Trip Report: Zambia & Zimbabwe Aug/Sep 2012 - Kafue, South Luangwa and Mana Pools - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thanks Duncs. I would rather be in Mana Pools right now too

I'm wondering why...
    Pierre
    -------------------------------------------------------------

This is, without doubt, the best trip report I have read and the photos are amazing (what camera/lens do you use?). The amount of effort that has gone into this is highly appreciated by all your readers. It is so useful to me personally as we will be going to Mana Pools, South Luanga, and probably Kafue in the second half of June.
    After reading this report I can't wait to get there. My only regret is that we will not be staying at any of the private campsites you mention at Mana Pools. However, we do have a river-front site at the main campsite.

Thank you for your kind words 50something!! I am happy all the effort is helpful and getting people excited about their upcoming travels!

I use a Canon 550D + 100-400L Lens, and a lot of patience

You will have a great time in Nyamepi - the view is gorgeous & it gives you plenty of opportunity to interact with other people to glean information about sightings

Wishing you a wonderful trip - I have no doubt you will enjoy it!

Alison,I started to re-read your excellent report....Did you use the ATI-Holidays for the Zambian campsite bookings as well?

I'm planning trip to Zambia ,but good booking aget is missing....

-juha

Hi Juha,

Sorry for late reply but I am not checking this forum too often at the moment. For the Zambia campsites I booked myself - or rather I just dropped them a mail letting them know I will be there. No money paid upfront - so it is easy to book yourself there by just dropping the lodges/campsites an email. I guess most of the time you really don't need a booking - The only "crowded" campsite we found was Mayukuyuku in Kafue. They also have very few spots facing the river so you might want to book for that one if you are planning to visit that area. Hope this helps!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by cheetah80 View Post
    Hi Juha,

Sorry for late reply but I am not checking this forum too often at the moment. For the Zambia campsites I booked myself - or rather I just dropped them a mail letting them know I will be there. No money paid upfront - so it is easy to book yourself there by just dropping the lodges/campsites an email. I guess most of the time you really don't need a booking - The only "crowded" campsite we found was Mayukuyuku in Kafue. They also have very few spots facing the river so you might want to book for that one if you are planning to visit that area. Hope this helps!
    Hi,

Last time in Zam: North and South Luangwa, Kasanka, Lusaka, Kafue (North), Liuwa (more or less one month in October), did not make any reservations, always had room for two Landy Campers and two dome tents..

Cheers...

Alison, thanks for a great trip report and awesome fotos. Would love to be able to follow your trek myself. Thanks again.
    John
    1949 Series 1 80" 2.0l rover engine.Also Sold
    1969 Series 2a 109" safari. 3.5l rover engine, 4sp Range Rover ZF g/box. 3.5 diffs Sold. Will miss her lots
    1999 Disco ii 4.0l v8 Auto box

Thanks for your very helpful reply cheetah80!

I've read maybe the whole Zambian sector here and I noticed,that Zambia N.P. can do with out reservations.Like we did in the "old" times in Botswana...

-juha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2