Two Stroke oil in TDV6 works wonders!! - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Landyluvver View Post
    and many believe we are talking s*$#
    this is exactly what we have been observing and trying to convey
    attached a Td5 at approx 250 000km running 2SO
    not only can you eat off it, the hone marks are still visible
    Whilst I have also been using 2stroke for yonks and have opened many motors it would be unfair to say 2stroke was the reason that motor still has hone marks.

I've opened up motors both petrol and diesel that didnt have the 2stroke added and hones marks were there.

Very recent Def TD5 head jod with 240 000 on the dash should the hones are clear as in the pic, needles to add the owner is now using 2 stroke as we all discuss here on a on/basis.

Totsly of subject.

19933 a Engineer in the USA designed and made a carb for a V8 that could go 200 miles on a US gallon of fuel, two years later the oil companies added lead to the fuel making the use of this invention useless.

Today we have so called additives that clean our petrol engines.....yeah right, more along the lines to make our motors burn more fuel, the last push before electric vehicles hit the market in a big way..
    Much was said a few years back about LED lighting and look where its going now and into the future.
    cheers
    30 years experience and knowledge certainly out weighs a 5min keyboard bashing on google
    Love's electrickery stuff and problems related to it as long as it dont go bang cos then its f......
    NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT
    A V8 is where thunder is made
    100%WEE

[QUOTE=Landyluvver;1696391]as discussed before - don't use synthetic 2SO
    TT grade Jaso FB or FC is perfect

Kan ek Jaso FD ook gebruik?
    Groetnis

[quote=paul nel;1705469]
    Quote Originally Posted by landyluvver View Post
    as discussed before - don't use synthetic 2so
    tt grade jaso fb or fc is perfect

kan ek jaso fd ook gebruik?
    Groetnis

Quote Originally Posted by daveb_1 View Post
    thanks

Dave
    For remapping, you may contact Faizullah’s at 083 792 9172 alternatively Elton in Jhb at 083 577 5555 who will refer you to his agent in Cape Town. Regards G
    Last edited by Gert Buitendag; 2013/06/17 at 03:40 PM.

For remapping, you may contact Faizullah’s at 083 792 9172 alternatively Elton in Jhb at 083 577 5555. Groetnis Gert

I have also found 2s0 to be good for petrol engines now we no longer have lead to lube the in tank pumps and injectors. The valve seats also look nice on those heads we have stripped. My D2 TD5 now has 337,000kms on the clock and the injector readings are close to those as new.

Quote Originally Posted by grunty View Post
    I have also found 2s0 to be good for petrol engines now we no longer have lead to lube the in tank pumps and injectors. The valve seats also look nice on those heads we have stripped. My D2 TD5 now has 337,000kms on the clock and the injector readings are close to those as new.
    My only wear items on the head nowadays are the glow plugs, they last around 100'000km. Have to change them again this week, car struggles to start at these winter morning temps.

2sO rocks!
    George Bosch
    2003 RangeRover Vogue 3.0 Td6 (Mine) / 2005 LR Disco3 TDV6 S (Swambo's) / 1998 Disco1 Tdi ES (Sold) / And some more serious stuff

Distributor for:
    DEFAProjectaSignature.png

Special offers for 4X4community forum members on CTEK! Send PM with your email address for details

Default 2so

Hi, guys

Will this 2so also work for an old N/A petrol engine?

Would there be any benefit to adding the 2so in an attampt to clean any carbon build up in a 1998 Honda Ballade 150i? She's getting very sluggish in her old age

Quote Originally Posted by TheFrozenRogue View Post
    Hi, guys

Will this 2so also work for an old N/A petrol engine?

Would there be any benefit to adding the 2so in an attampt to clean any carbon build up in a 1998 Honda Ballade 150i? She's getting very sluggish in her old age
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinh View Post
    I have found the same effect in a normal Petrol engine 1000:1 or 50ml 2SO to 50 litre petrol.
    I used 2 bottles 200 ml of Sasol 2SO for 2 months and now the engine feels much more responsive and I have not added any 2SO for a few months now.
    It must lubricate and polish all the pumps and surfaces and blow out the carbon, fuel consumption has not changed.
    Will be adding more 2SO shortly.
    Scroll up, read
    2012 FJ Cruiser
    1983 FJ60 Landcruiser

[QUOTE=PAUL NEL;1705469]
    Quote Originally Posted by Landyluvver View Post
    as discussed before - don't use synthetic 2SO
    TT grade Jaso FB or FC is perfect

Kan ek Jaso FD ook gebruik?
    Groetnis
    You shouldn't. FD is synthetic and doesn't burn ashless.
    2012 FJ Cruiser
    1983 FJ60 Landcruiser

Ek gaan nou baie stupid klink, maar ek ken nie baie van engines af nie. Ek het die heel tyd gedog julle praat van diesel voertuie, maar nou sien ek petrol... Ek ry 'n 2003 Nissan Hardbody 3L Diesel... en sukkel met performance... of sal ek se... as ek voet neer sit, dan wag ek vir iets om te gebeur. Maar as ek 4X4 en werk hier onder rond met die revs, dan is daar genoeg torque. Sal die 2-stroke help vir my, en dalk bietjie ook vir my diesel verbruik?

