Mitsubishi Triton 3.2 cruise control upgrade - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Ok well Bestech replied pretty quickly and since they're in Centurion and I'm in PE, it's a problem because they said they need to check things on my car; like if I have can-bus or if the controls are analogue and if there are spare pins, etc. they also said that they haven't really played around much on Tritons cos there aren't as many around...but the salesman did give me the PE fitment centre details (Auto sound and alarm) so when I get some free time I will pay them a visit and see if they can tell me a little more or point me in the right direction so I will find out if they can do an OEM type job and what's required, etc.

Will post more details when I have them

Any updates ?

Hi

I've got the Bestech Stalk Command on my 2009 Triton 2.5 S/S and I use it very often. whether it's long distances or even normal driving on the highway (when its not busy). It has a mayor effect on my fuel consumption as it only feeds the engine what is needed to maintain the speed

I have inquired from Bestech in Jhb? and told me the price is R6500 excl. vat and fitment but had the people that can fit it in Durbs get hold of me and.... SCORE 1 for Durban for a change way cheaper R5500 all incl. so next month I shall have cruise control in my cab.

Hi Paul
    Further to our conversation yesterday, the cost of the cruise control will be R 5500.00 all inclusive. The installation time including road testing should take approx 4 .5hours. Our details are as follows:

Regards

Rowen Naidoo

East End Customs

127 Smith Street - Durban
    031-3372091

www.eastendcustoms.net
    Last edited by Paul Coyne; 2013/07/21 at 05:58 PM.
    2011 Triton 4x4 DC 3.2 DI-D Facelift

Mods- Hankook Dynapro AT 265/75/R16
    Stofpad bash plate with gear box Ironman bash plate
    Bestech cruise control
    Stofpad rocksliders
    Modified canopy with side doors now

Thanks for the info Paul

Please report back on the technical details of their cruise control, like if it works over CAN-bus or analogue controls, etc?

Hi

Did anyone manage to fit the pajero sport steering wheel to their triton and get all the buttons to work (radio and cruise control)?

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4 Junky196 View Post
    Hi

Did anyone manage to fit the pajero sport steering wheel to their triton and get all the buttons to work (radio and cruise control)?
    Yep, that also looks a lot better than the stalk IMO. If I wanted this, I'd definitely try to go with the PS's wheel fitted with buttons instead. Would also like the radio controls - just so as to have that extra luxury.

Not that I need a c/c, but just nice to have - the only one I ever used was on an old platcar. Actually found I didn't like it too much, since I had to turn it on/off way more often than I felt necessary. You really notice how inconsistent other drivers keep their speed when you use c/c. On open road with little traffic it's a very nice thing, but where there's traffic it actually scares you.
    2000 Hilux 3000D 4x4 DC - Sold
    Now: 2010 Triton 3.2DiD 4x4 D/C AT
    ---
    Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves. - Norm Franz
    And central banks are the slave clearing houses

No news from me...nor do I have the finances to do it right now

Quote Originally Posted by irneb View Post
    Yep, that also looks a lot better than the stalk IMO. If I wanted this, I'd definitely try to go with the PS's wheel fitted with buttons instead. Would also like the radio controls - just so as to have that extra luxury.

Not that I need a c/c, but just nice to have - the only one I ever used was on an old platcar. Actually found I didn't like it too much, since I had to turn it on/off way more often than I felt necessary. You really notice how inconsistent other drivers keep their speed when you use c/c. On open road with little traffic it's a very nice thing, but where there's traffic it actually scares you.
    I think that is why the new radar-guided cruise control systems are such a good thing - can't wait for second hands cars with this fitted to become affordable

Quote Originally Posted by Lou07 View Post
    I think that is why the new radar-guided cruise control systems are such a good thing - can't wait for second hands cars with this fitted to become affordable
    Now that would be awesome. I wonder if such can be done through these after market guys - it might then be worth the R6k.

At least then I'd be able to use it much more - at present if I drive from JHB to Nelspruit I'd only be able to engage c/c at around Middleburg. Same goes for the N3 - only around Heidelburg would it become useful (if traffic is very light).
    ---
    Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves. - Norm Franz

Irneb so you have the pajero sport steering wheel in your triton with all the fancy steering wheel controls?

please post some photos and share some info on cost, suppliers of the necessities etc. I would love that in my triton!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4 Junky196 View Post
    Irneb so you have the pajero sport steering wheel in your triton with all the fancy steering wheel controls?

please post some photos and share some info on cost, suppliers of the necessities etc. I would love that in my triton!!
    Nooo! That's what I would've liked .

