Vacuum Pump Repair Kits - 300Tdi

Default Vacuum Pump Repair Kits - 300Tdi

Hi All

Good news! We have sorted out the shortage of these popular repair kits, which cure the oil leaks in the vacuum pump once and for all time.

The kit consists of a non-standard size welch plug which replaces the flimsy bottom one on these pumps, as well as 6 special bolt and metal lock nuts, which keep the pump cover on tight for good.

Gone are the days when one got stuck with a badly leaking pump due to the rivets sheared off or the bottom welch plug that popped out.

If you are in need, send me a pm with your email address.

The original welch plug with a very flimsy sealing area, guaranteed to leak over time.

And the special deep cup type one, which I have drawn specially for the Wabco pump.

George Bosch
    2003 RangeRover Vogue 3.0 Td6 (Mine) / 2005 LR Disco3 TDV6 S (Swambo's) / 1998 Disco1 Tdi ES (Sold) / And some more serious stuff

Distributor for:
    DEFAProjectaSignature.png

Special offers for 4X4community forum members on CTEK! Send PM with your email address for details

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hgbosch For This Useful Post:

how much for the kit?

Paid R 50.00 for mine, about a year ago, did the mod and no more leaking past the plug.
    2015 Pajero Sport 2,5 Di-D 4x4 5-spd Auto, STOFPAD eng & gbox bash plate, Mitsubishi Nudge Bar, Bosal Tow Bar, Retractable Eezy-Awn

My pump is a bit noisy, is it time for a new one or is there some way to fix it?

What vacuum pump is used in the D1 V8 to operate the cruise control? Mine is kaput and want to restore this functionality, is this the same?

Quote Originally Posted by ZS5EFP View Post
    What vacuum pump is used in the D1 V8 to operate the cruise control? Mine is kaput and want to restore this functionality, is this the same?
    Nope, the V8 uses an electrical vacuum pump. I recon you could "repair" the cruise control pump by making a vacuum reservoir using a one way valve (same as what goes to the brake booster) and then feeding this vacuum to the valves on the old electrical pump. This would eliminate the electrical pump part of that unit. Never done it though.
    Best regards
    Philip
    LR: '11 Rangie 5.0 S/C
    LR: '01 Disco 2 XS 4.6 V8
    Ford: '14 Ranger 3.2 Auto SuperCab 4x4
    Jaguar: XJS 5.3L V12 (Megasquirt, 5sp manual)

Where can I get and how much does a vacuum pump cost?

Hi

Landyworx, Leimers and British 4x4 are selling my kits.
    George Bosch
    2003 RangeRover Vogue 3.0 Td6 (Mine) / 2005 LR Disco3 TDV6 S (Swambo's) / 1998 Disco1 Tdi ES (Sold) / And some more serious stuff

Distributor for:

Special offers for 4X4community forum members on CTEK! Send PM with your email address for details

Default Re: Vacuum Pump Repair Kits - 300Tdi

Where can I get the kit in Europe? I live in Belgium.
    Sincerely, Peter Millecam

Quote Originally Posted by millepet View Post
    Where can I get the kit in Europe? I live in Belgium.
    Sincerely, Peter Millecam
    pm sent
    George Bosch

Distributor for:

Please send me a pm on the price from the outlets.
    1997 Discovery 1 300tdi - Pussy Galore

Hi George,

Are these kits still alive? I called all three places mentioned above in an earlier post, but none of them stock the kit. The price for a new vacuum pump is way more than I'm willing to spend. I temporarily fixed mine by drilling out the rivets and using bolts similar to the ones in the kit, but the pump started to leak (what a mess!) after about 500km. I probably need to redo the gasket and get lock washers in addition to the nylon lock nuts.

btw. since rebuilding the disco 1, I've been having one of the best rides of my life. What a machine the disco 1 is! The only two glitches I had since the rebuild was the fuel lift pump, the brake vacuum and a hydraulic hose for the power steering all of which I fixed myself or am in the process of fixing.
    1999 2.8 TDI Daihatsu Rocky 'Banjo'
    1996 300 TDI Discovery 1 'Shamrock'

Quote Originally Posted by wunluv View Post
    Hi George,

Are these kits still alive? I called all three places mentioned above in an earlier post, but none of them stock the kit. The price for a new vacuum pump is way more than I'm willing to spend. I temporarily fixed mine by drilling out the rivets and using bolts similar to the ones in the kit, but the pump started to leak (what a mess!) after about 500km. I probably need to redo the gasket and get lock washers in addition to the nylon lock nuts.

btw. since rebuilding the disco 1, I've been having one of the best rides of my life. What a machine the disco 1 is! The only two glitches I had since the rebuild was the fuel lift pump, the brake vacuum and a hydraulic hose for the power steering all of which I fixed myself or am in the process of fixing.
    Hi wunluv

contact British4x4. they have an electric vacuum pump kit for the 300Tdi. The quality of new Wabco pumps available is so shocking, that one should rather look at converting to electric pump.
    George Bosch

Distributor for:

Quote Originally Posted by hgbosch View Post
    Hi wunluv

contact British4x4. they have an electric vacuum pump kit for the 300Tdi. The quality of new Wabco pumps available is so shocking, that one should rather look at converting to electric pump.
    On my 3rd pump in 20000km next one will be elect pump, leaking oil and piston face on pump that runs on cam lobe pits something not right with there hard facing of piston head on pump,
    when had pump of swung engine over and oil flying out of spray nozzle so no shortage of oil to lube lobe and piston on pump
    1995 300TDi Defender with VGT Turbo
    2002 Defender with LS1 MS3 ECU, 4L80e, LT230 1.003, Lockers and HD CW&P, 35" with 4" Lift