Renault Duster - Page 134

Page 134 of 136 FirstFirst ... 34 84 109 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,680 of 2715

Thread: Renault Duster

Default Re: Renault Duster

According to my knowledge, the Android/Apple functionality was only added on models in December 2018 (model Y19 ). New shape Dusters before this (Model Y18 ) does not have this function. (This info is from a contact at Renault).

A colleague at work got his new Duster in March, does not feature this. Which means when the vehicle was ordered he simply got one of the older spec ones.

By the way, another Colleague got his 4WD Duster last week. AWESOME! He waited for it since October last year.
    Last edited by Clouder; 2019/05/16 at 01:21 PM.
    André Jordaan

2016 Ford Ranger 2.2TDCI XL SuperCab 4X2

I've just done something, and I DON'T KNOW what it was!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MickPrado View Post
    Recommendations for towbars please? Previous shape 2018 model. Dealers R7500 not happening think it’s a rip off.
    I have the same model. Got mine done at AutoBar in Pretoria. R4250.00 and a flawless job done.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to stof-lappie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Butch Dassie View Post
    Thanks Pitter - but aren't you replacing with original equipment shocks? That is, you are doing the same thing and expecting different results. The original design was too weak. Admittedly, it does make for a verrrry comfortable ride, but you now see at what cost. A stronger shock will make a difference to the ride, but removing some of the seasickness sway on rapid lane changes might not be a bad thing.
    Thanks Butch. Actually a soft ride over rough unpaved road is paramount for me as I have to traverse that condition on a daily basis. I thought I read here a while back that the front and rear shocks are the same though I may be imagining that. If true however I wonder why the fronts have held up for 80k kilometers with out needing replacement.

It's been cracked / hacked.
    To enable carplay or android auto on MediaNav:
    https://youtu.be/zBOD7vi30ps
    https://youtu.be/8CaF50-o-7k
    You can also change the colour scheme:
    https://youtu.be/Zq00hknppQg
    The code combinations depend on the software version of Windows CE. Codes 6835 with 9377 works for version 10.0.13.1. If you have a different version, let me know, I have three other combinations, which I think are for older versions. If you find a different combination that works, post it here with the version number.
    I'll get my Duster next week some time. Will see what I come up with and post it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitter Davis View Post
    iIf true however I wonder why the fronts have held up for 80 kit kilometers with out needing replacement.
    I have a theory, based on my experience on a Freelander 2.

The rear shocks went at around 160000km, about 10k apart, right front at 230k and I sold the car at 240k still with the original left front damper. All failed at the oil seal, starting to first leak, then knock.

We drive on the LH side of the road and in Pretoria, have hundreds of traffic calming humps in the suburbs. Sleeping Policemen, the Poms call them.

So within the last 1.6km of my house, I cross 5 or 6 of them. They taper off into the road surface very close to the kerb to allow storm water to run down the road.

So if you drive with the left wheels through this gap, only the RH wheels go over the hump and it feels a lot smoother.

So here is the theory: because the RH front damper travels more frequently and also with a longer stroke, the piston oil seal sees more wear, and fails sooner.

As for the rear, that part of the car is a lot lighter and bounces higher, so also strokes more, wearing the oil seal.

Any alternate postulates?
    Johnie
    Volvo XC60 T5
    180kW/350Nm (1500 - 4800 rpm)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JJJ For This Useful Post:

Thanks jjj interesting theory.

Default New Renault Duster

This may be the next Duster and will come to Colombia about March 2020 I'm told. Not too different but has something weird behind the from fender. It may also be offered with a 1.3 turbo with 160 hp.

I've been thinking of buying a new one but I think I'll wait for that turbo motor.

The roof rails look like you'll have a longer span to place cross bars. That would be nice.

As indicated earlier, a colleague at work just got his 4wd. Looks really good!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	td2.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	413.6 KB 
ID:	529003Click image for larger version. 

Name:	td1.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	426.0 KB 
ID:	529004

The white actually has me pondering about getting a Prestige in White...
    Last edited by Clouder; 2019/05/22 at 08:01 AM.
    André Jordaan

Can anyone recommend a good place in PTA or surrounds, to get a nudge bar, or bull bar of sorts?
    I know many will say it's pointless and not strong, but it's better than nothing, with the low quality driving skills these days?

Doing it through a dealer is exorbitant and ridiculous. Any pics from anyone who has anything different to the standard nudge bars out there would also be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: New Renault Duster

Quote Originally Posted by Pitter Davis View Post
    This may be the next Duster and will come to Colombia about March 2020 I'm told. Not too different but has something weird behind the from fender. It may also be offered with a 1.3 turbo with 160 hp.

