Please help if you can. - spares needed.

Default Please help if you can. - spares needed.

Hi all,

Hope any of you might be able to help. last year one of my friend decided to take his own life and leave behind his wife and 2 sons and one daughter.

Prior to his death his 300tdi disco needed to go to a panelbeater for a dammaged bumper and rhs front door. just before his death i allready replace the T/C, Battery and did a service on the vehicle and decided to give it back to his wife at no charge. the insurance wanted to scrap the disco as the amount quoted was R87,000 !! i have already replaced the door , bumper and rhs front fender on my own cost and will spray everything on my cost. even found a bullbar and have some used spots in the workshop that i am gonna fit for them. but i need some good 16 inch tyres for the disco, ( 5 if its possible) .

Why keep the disco you might ask? me and Andries travelled through africa taking school children on tours and learning them about africa and appreciating everything we have, for years. our 4x4 used to be a samil 50!. his kids (his 2 sons) did a egipt to ZA last year on bicycles and finished the trip after their dads death!! to Clarens , in one year! go and have a look on face book under Afrika-Toer-Beukes-Brothers. on the home page he is the one sitting in the middle with his 2 sons.his wife wanted the the insurance to scrap the car and get R30,000 out to buy them a old beetle. but i refused, i told her that his sons will someday need a 4x4 to continue their travels and a beetle just wont do.

what i need now is a set of tyres for his landy or a set of tyres and rims to hand over his landy to his children. or any thing you have lying around to "improve" his old Disco 1 for his children

ns, his youngest son Charles has been in a serious motor accident just outside bloem , in april and lost all sight in his left eye.

If you feel you might be able to help , please contact me , Pierre on 083 637 9833 or office 016 931 3156.

Please if you know the Beukes"s from Clarens do not tell them about this , as i want to keep this as a supprise.will post the before and after pics is anybodies intrested.

Thanks

Pierre
    Live today as if itís your last day to make a change in this world. Cause tomorrow is promised to no one.

Driving the BEST 4x4's

What size does it need.
    Discovery 3 TDV6 S G4 No 29 - Mine
    Discovery 4 TDV6 SE - SWAMBO's

Hi thanks for the reply,

The size currently on the car is 245/70/16 , but a different profile like a 75 will also work

Thanks!!
    Live today as if itís your last day to make a change in this world. Cause tomorrow is promised to no one.

Driving the BEST 4x4's