Servicing a turbodiesel Chevrolet C/K?

Default Servicing a turbodiesel Chevrolet C/K?

I need to have a late-90's Chev C/K bakkie serviced somewhere. The bakkie is currently on the farm in Karasburg, Namibia. It is running, but I don't know when last it has seen a proper service. The vehicle has a couple of niggles that need sorting out, including the engine light that is on.

I can bring it down to Cape Town, or I can take it up to Windhoek, or I can get a guy to come and look at it on the farm, but I assume that he would then have to be able to scan for error codes etc..

At the moment I'm thinking of doing a basic oil service first and then bringing it down to Cape Town, as it will be easier for me to keep tabs on what is being done to the vehicle, when it is down here.

Who would you recommend in Cape Town for doing this job? The vehicle has a 6.5L TDi under the hood.

Default Service for C/K chevy's

I just sold my 6.5td Suburban, still have another one - Silverado, but with big block petrol v8. For service I use a guy called Porky up in Johannesburg, American Motorsport, he specializes in these vehicles and have many in his workshop at anytime. If he does not have spates he will get from local or USA, he's always assisted me at reasonable prices, and he knows these 6,5td backwards. I know it's not Cape Town, but maybe Porky can advise you who can help you outside of Johannesburg. Porky 0823746108

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 3's For This Useful Post: