Mitsubishi Triton 3.2 cruise control upgrade

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Mitsubishi Triton 3.2 cruise control upgrade

Hi everyone

I have a 2010 Mitsu Triton 3.2 DC manual and I really love it except for the lack of cruise control on a long trip
    I've driven a Pajero Sport, and the interior is similar to mine and it has cruise control and radio buttons on his steering wheel (there are no buttons on my steering wheel - except for the hooter ).
    So now back to my original statement about the lack of cruise control..can I fit a pajero sport steering wheel to my triton and wire up the buttons to the ECU and somehow activate the cruise control function?? Surely the ECU must have the cruise control functionality built in ?? (I have an old triton brocure from Australia which has cruise control as standard on the 3.2 tritons)..
    Please can you shed some light if you have any knowledge on the topic? I don't really want some of the generic aftermarket cruise control solutions as they are ugly (and mostly designed for toyota's and VW's)

Is your foot broken?

Quote Originally Posted by ActionAnt View Post
    Is your foot broken?
    It feels like it's broken after a long trip..

I also want cruise control. Somebody help.

Triton DC, Jimny and K1200GT scooter.

How does my old 1998 2.8 Tdi Pajero have C/C, and new Tritons don't?
    IFS is like a swambo, soft, sexy and expensive!

Apparently I need to make the airplane noises like mommy does when I try to spoon feed you the info..

Interesting question

Work in EG to pay the bank in Port Elizabeth, the windy city

Ek stel ook belang in die Cruise control

Quote Originally Posted by tintin_85 View Post

It feels like it's broken after a long trip..
    Nah come on. Did Gariep 600km drive no stops. Foot was the last thing on my broken list.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurard View Post
    Nah come on. Did Gariep 600km drive no stops. Foot was the last thing on my broken list.
    Was just kidding 8) but I still really want cruise control, it's a nice to have for long trips or the open road
    So what was on your broken list?

I've emailed MitsPro to see if they have any advice.. I'll post their reply on this thread

I noticed when the sun shone from behind onto the speedo console that there is a cruise control light on the top left so there is an option on there so just maybe it can be put in and work.
    2011 Triton 4x4 DC 3.2 DI-D Facelift

Mods- Hankook Dynapro AT 265/75/R16
    Stofpad bash plate with gear box Ironman bash plate
    Bestech cruise control
    Stofpad rocksliders
    Modified canopy with side doors now

Quote Originally Posted by tintin_85 View Post

Was just kidding 8) but I still really want cruise control, it's a nice to have for long trips or the open road
    So what was on your broken list?

I've emailed MitsPro to see if they have any advice.. I'll post their reply on this thread
    It lies between my lower back and thighs.

Drove a 2.5 4x4 triton some time back that had the BESTECH cruise control installed.I speak under correction but I think the guy said he paid just under 4k for it.Works really well and is a small lever they place either left or right below the wiper/signal arms

http://www.bestech.co.za/autocruise.html

Seems like it can be done! I have seen one in a 3.2 I looked at as Mr G said very nice fit.
    "Ability is what gives you the opportunity belief is what gets you there"

David Maritz
    Triton - Barberian!

Thanks guys
    I emailed Bestech in February and they quoted R6200 (for the stalk command unit, mounted on the left side of the steering column). I know they can do the job, but I still want it to look like an OEM job and not an aftermarket job (Bestech is mostly designed to look like an OEM job for Toyota's and VW's).
    Maybe they can just wire up their device to the Pajero Sport steering wheel buttons??
    I still think R6200 is a ridiculous amount for cruise control

6k is a bit much

If you did not already, you will need to find a Sport steering wheel at a breakers I'm afraid. Agents will be quite useless. I scratched the plastic silver surround on the steering volume buttons, and tried to source a replacement. They sent me a plastic silver blank panel for a model that they don't even sell here after 6 weeks of waiting- no provision for buttons. Maybe they expected me to us a hacksaw....when asked if they knew that the Sport had audio controls, I got another blank....stare. Good luck, and if you come right, post pics!

Haha, that's unfortunate Who did you order through?
    I first want to find out if it is possible or if someone has any knowledge on the topic before I waste time scratching around to find a steering wheel 8)..I really don't want to spend over R6k with Bestech, especially when it won't look like an OEM job I still haven't had a response from MitsPro either

Placed order with union motors. Ordering anything Mitsubishi thru them is like being an overweight contestant on that Total Wipeout show on dstv. You just know something is going to go spectacularly wrong soon...

On getting advice, all I can recommend is to ask the guys at the newtriton.net and the pajeroclub Victoria forums. They sell loads more tritons and challengers down there, and most are specced much better than our locally available models. Don't let the oz thing put you off, they are friendly chaps who just give good advice and respect each others opinions - so no forum bullies there.. Once again, good luck!

Thanks will give it a try
    I've got no problem from the Ozzies, they must be doing something right since we get a lot of our 4x4 equipment and upgrades from them 8)

I hunted on the Australia online scrap yard site and came up with these part numbers which I've ordered:

The parts have never been ordered before so they getting me pricing, but no guarantee that it will work.

Steering Lever switch - MR537964 (common)

Harness - 4400A461 from 2009/07 onwards - 4400A378 from 2007 to 2009/07 (from the switch to the clock spring)

There is part number differences between Pajero Sport and Triton but the clock springs part numbers for the Aus Triton and my SA 2011 Triton are the same. So I've taking a chance and hoping it will work.
    Last edited by Ian - SA; 2013/05/14 at 08:56 AM.
    2011 Amarok 120kw 4Motion - STT Rocksliders, 265/65 R17 Yokohama Geolander AT G015, In Dash Navi & reverse Cam, Rogue Performance Downpipe.

2006 Jurgens Xplorer

Previously owned
    -----------------------------------------------
    2007 Pajero GLX - Opposite Lock Deluxe B/bar, Tough Dog Coils & Shocks, VRS 9500lb Winch, Stofpad Engine & Gearbox bash plate, Kumho ATS 265/65/R17, Takla s/covers, In-Dash Navi, Extended Mudflaps, Dual battery management system.
    2011 Triton 3.2 DiD D/cab 4x4 - 265/65/R17 Hankook DynaPro AT-M, Viair compressor, Stofpad Rock Sliders, custom rubber mats, Cruise control
    2000 Land Rover Discovery 2 TD5 XS - 245/70/R16 Good Year Wrangler A/T, Off road bumper, Terrafirma coil conversion + 40mm lift, CDL fitted, Hawkeye diagnostic unit,

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast