Where to camp?

Thread: Where to camp?

Default Where to camp?

I would like to go to moz in November we like pomene but want to try other places- so here are my thoughts- white sands, ponta molongane or morrungulo? My wife and myself are self sufficient and take all we want with, we would like to go for two weeks, I love fishing and would like to take my small 15 hp boat out for fishing probably not possible in molongane but closer to drive. Any comments?
    touareg v8tdi👹

Try Inhassorro, a bit further north then Pomene, but a absolute stunning and such a quiet place. We stayed there last year Dec at http://www.starofmoz.co.za/. If u want more info pm me.

Petri

Can I get there with my car and off road trailer? It looks great petri!
    touareg v8tdi👹

What car? The road from Vilanculos to inhassorro is filled with potholes but drivable. From Inhassoro to the lodge is 3-5km sandy road. We never engaged 4wd on that road and all the locals drive with their "platkarre". If you've towed a offroad trailer to pomene ( i see you mention pomene), this will be a breeze.

We stayed in the chalets R300 pppn (absolutely stunning) but the campsite is very nice, lots of shade. The lodge is on the beach. A 50meter walk and your feet is in the water. Ice available from Henry(the owner) and local market and bakery provides all that you will need. There is also a small general dealer where you can get the basics. Local liquor store for the R&R's and 2m beer. Two ATM available and also a filling station. You can get a permit for about R1000 for the whole holiday to drive on the beach(about 30km stretch of beach). Very nice Restaurant/bar just next to the lodge.

We are already planning our next trip to Estrela de Mananisse (star of moz)

If you need more info please let me know.

Petri

Quote Originally Posted by Patman View Post
    I would like to go to moz in November we like pomene but want to try other places- so here are my thoughts- white sands, ponta molongane or morrungulo? My wife and myself are self sufficient and take all we want with, we would like to go for two weeks, I love fishing and would like to take my small 15 hp boat out for fishing probably not possible in molongane but closer to drive. Any comments?
    White Sands is great, managers are South African (no surprise), Susan and her husband run a tight ship. You can use your small boat in the Barra / Maxixe bay with very little risk.

The only issue is the tidal inflow that almost cuts White Sands off from the rest of Barra point. You have to time your incoming and outgoing trips.

Morrungulo LOOKS awesome but I've only ever stopped there for a look-see.
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

Morrungula has a simular set up as Pomene Resort,easy boat launching and better camp site because it is fully grassed and shaded.Price is R120 pppn which is the same as pomene,Pomene sites are bigger though,oh,you are protected from on shore winds at Morrungula.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrone 12 View Post
    Morrungula has a simular set up as Pomene Resort,easy boat launching and better camp site because it is fully grassed and shaded.Price is R120 pppn which is the same as pomene,Pomene sites are bigger though,oh,you are protected from on shore winds at Morrungula.
    The Morrungulo cassitas are also very nice.
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

Thanks all I'm thinking of going to morrungulo and inhassoro for a week each with my new trailer and adding a day on either side of the holiday for traveling. Thanks all for your input!
    touareg v8tdi👹