Trailblazer tow bar

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Trailblazer tow bar

I am on the verge of buying my Trailblazer.
    Does any body know if you can fit a tow bar from a non GM dealership without a problem with the reverse sensor or warranty.

LynxBug Guest

Not that I know of but GM Alberante sent one of our clients to us for a bash plate and rock sliders... Maybe you can just ask your dealership?

Hi Tjola
    This is largely going to depend on your dealer. I actually bought mine from the dealer and installed it myself. Their original tow bar is manufactured by Thule. You should be able to buy it from places like Speedy and Hi Q by now.
    Real engines use spark plugs

2012 Trailblazer 3.6 V6
    2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 HEMI

Philip

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Vcollerp For This Useful Post:

I installed a Thule through the dealership but they messed something up as initially the reverse sensors did not deactivate when towing. Had to take it back for them to fix it. Works fine now, very nice feature of the TB

I negotiated with my GM dealership to give me a good price on the tow bar as part of the sale. I think they are pretty desperate to make a sale that you could negotiate a similar deal. The tow bar, including installation, cost R5000.00.

@RSS - I fitted a towbar through the dealer when I bought the car but the park sensors don't disengage. Dealer tells me they can't be disabled. How does yours work when you hitch on the towbar - is it automatically done? I'd like details so I can go kick the dealer's @ss.
    2013 Chev Trailblazer 2.8 LTZ
    2005 Fiat Panda 1.2 (die blou boksie)
    2009 Kawasaki Versys 650

My tb turns off

Also want to fit a towbar now. Is there any other options besides the Thule?
    Toyota

Default Wiring harness available seperately

Whilst pricing cars between the different dealerships I got a quote from the one for a tow bar, harness and fitment.

So yes the harness is available separately. I seem to remember the harness being around R1700.

The joke is these fitment guys would rather pull your whole car apart cut into a few wires here, plug into your lights there and then route the whole mess back rather then just buying a plug and play harness and being done in 5 minutes. Gives you an idea of what these monkeys earn too.

I asked a GM dealer for a quote for a towbar with harness fitted. The towbar plus harness came to R4083(exl.) but the labour they quoted me on is R2600 (exl.)!!!!!!! Total of R6683(exl.)

4 hours @ R650/h!!!! I understand the harness is plug and play, how can the fitment then take 4 hours?
    Toyota

My tow bar,a disaster. Dealership in Jhb fitted an aftermarket tb after assuring me it would be fine. Had issues with the PDC and had to take it in locally. After almost two weeks without my vehicle ,trial and error ,was told that I had to fit the oem tb in order for them to get the vehicle right. After 3 days at the local dealership fitting the oem tb the PDC still does not cancel when hooked to trailer. Now being told that the vehicle does not have this feature. I mean really..where does GM find these people?

Quote Originally Posted by QE2 View Post
    My tow bar,a disaster. Dealership in Jhb fitted an aftermarket tb after assuring me it would be fine. Had issues with the PDC and had to take it in locally. After almost two weeks without my vehicle ,trial and error ,was told that I had to fit the oem tb in order for them to get the vehicle right. After 3 days at the local dealership fitting the oem tb the PDC still does not cancel when hooked to trailer. Now being told that the vehicle does not have this feature. I mean really..where does GM find these people?
    the dealership is wrong. i got an OEM towbar fitted when i bought the blazer. reverse sensor and camera. it does not make any noises when in reverse with a trailer. PM me will let you know where i got my blazer. dont know if a can mention it here.
    Last edited by afzal; 2015/04/08 at 02:08 PM.

Got my TB with a tow bar fitted. It was a demo from Zambezi GM, so I guess they fitted it.

There was a tow bar recall a few years back, too weak or something like that, but sorted now.

When my trailer is hitched and I go into reverse, the initial beep comes on and then on the display it says something like rear assist park(?) is disabled, then after that quiet everytime.

After un-hitching the first time reversing also has to "recognise" that the trailer is gone but then back to normal.
    Last edited by Festi1; 2015/04/12 at 05:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Platjan View Post
    I asked a GM dealer for a quote for a towbar with harness fitted. The towbar plus harness came to R4083(exl.) but the labour they quoted me on is R2600 (exl.)!!!!!!! Total of R6683(exl.)

4 hours @ R650/h!!!! I understand the harness is plug and play, how can the fitment then take 4 hours?
    Hi Janus

Het hierdie een gemis. Dit is 'n redelike groot werk ek het myne self gedoen. Die derde ry sitplekke en albei covers agter links en regs moet uitgehaal word. die agter ligte moet ook uitgehaal word. Die bedrading is maklik alles moet net ingeprop word en een draad wat op die aansteker prop agter bedraad moet word.

Doen dit self sal you ook 4 ure neem.

Plaasboere het mos baie tyd.
    Last edited by Vcollerp; 2015/04/12 at 11:03 AM.
    Real engines use spark plugs

2012 Trailblazer 3.6 V6
    2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 HEMI

Philip

Hi Afzal , Festi,

I mentioned the responses from the forum as late as last Thursday and these guys are adamant that this feature does not exist on the trailblazer. Please can you forward some contact details of the dealerships where you had yours done so I can shove it in their faces.
    Thanks for the responses ,much appreciated.

Go to your dealer with your laptop or tablet and show them these responses. Then ask them if they are totally useless or dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Vcollerp View Post
    Hi Janus

Het hierdie een gemis. Dit is 'n redelike groot werk ek het myne self gedoen. Die derde ry sitplekke en albei covers agter links en regs moet uitgehaal word. die agter ligte moet ook uitgehaal word. Die bedrading is maklik alles moet net ingeprop word en een draad wat op die aansteker prop agter bedraad moet word.

Doen dit self sal you ook 4 ure neem.

Plaasboere het mos baie tyd.
    Phillip, het partykeer baie tyd, maar hou nie van sukkel nie!

Ek het besluit om eerder by Supaquick op Nylstroom te laat installeer, hulle het my R5300 gevra, installasie ingesluit. Ek is bly ek het dit gedoen, want hulle het ook lekker gesukkel met die harnas en die "park-distance-control".
    Dit is ook die Thule towbar.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1050740.JPG 
Views:	734 
Size:	126.6 KB 
ID:	343208   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1050741.JPG 
Views:	731 
Size:	356.6 KB 
ID:	343209  
    Toyota

Platjan, what year model is your trailblazer if I may ask. Does it have the mylink infotainment system.

Platjan, what year model is your trailblazer if I may ask. Does it have the mylink infotainment system.
    Bought mine the month after they came out, December 2012. It doesn't have the infotainment system, just a normal radio.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Toyota

Hi Afzal , Festi,

I mentioned the responses from the forum as late as last Thursday and these guys are adamant that this feature does not exist on the trailblazer. Please can you forward some contact details of the dealerships where you had yours done so I can shove it in their faces.
    Thanks for the responses ,much appreciated.
    GM Cresta, in JHB.
    The next time i hook up the TB, will take a video and send it to you. (should be this weekend if it does not rain)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast