Page 163 of 164 FirstFirst ... 63 113 138 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,260 of 3272

Thread: Renault Duster

Default Re: Renault Duster

Any advice on packing/securing a second battery and fridge in the 2019 4x4?
    Ive moved the spare to the roof rack so having access to that wont be a problem, just wondering what others have found to work before I start ripping up the back.

First post - welcome to the forum

If you can package the fridge and second battery in the spare wheel well, let me know.

The latest vehicles have a different primary battery and alternator setup. The alternator charges the battery initially after starting then drops down to reduce the fan belt load, reducing friction and supposedly, improving fuel economy.

What I'm trying to say is that you may find that your vehicle doesn't charge your secondary battery as you had hoped.

However, if you get the packaging right, this should work in my vehicle.
    Renault Duster 4WD Gen1: No Meow, GC = 254mm, WD = 820mm

Thanks @Butch_Dassie

The Idea at the moment would be to reinforce and better secure the current shelf for the fridge/battery and use the wheel well for additional storage but would appreciate any advice on what you have learnt packing your vehicle.

As far as the different alternator setup is concerned would a DC/DC charger setup help with this? The longest we would be planning away from power would be 4days so just want a back up batt to run the fridge while not driving. I had had the fridge for years but am looking for solutions to pack and power it in the new car.

Cheers

Pleasure

RE: "would appreciate any advice on what you have learnt packing your vehicle"
    I pack more tightly now, but seriously, we travel lighter now.

I've seen people talking about DC/DC charging, but you will need to test this. I don't know what signals the alternator to just trickle charge whether it is ECU or the regulator. Apparently the draw down (second battery) doesn't trigger it to charge more.

Hi,

Hope all re doing mostly OK at the moment.

I own a 2019, 1.5dci, 4x4 Duster.

I would like to know which dealerships you guys would recommend for regular servicing of the vehicle?
    I'm looking for a different dealer or service center in the East Rand area because my experience at he current one is less than satisfactory.

Any advice would much appreciated, please.

Regards,

Many complain about dealerships for our vehicle and Renault SA hasn't helped.

The Competition Commissionís newly planned automotive code of conduct for South Africa has done away with embedded motor plans meaning that you no longer have to use them exclusively. Find a reputable independent in your area and ask them if they have qualified to sell OEM parts. There might be some other certification qualifications that are unknown to me, but I really try to avoid our dealerships as they have failed to impress.

Some advise needed.
    Duster 2018 1.5dci auto got in the car and suddenly struggled to start. Thought hmm battery.
    Drove to school to pickup the kids. Tried to start and it clicks as if one would expect Solinoid. But the P or N whatever runs like little screens on the display.

Thinking about it engine light was on the first time this happened. Got someone to help with jump starting and still struggled. Left it a little while on jumpers and started fine.

Then went to battery shop tested battery still totally in spec with full voltage and very little battery deterioration from spec.

Started there and absolutely fine again.
    Got home tested alternator charging which is a 14.2 and pretty stable.

Stuck my Ctek charger on it now for a recondition charge.

However I do not believe it is battery related.

Anyone had a similar experience and a horror story the would like to share.

I have a 2015 (new model [not India]) Diesel 4x4.
    About late 2020 it was the same, even tho C-tek was brought out.
    Replaced the battery with recommended one and so-far have had no further issues (use it as my daily drive).

Ecch! Does anyone know how to remove a double-posting?
    Last edited by Mick; 2021/07/28 at 02:37 PM.
    Life starts
    where the comfort-zone ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    I have a 2015 (new model [not India]) Diesel 4x4.
    About late 2020 it was the same, even tho C-tek was brought out.
    Replaced the battery with recommended one and so-far have had no further issues (use it as my daily drive).

Ecch! Does anyone know how to remove a double-posting?
    Renault SA under-specs the battery (below OEM's recommendation). I went over-spec when I replaced mine.

For double posts, click the warning triangle "!" in the bottom left of the post to get the admin's attention to the post. Just state "double post".

Quote Originally Posted by MickPrado View Post
    Some advise needed.
    Duster 2018 1.5dci auto got in the car and suddenly struggled to start. Thought hmm battery.
    Drove to school to pickup the kids. Tried to start and it clicks as if one would expect Solinoid. But the P or N whatever runs like little screens on the display.

Thinking about it engine light was on the first time this happened. Got someone to help with jump starting and still struggled. Left it a little while on jumpers and started fine.

Then went to battery shop tested battery still totally in spec with full voltage and very little battery deterioration from spec.

The clicking is often the case when there is insufficient cranking power to hold the starter against the flywheel's ring gear. So, the starter motor spins freely with no resistance, then slides down the pinion to the ring gear, but doesn't have sufficient power to turn the flywheel. The spring pulls it back and the process repeats. This back and forth is the clicking sound that you are hearing.

With low battery "power", you get all sorts of funnies, including weird dash lights telling you the wrong thing is the problem.

