Wildcard & KZN Wildlife

Default Wildcard & KZN Wildlife

Wildcard for visit to KZN Wildlife Parks.
    On a visit to Hluhluwe on Friday they required proof of the expiry date of the card; there is no expiry date on my card.
    Fortunately I had the letter of receipt of payment on my lap-top that shows the expiry date and they accepted this when I showed it to them.

Two other visitors could not produce the required document and their Wildcards was not accepted, they had to pay in cash.

One very angry lady spoke to the park Manager but this did not help.

She later informed me that she was told that KZN Wildlife was thinking about withdrawing from the Wildcard scheme.

This would be a serious setback to regular visitors to KZN Parks!

Hluhluwe Imfolosi is being run really badly, the machines were probably offline again, hence them asking for proof - unable to check online. Lots of people who visit often have complained but it falls on deaf ears.

Thanks for the heads up, going up next month, will be sure to print the payment receipt

2012 Fortuner D4D 4x4 (It's a bakkie-based, cheap 'n nasty, cut-price, built-to-cost vehicle for the third world intentionally positioned in the market for those who cannot afford a Prado (Toyota's proper SUV))

The thing about cars is that first you buy it because you like it and then (unless you got the lemon) you like it because you bought it. - Hermanator

I think its only a matter of time before KZN Wildlife stop accepting Wildcards. Isimangoliso parks have already stopped accepting them so from St. Lucia to Kosi Bay you need a Rhino Card or pay and this includes Mkuze.

Fortunately we had our confirmation receipt for my Wildcard renewal when we went through Hluhluwe so I could give them the PMT receipt number.
    2018 Ford Everest 3.2 Limited

I have been a Rhino card holder for KZN parks for longer than I like to recall. This year was the first time there were hassles with that card as well. Only received my April renewal in September
    Steve
    Jetta 2.0 TDI 2012
    Pajero 3.2 SWB 2009
    Jurgens Xcape
    Discovery II TD5 2004 (Sold)