I've seen the after-market stuff. But as mentioned in this thread they all look like an affix after the fact. Even if the labour is done "perfectly" the colour / texture / signage of the staff sticking out the side of the steering column is never exact, not to mention it just looks weird.

That's why I didn't bother with c/c in the Triti. IMO if it can't be done "right" then don't do it. Though I cannot imagine why the PS's wheel cannot be used for this. Might need extra cabling, but that can be hidden inside the column can't it?
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by Ian - SA View Post
    Awesome info, got a feeling I'll need to replace the brake switch as well. But I will see if the light activates when i get the switch.
    Hi Ian, I see in your signature it says the triton has cruise control please give an update on what you did, etc.

I ordered the C/C switch, the steering wheel harness and the clutch switch.

The steering harness fitted to clockspring connector but there was no terminals where it plugged in , so before ordering the clock spring I first checked to make sure there was a connector for the Clutch switch.

there was no spare connector that matched the the clutch switch.

In short - seems the dash harness hasn't the wiring for the cruise control.

So fitted a Besteck unit instead, got a discount because I had a clutch switch already. sucks really
    2011 Amarok 120kw 4Motion - STT Rocksliders, 265/65 R17 Yokohama Geolander AT G015, In Dash Navi & reverse Cam, Rogue Performance Downpipe.

2006 Jurgens Xplorer

Previously owned
    -----------------------------------------------
    2007 Pajero GLX - Opposite Lock Deluxe B/bar, Tough Dog Coils & Shocks, VRS 9500lb Winch, Stofpad Engine & Gearbox bash plate, Kumho ATS 265/65/R17, Takla s/covers, In-Dash Navi, Extended Mudflaps, Dual battery management system.
    2011 Triton 3.2 DiD D/cab 4x4 - 265/65/R17 Hankook DynaPro AT-M, Viair compressor, Stofpad Rock Sliders, custom rubber mats, Cruise control
    2000 Land Rover Discovery 2 TD5 XS - 245/70/R16 Good Year Wrangler A/T, Off road bumper, Terrafirma coil conversion + 40mm lift, CDL fitted, Hawkeye diagnostic unit,

Quote Originally Posted by Ian - SA View Post
    I ordered the C/C switch, the steering wheel harness and the clutch switch.

The steering harness fitted to clockspring connector but there was no terminals where it plugged in , so before ordering the clock spring I first checked to make sure there was a connector for the Clutch switch.

there was no spare connector that matched the the clutch switch.

In short - seems the dash harness hasn't the wiring for the cruise control.

So fitted a Besteck unit instead, got a discount because I had a clutch switch already. sucks really
    So is your cruise control now working through the c/c stalk from Bestech or have you managed to use steering wheel buttons?

Through the Bestec Stalk, the bestec system wasn't compatible with the Original part.
    2011 Amarok 120kw 4Motion - STT Rocksliders, 265/65 R17 Yokohama Geolander AT G015, In Dash Navi & reverse Cam, Rogue Performance Downpipe.

2006 Jurgens Xplorer

Previously owned
    -----------------------------------------------
    2007 Pajero GLX - Opposite Lock Deluxe B/bar, Tough Dog Coils & Shocks, VRS 9500lb Winch, Stofpad Engine & Gearbox bash plate, Kumho ATS 265/65/R17, Takla s/covers, In-Dash Navi, Extended Mudflaps, Dual battery management system.
    2011 Triton 3.2 DiD D/cab 4x4 - 265/65/R17 Hankook DynaPro AT-M, Viair compressor, Stofpad Rock Sliders, custom rubber mats, Cruise control
    2000 Land Rover Discovery 2 TD5 XS - 245/70/R16 Good Year Wrangler A/T, Off road bumper, Terrafirma coil conversion + 40mm lift, CDL fitted, Hawkeye diagnostic unit,

Oh ok cool, thanks for all the info

Getting the Bestec unit installed now, picked it up for R3k incl fitment.
    Nissan Navara v9x
    Ford Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost
    And.... A pile of rust some say is a 60 series with two ventilators to help it move along.

Heimrich Swart

Brilliant products are ruined by incompetent suppliers.

Quote Originally Posted by Swartjan View Post
    Getting the Bestec unit installed now, picked it up for R3k incl fitment.
    Where Did you get it at that price?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast