Renault Duster - Page 140

Page 140 of 140 FirstFirst ... 40 90 115 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140
Results 2,781 to 2,793 of 2793

Thread: Renault Duster

Default Re: Renault Duster

Krugersdorp - noted
    Renault Duster 4WD Gen1: No Meow

Quote Originally Posted by Butch Dassie View Post
    Krugersdorp - noted
    Yip order before a wednesday delivery following Monday with collection or shipping by Tuesday.

Duster bakkie here in Cameroon
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Suzuki V-Strom 650
    KTM 640 ADV

And in my favorite color. The Oroch has been available in Colombia for for a few years now but only recently has it become available in 4x4 configuration.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitter Davis View Post
    And in my favorite color. The Oroch has been available in Colombia for for a few years now but only recently has it become available in 4x4 configuration.
    I think it would do well if it was launched here.
    Nissan Navara d23 (Leatherman)
    Jeep Cherokee 3.2 (Swambo’s sportscar/ mommy taxi)

Hey everyone,

Hope I'm posting on the right thread. Having some issues with my 2014 1.5 dci, wondering if someone here has experienced anything like it.

My duster has 98k km on the odo and its started to pop up the stop engine light, the one in the speedo, there is also an orange engine light in the centre underneath the heat and fuel gauge for some reason.

The light goes away after a couple of minutes, but I managed to plug a odb2 reader in and it returned error codes P0094 and P0002, the first one says there is a small leak detected and the second one is related to the fuel volume regulator, I've taken the car back to the Renault dealer and took it to a another garage, both said they could not find any issues. Not sure if it is related to the error codes, but the car will feel like it goes into limp mode when accelerating suddenly from a constant speed and will get better after a couple of seconds.

Any advice will be great.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    Hey everyone,

Hope I'm posting on the right thread. Having some issues with my 2014 1.5 dci, wondering if someone here has experienced anything like it.

My duster has 98k km on the odo and its started to pop up the stop engine light, the one in the speedo, there is also an orange engine light in the centre underneath the heat and fuel gauge for some reason.

The light goes away after a couple of minutes, but I managed to plug a odb2 reader in and it returned error codes P0094 and P0002, the first one says there is a small leak detected and the second one is related to the fuel volume regulator, I've taken the car back to the Renault dealer and took it to a another garage, both said they could not find any issues. Not sure if it is related to the error codes, but the car will feel like it goes into limp mode when accelerating suddenly from a constant speed and will get better after a couple of seconds.

Thanks
    Doesn't make sense that the garage should say they couldn't find any issues when there are fault codes present unless you deleted them. Is the leak you mention a fuel or air leak? Perhaps something as simple as a bad connection in a connector in which case a few sequences of unplugging and plugging back in some connections might refresh the contacts within them?
    Last edited by B Murr; 2019/11/09 at 01:35 AM.

Hey everyone,

Thanks
    So when you google the issues it states P0094 is a fuel system leak and P0002 is a fuel pressure regulator. Seems like you might have a small fuel leak. maybe they did not fit the filter properly They should definately have a look at it again. And if the dealer dont want to play ball, then try and contact Renault SA directly.
    https://www.autoblog.com/2016/03/17/...ntrol-circuit/
    https://www.troublecodes.net/pcodes/p0094/
    Renault Duster 1.5Dci 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by B Murr View Post
    Doesn't make sense that the garage should say they couldn't find any issues when there are fault codes present unless you deleted them. Is the leak you mention a fuel or air leak? Perhaps something as simple as a bad connection in a connector in which case a few sequences of unplugging and plugging back in some connections might refresh the contacts within them?
    That is the issue, the light will go off after a short while, I'll drive to the office and the light will come on, by the time I park, it's gone again. I took a screenshot of the error codes the one day while is was driving and gave it to the mechanics, while the car was with them they could not find the issue. I'll check the connectors my self, might just be a connector issue.

Quote Originally Posted by JuanB View Post
    So when you google the issues it states P0094 is a fuel system leak and P0002 is a fuel pressure regulator. Seems like you might have a small fuel leak. maybe they did not fit the filter properly They should definately have a look at it again. And if the dealer dont want to play ball, then try and contact Renault SA directly.
    https://www.autoblog.com/2016/03/17/...ntrol-circuit/
    https://www.troublecodes.net/pcodes/p0094/
    The errors came up on 88k km and left it so the mechanics can check it when it goes in for the major service, after the filters was replaced, the error came back up. I've climbed underneath and tried to look for a leak and checked the engine for any leaks, but could not see anything.

Do you guys think the possible leak or fuel pressure regulator could cause the car to have that sudden loss of power?

Thanks for the replies.

That is the issue, the light will go off after a short while, I'll drive to the office and the light will come on, by the time I park, it's gone again. I took a screenshot of the error codes the one day while is was driving and gave it to the mechanics, while the car was with them they could not find the issue. I'll check the connectors my self, might just be a connector issue.

The errors came up on 88k km and left it so the mechanics can check it when it goes in for the major service, after the filters was replaced, the error came back up. I've climbed underneath and tried to look for a leak and checked the engine for any leaks, but could not see anything.

Do you guys think the possible leak or fuel pressure regulator could cause the car to have that sudden loss of power?

Thanks for the replies.
    What will normally happen is that due to a small leak the system cannot maintain the required pressure(fuel pressure regulator) and that is why you normally get the error at startup. After driving a while the pressure will build up to normal and then the error disappear. Get the OBDII reader with the full version of Torque app to record the error.
    Renault Duster 1.5Dci 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by JuanB View Post
    What will normally happen is that due to a small leak the system cannot maintain the required pressure(fuel pressure regulator) and that is why you normally get the error at startup. After driving a while the pressure will build up to normal and then the error disappear. Get the OBDII reader with the full version of Torque app to record the error.
    I use the Torque pro app, will plug it in and see what I can record with the reader.

Hopefully it's nothing major. Thanks for the replies.

Some have said that the high pitch noise we hear in our engine bay is not the high pressure fuel pump, but actually the opening and closing of our fuel pressure regulator on our common rail. The ECU commands a certain pressure and if a related sensor picks up that the pressure is not as commanded, it throws the P0002 code. The regulator will affect your fuel economy and as it can cause damage to your engine and cat, the ECU puts the engine into limp mode. You can check for leaks around the regulator, but it is most probably electrical (wiring or sensor damaged, connector loose or corroded). Otherwise, the fuel pump is damaged or the ECU. You need to get the fuel pressure tested, then the electrics.

Did your fuel economy change? Was there a change in smoke (white or black)?

Combined with the P0094 code, the common rail is not holding pressure. You could have leaky injectors which has been reported in India due to particulates smaller than stopped by our fuel filter, but large enough to abrade or clog the smaller pore sized injectors. You were supposed to have replaced your fuel filter at 90k. However, several on this forum have suggested adding another in-line, smaller pore fuel filter. Alternatively, the fuel pump is going, fuel line is leaking or grit is jamming the fuel regulator.

Do you smell fuel in the engine bay?

Note that leaky fuel lines present a fire hazard.

Again, you need to do a fuel pressure test.

Failing the above, I'd replace the fuel filter first. If that doesn't help, I'd replace the fuel regulator.
    Renault Duster 4WD Gen1: No Meow