Jammer as ek nou 'n vraag herhaal, maar sal graag bietjie meer oomph uit ou saartjie wil kry.
    Grassie
    Teerpaaie is ONNODIG!!!
    '03 Nissan Hardbody 3L Diesel Doublecab (Saartjie)

Hi all, I tend to read a lot of the threads on the forum but don't respond to any. To dad I thought i'll ad my 2c for what it's worth. Sasol and other petro chemical companys employ chemical engineers and other clever people to do research and developments on different fuels & oil grades and so by make them better for our beloved engines and drive trains. Why? would i ask that these guys don't add the 2sO to their fuels?

Hi Guys, if I have never added 2SO before and do so now after 370 000 on my D2 TD5 would it help or assist in removal of the unwanted buildup or is it a case of to late.

If adding 2sO to your petrol us benificial for a cleaner and smoother engine, how will it affect combustion and the parts involved? Will/can it damage the pistons/head etc?
    2016 Ford Ranger XL DC 4x4 - Die kar agter die donkie
    2009 Mitsubishi Triton DC 4x2 - Sold
    2005 Mitsubishi Colt 2.4 DC 4x2 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques_Nel View Post
    If adding 2sO to your petrol us benificial for a cleaner and smoother engine, how will it affect combustion and the parts involved? Will/can it damage the pistons/head etc?
    Jacques, look at a two stroke bike, 2So oil mixed with petrol. This is for lubrication and better combustion. 2So is designed to lubricate and burn in the combustion process. It will never be bad for diesel or petrol engines. That's what it is designed for.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by offroad junky; 2013/06/19 at 05:18 AM.
    Offroad junky
    '97 SsangYong Musso 602 EL exec
    '14 Citroen DS4 2.0 HDI swambo's platkar

Previously;
    '03 Nissan HB 3.0TD D/C 4x4
    '07 Hilux D4D D/C 4x4
    '16 Ford Ranger 2.2 DC XL Hi-Rider
    '12 Disco 4 SDV6 SE - Beauty
    '06 Disco 3 TDV6 S (De-cat, EGR blanked, remap, Johnson rods suspension rods, 285/65-R17 Kuhmo KL61) - Beast
    '04 Terracan 3.5 V6
    '96 Ssang Yong Musso 602 (non turbo manual)
    '04 Ford Ranger 2.5 TDI D/C 4x4 with Solid front axle and 33" Maxxis

With regards to the 2so giving a cleaner vvt mechanism on the D3 turbo, is the 2so not burned in the combustion process? How does it make its way into the exhaust gasses?
    Have been using 2so in the D2 for just over a year (every 2nd tank) and notice that there is soot build up around the outside of the exhaust tail pipe.
    Is this normal?
    .................................................. ......
    Gary Walker

Discovery 2 (Td5) Best 4x4xfar
    BMW GS 1200 Adventure. For when the road ends...
    Jurgens XT120..home away from home.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Tsotsi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tsotsi View Post
    With regards to the 2so giving a cleaner vvt mechanism on the D3 turbo, is the 2so not burned in the combustion process? How does it make its way into the exhaust gasses?
    Have been using 2so in the D2 for just over a year (every 2nd tank) and notice that there is soot build up around the outside of the exhaust tail pipe.
    Is this normal?
    Hi All

there are some hilarious comments in this thread again. I sometimes wonder if the forumites in question actually engage their grey cells, before their fingers hit the keyboard

To the valid and pertinent question on how the removal of carbon deposits is actually done, herewith a very easy to understand answer:

1. 2sO is a FUEL OIL and as such is formulated to BURN.

2. 2sO as a lubricating oil when mixed in with diesel INCREASES lubricity of the diesel fuel.

3. The additives of JASO-FC grade 2sO are formulated to be SOAKED UP by the burnt in hard carbon deposits. This then makes them soft and they release from the metal surfaces and are burnt up in the process.

4. The removal of these deposits makes the rings seal better, and the original form and surface of the combustion chamber/piston top is restored, which IMPROVES performance and REDUCES consumption.

Hope the above helps to better UNDERSTAND this topic.
    George Bosch
    2003 RangeRover Vogue 3.0 Td6 (Mine) / 2005 LR Disco3 TDV6 S (Swambo's) / 1998 Disco1 Tdi ES (Sold) / And some more serious stuff

Distributor for:
    DEFAProjectaSignature.png

Special offers for 4X4community forum members on CTEK! Send PM with your email address for details

Hi HG,

I am not disputing that the 2sO does clean and prevent carbon build-up and also improves fuel system lubrication, but for it to be able to clean the internals of a turbo mechanism, there should be some sort of process and I now understand this better.

As to its cleaning properties, I have had first hand experience as 2 months after I started using 2sO, I had to replace injector washers, which turned out that the carbon build-up on them was the only part still assiting with sealing.
    The injectors were also clean of any carbon/deposit build-up.

I am now a converted 2sO user.

As far as i know the previous owner did not believe in 2sO.
    .................................................. ......
    Gary Walker

Discovery 2 (Td5) Best 4x4xfar
    BMW GS 1200 Adventure. For when the road ends...
    Jurgens XT120..home away from home.

Is this also advisable for a Hilux D4D? It's done 155000 kms now and still going well.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast