What to do, and where to go at Tzaneen

Default What to do, and where to go at Tzaneen

Hi all, it's been a while now when me, my wife and 2 kiddies have done something. It's always just staying at home. We stay in Polokwane, and as far as I can tell, there's not really nice places to go to here.

We have never explored Tzaneen and surroundings. What can we do there, see, or explore in that part of our country? Bungy jumping and the like isn't an option, our kiddies are 4 and 2 years old. Maybe picnic places, short hiking, fishing?

Hi Jacqvt

Magoebaskloof is about an 50 minute drive from Polokwane and is really a special place. Some very nice accomodation, fly-fishing, waterfalls, nice restaurants and pubs etc.

Then about an hour from Tzaneen is Eiland resort (near Letsitele) which is always a hit with the kids. Really a lot to do in the whole area. There is a lot of other options, let me think and tell
    Toyota Land Cruiser S/W

Take a recce first. Go via Magoebas to Tz. Then back via Georges . Plan a longer visit that way.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    There is no task too simple for some people to complicate !

Chev Aveo and Atos and Polo.

Quote Originally Posted by kallie404 View Post
    Hi Jacqvt

Magoebaskloof is about an 50 minute drive from Polokwane and is really a special place. Some very nice accomodation, fly-fishing, waterfalls, nice restaurants and pubs etc.

Then about an hour from Tzaneen is Eiland resort (near Letsitele) which is always a hit with the kids. Really a lot to do in the whole area. There is a lot of other options, let me think and tell
    I drove that road many times before, but always just to tzaneen town and back. Nothing in between. I will google too for some advice on what to do. We have been to Eiland resort also, have a lot of bad memories. Me and wify wasn't exactly on the same page, so we went there with the kids. My wife ended up in hospital the one night, busy dehydrating with a running tummy. But one thing I can say, Eiland helped us a lot. But thats things for the past.

Quote Originally Posted by duncang View Post
    Take a recce first. Go via Magoebas to Tz. Then back via Georges . Plan a longer visit that way.

Are the roads better now? I went there almost a year ago, and there was a lot of road workings.

There is a picnic spot at Debegini waterfal,fishing,(Bass and Carp) Tzaneen dam either at Hans Merensky nature reserve or jetty 3 both have braai facilitys with toilets.Haenertsburg have some nice shops,if you in to fly fishing contac jason at the tackle shop in Haenertsburg next to the foodzone.Picnic spot near Dap Naude dap nice a peace full.There is still some road works,but if you take the Houtbos dorp road you will miss them all and get some nice scenery.

Bit more info on Houtbos road ? Im there next week on way to Letaba.Staying at Pennefather first night.

Pennefather is in Haenertsburg if im right,just use the R71 it will be faster.Just before the university of the north at the sasol garage/KFC/Spar turn left folow the road for +- 23km turn right,(Dap Naude dam or Veekraal) follow your Gps or map theres about three places where you can join up with the R71.

You will be wasting your time going via houtbosdorp road. It is a lot further. Rather just go through the one stop & go.
    Land Rover Defender 110 CSW Puma
    Land Rover Defender 100 PU V8
    Jaguar XF
    Jaguar XJS V12

Ok , thanks guys. Just thought I had missed out on something. Yes Pennefather is there. Lovely spot, we stayed there in December.

Thanks guys, will try the places mentioned. Much appreciated.