Gala Gala Eco Resort Mozambique question.

Default Gala Gala Eco Resort Mozambique question.

I have been invited to camp at Gala Gala Eco Lodge over Christmas and New Year this December (2015/16).

I know that Ponta is a bit of a mad house in December, but I am reading that Gala Gala is a few Kms away from the town, and is relatively private and quite.

We will be camping (4 adults and 5 kids).

Just like to know if anyone has stayed there (especially over December), and can give me their impressions of the site as well as the claim that it is relatively private and quiet.
    Please also comment on facilities and dive operation if possible.

Andre

I have never camped there, but have stayed in the lodge over December. It is a few km's from the hustle and bustle of Ponta which becomes absolute mayhem in December. Gala Gala is very quiet, and Mike who operates the dive charter from there is probably the best skipper and divemaster you could dive with at Ponta if that is your thing.

I've only driven around the campsite which is fairly extensive. The sites are separated with reed walls and bush. I think most have their own ablutions and water/electricity point but speak under correction. Most sites have shade but I did notice one or two that have no shade and would probably be quite hot in December.

Again, I've never camped there, and it's never been packed when I've been there. However, I know that the owners are quite adamant about being eco-friendly and no music etc. is allowed, so I'm sure you will be fine. I've never heard any noise from the camp sites in the times we have been there

It's only a short drive to the beach. There's also a separate beach behind Gala Gala which you can access and is very quiet. Will definitely be a much better option than the sardine can main campground.
    Last edited by terratiger; 2015/07/01 at 02:35 PM.

You can go fast but....I can go anywhere!

Thanks so much for the comment - it really helps a lot!