The later models have a different charging system. Check that yours stays on 14.2V charging as these typically just recharge the battery after a start then drop away to lower the friction resistance "improving fuel economy".

You need to test the battery against a load, which the battery shop should be able to perform. You need sustained voltage via amperage. Also, its a low battery spec - below OEM's recommendation.

See if the battery shop has a temporary loaner battery to prove the above. Other reports of similar issues have been related to the battery.

I need to get the rear shock replaced in my 2019 Duster, after only 40k kms. Renault say it's out of their one year warranty period for shocks.

They quoted me R4100 for rear shocks inc fitment. I don't trust the OEM parts. I've seen Monroe shocks being recommended on this forum, although some people had alignment issues.
    Is Monroe the best bet or can I look at Bilstein/KYB?

Quote Originally Posted by Rammies View Post
    I need to get the rear shock replaced in my 2019 Duster, after only 40k kms. Renault say it's out of their one year warranty period for shocks.

They quoted me R4100 for rear shocks inc fitment. I don't trust the OEM parts. I've seen Monroe shocks being recommended on this forum, although some people had alignment issues.
    Is Monroe the best bet or can I look at Bilstein/KYB?
    Our OEM shocks are KYB. So, I wouldn't go there even if Renault just gave them an under spec. 30k to 50k is about normal wear on these.

I also wouldn't go with Ironman for the same quality reasons.

To me, Monroe are an improvement and cost effective, but not premium.

If you go Bilstein, you can look at the raised height Mudster spec.

Camber adjustment kits are available from H&R, Dobinson, Ironman and EU Spares.

I might know of someone that has new Koni shocks. If you are interested, PM me for these.
    Last edited by Butch Dassie; 2021/07/29 at 10:36 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Butch Dassie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MickPrado View Post
    Some advise needed.

I'm putting my money on the battery, regardless of the test you did. batteries seem to only last 3yrs these days.
    Also, it seems this cold weather is killing peoples batteries - Ive heard from quite a few people of having to replace batteries lately
    Graham Robertson
    Nissan Patrol 4.8

I agree, don't disregard the battery.

Getting my Hardbody back from Nissan they informed me that I need to replace the battery soon, so I drove directly to Willard and asked them for a battery as I would not go back into town for a while.

They offered to test my battery, connected their machine, had me start the bakkie, the ran all their tests of the battery , alternator and what not, handed me the printout and said my battery is still good for another 12 months, so I drove home , 10 days later my battery died and I had to make a plan to get one from town.

SWAMBO had trouble with her battery last month. She pulled into Midas, and they tested the battery, printouts, etc, and said the battery was fine, no problems.

I didn't want to leave it, so asked to speak to the manager, just to get some advice. He called another tech, who checked a few things, and confirmed the battery had one dead cell, which showed 100% during testing, but was the cause of the problem.
    Battery was less than 1 year old, bought from them, so they replaced it, no cost, no hassles.

Quote Originally Posted by stof-lappie View Post
    SWAMBO had trouble with her battery last month. She pulled into Midas, and they tested the battery, printouts, etc, and said the battery was fine, no problems.

I didn't want to leave it, so asked to speak to the manager, just to get some advice. He called another tech, who checked a few things, and confirmed the battery had one dead cell, which showed 100% during testing, but was the cause of the problem.
    Battery was less than 1 year old, bought from them, so they replaced it, no cost, no hassles.
    That's good news that a company actually honoured their warranty rather than you having to fight for your rights.

I rotate a smart charger between my vehicles monthly. When one battery dips, even temporarily, into the amber light range for the first time, I replace it 'cause "it ain't going to be long in this world".

This reminds me of windscreen wipers only lasting one season now...planned obsolescence.

Default 2015 Duster AWD Media nav no sound

Dear All
    Recently my 2015 Duster AWD, Media Nav Evolution LG system is giving me sound problems. With the ignition off and I click the standby button on, the sound works. When I switch on the engine, not starting, sound works. As soon as I start the car, the sound goes off. The systems nav etc all working except that there is no sound, also no sound with nav directions. So it seems that the sound problem activates once the car is switch on to start. Has anyone came across this problem before? Appreciate any suggestions please. I contacted some Renault dealers which most say the system is gone and quote me R25,000 to replace it. Lol replacing the Nav system will cost me more that 10% I bough the car in 2015. Other say it may need an update etc etc. Really appreciate and idea, suggestion to tackle this issue. Thanks, Regards

Isn't there a volume / speed attenuation setting in our sat-nav? I'd play with that first.

I'd rather change the head unit and pair with my phone than update the sat-nav maps. You might be able to find one for R4k.

Quote Originally Posted by Butch Dassie View Post

I'd rather change the head unit and pair with my phone than update the sat-nav maps. You might be able to find one for R4k.
    Hi Butch,
    Tell us more pse.
    Life starts
    where the comfort-zone ends.

The UK Duster owners like the Witson S160 / S100 or W2-C157 sold on flea bay.

Here's the Witson site for descriptions: https://www.witson.com/en/product.ht...29135166293440