Replacement bumper advice

Default Replacement bumper advice

I am a little confused. I bought a ARB replacement bumper from L A Sport or so I thought a couple of months ago. Yesterday I went to brakah 4x4 to get a replacement bumper for my Pajero as I want to fit a winch to it. Didnt want anything expensive so they quoted me R6700.00 for a nudge-m (not sure how you spell it) They showed me one and it looks exactly like the one I have one my Landy. I also paid R6500.00 for the one on my landy so I dont think I have a ARB but a Nudge-M. Looking at the attached picture could anyone tell me if Im correct or not.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

It looks the same as mine, so I would guess it is a Nudge-M
    99 TD5 DiscoII
    Conqueror Commander

Seems to me that you've been taken for a ride.

The genuine ARB bar looks like this.

You may find that only Megaworld sell ARB and that the others sell copies as ARB...

Check your invoice, I doubt it would say ARB, however if it does I would insist on replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by LandJero View Post
    I am a little confused. I bought a ARB replacement bumper from L A Sport or so I thought a couple of months ago. Yesterday I went to brakah 4x4 to get a replacement bumper for my Pajero as I want to fit a winch to it. Didnt want anything expensive so they quoted me R6700.00 for a nudge-m (not sure how you spell it) They showed me one and it looks exactly like the one I have one my Landy. I also paid R6500.00 for the one on my landy so I dont think I have a ARB but a Nudge-M. Looking at the attached picture could anyone tell me if Im correct or not.

Nope I checked the invoice and it only says "replacement bumper" and I guess if you look at what I paid it isnt a ARB. But I am satisfied with the one I have on although it doesnt look as Rof en Onbeskof as the ARB.
    Thanks

Don't worry.. In terms of practicality you might have received a better part. (my view)
    Disclaimer - All my posts on this forum is without prejudice, is based on my fair assumptions or perceptions, is in no way intended to cause harm to anyone and is acted upon at your own discretion.

Thanks George
    Mine prooved itself when I got stuck in the Olifants river. The only place we could get a recovery point was to hook the winch on the underside of the nudge-m because my recovery point was deep into the mud. After pulling me out you couldnt even see a mark. And I thought it is going to pull the bumbper out of proportion but it was the only way.
    Johan

Hi Jero
    Die prys wat jy betaal het,was dit vir 2de handse 1 of nuut.
    Rooster 2

That would have been new for around R6k. I see you're around Cpt - if you're looking for one go look at Burnco. Hein makes the toughest and neatest bumpers around which have been properly tried and tested.
    Disclaimer - All my posts on this forum is without prejudice, is based on my fair assumptions or perceptions, is in no way intended to cause harm to anyone and is acted upon at your own discretion.

Thats a Nudge M that you have purchased.

I have just been quoted R11 k for an ARB for a Disco 1.

Nudge-m have quoted about 6 K for everything including the spot lights.
    BruceT
    ZS6EBT

Defender 130 Puma

Yes it is a Nudge-M. Im just glad I didnt pay for a ARB and later found that it is a Nudge-M. But at least for a few months I thought I got one moer of a bargain.
    Thanks All

LandJero, it is just the same as LA sport selling their LA sport pro winch which is just a Come-up winch with the stickers taken of. You get Come-ups for a lot cheaper at some other suppliers and it is a great winch to buy. It is very reliable. And then there is the LA sport compressor that I can buy for R465 in Hoedspruit and they sell the same thing for R800 or in that region. Go figure!! Henk
    HENK