I've been thinking of buying a new one but I think I'll wait for that turbo motor.
    This new model is already in South Africa
    FOTON TUNLAND 4X4 LUX
    UPGRADES:"LEVEL IT" SPACER KIT,2" LIFT WITH RANCHO ADJUSTABLE SHOCKS,ROCKSPIDER 4X4: BASHPLATE,ROCKSLIDERS,REARBUMPER/TOWBAR COMBINATION. UTILITY BOXES FOR AIR COMPRESSOR AND RECOVERY GEAR. DIY CANOPY. NEW CUSTOM BUMPER.

Back then I also wanted a white one, but they were so popular I had to wait for 6months for a white 4wd!

Quote Originally Posted by stof-lappie View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good place in PTA or surrounds, to get a nudge bar, or bull bar of sorts?
    I know many will say it's pointless and not strong, but it's better than nothing, with the low quality driving skills these days?

Doing it through a dealer is exorbitant and ridiculous. Any pics from anyone who has anything different to the standard nudge bars out there would also be greatly appreciated.
    Dont......just dont. It creates more damage in a slight fender bender than without it. I ended with more than R16k worth of damage due to the nudgebar. All they are good for is fitting spotlights.
    Renault Duster 1.5Dci 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by JuanB View Post
    Dont......just dont. It creates more damage in a slight fender bender than without it. I ended with more than R16k worth of damage due to the nudgebar. All they are good for is fitting spotlights.
    Thanks for the advice. I just get really stressed with the taxi's doing what they do best, the soccer moms in their giant Land Cruisers, and the Millennials on their phones not paying attention. (Disclaimer: Anyone offended by any of these, I'm just having a laugh).

I'll have to resort to "Plan B" then:
    Attachment 529022

"This new model is already in South Africa"

Yes I should have seen that from the post above of the white one. That's great! What major changes or
    improvements does it have over the old one? Anything interesting besides some body panel changes? Is the gearing (I'd love a lower 1st) and 4x4 system the same?

I wonder why we're so far behind in Latin America. Evidently our version is currently being tested in Argentina. Oh well I'll just have to wait...

The vehicle as a whole is vastly improved and refined over the previous gen. It rides much, MUCH better also and is a lot quieter that the old one.

I believe the EDC gearbox was also vastly improved. I am not sure about suspension, etc changes.

When they launch, go and drive one. I drove the EDC model, was hugely impressed with it. It feels and rides great, solid and it just feels like a much more premium vehicle.
    André Jordaan

It's been cracked / hacked.
    To enable carplay or android auto on MediaNav:
    https://youtu.be/zBOD7vi30ps
    https://youtu.be/8CaF50-o-7k
    You can also change the colour scheme:
    https://youtu.be/Zq00hknppQg
    The code combinations depend on the software version of Windows CE. Codes 6835 with 9377 works for version 10.0.13.1. If you have a different version, let me know, I have three other combinations, which I think are for older versions. If you find a different combination that works, post it here with the version number.
    Hi, I have received my Duster and am very happy so far! Untested fuel consumption (as in I have not done a full tank yet, only reported by the vehicle) is 4.7l/100km. This is fairly mild driving up to about 116kph.

Anyway my MediaNav version is 10.0.12.8, I tried the procedure in the video above with no luck but I saw a German one where you had to put a file on a USB before entering maintenance mode. I am going to update to the latest software as per: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86zMFaU2ZH4&t=10s and then try again.

Quote Originally Posted by alecrust View Post
    Hi, I have received my Duster and am very happy so far! Untested fuel consumption (as in I have not done a full tank yet, only reported by the vehicle) is 4.7l/100km. This is fairly mild driving up to about 116kph.

Anyway my MediaNav version is 10.0.12.8, I tried the procedure in the video above with no luck but I saw a German one where you had to put a file on a USB before entering maintenance mode. I am going to update to the latest software as per: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86zMFaU2ZH4&t=10s and then try again.
    Which Duster did you get?
    André Jordaan

Quote Originally Posted by Clouder View Post
    The vehicle as a whole is vastly improved and refined over the previous gen. It rides much, MUCH better also and is a lot quieter that the old one.

I believe the EDC gearbox was also vastly improved. I am not sure about suspension, etc changes.

When they launch, go and drive one. I drove the EDC model, was hugely impressed with it. It feels and rides great, solid and it just feels like a much more premium vehicle.

Thank you Clouder, much appreciated! That is good news. Your comments about ride are music to my ears. Too bad introduction here is so far away. I will just have to bide my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Clouder View Post
    Which Duster did you get?
    New model 1.5dCi 4x2 Prestige registered in 2018. I did all the driving with eco mode on.