
    43
    Posts
    667
    Thanked: 40

    Default Re: National Luna Danfoss controller

    TECSA RECO Pretoria

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Werner Brits For This Useful Post:


  25. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Klerksdorp
    Age
    54
    Posts
    144
    Thanked: 66

    Default National Luna Danfoss controller

    Quote Originally Posted by Werner Brits View Post
    TECSA RECO Pretoria
    Thanks Werner & Bertus
    Last edited by OLi4 Chris; 2018/03/30 at 08:45 PM.

  26. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Klerksdorp
    Age
    54
    Posts
    144
    Thanked: 66

    Default Re: National Luna Danfoss controller

    Quote Originally Posted by Werner Brits View Post
    The Danfoss controller is very expensive,i normally replace the whole compressor unit,new compressor comes with a new controller for around R1700,controller on its own R3500

    Or just buy the compressor and use the controller only and keep compressor as a spare
    I repair these fridges all the time,and sometimes its only a small problem
    Hi Bertus
    Do you have a picture of the controler ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. CTEK and National Luna controller
    By TopHilux Hilton in forum Camping, Fridges, Accessories
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2013/11/03, 10:25 AM
  2. Overland Journal Portable 12V Fridge Review
    By ChrisH in forum Camping, Fridges, Accessories
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 2011/11/30, 11:26 AM
  3. National Luna Weekender to swop for 80L dual National Luna
    By Kooskop in forum Camping, Fridges, Accessories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2010/09/27, 01:13 PM
  4. National Luna Intelligent solenoid & controller
    By janfloris in forum Camping, Fridges, Accessories
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2010/07/27, 07:16 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •