How many Ford Ranger T6 Owners / How many problems - Page 43





View Poll Results: Number of Ranger Owners and if you had problems

Voters
404. You may not vote on this poll
  • 3.2 Auto - No Mechanical issues

    117 28.96%
  • 3.2 Manual - No Mechanical issues

    63 15.59%
  • 3.2 Auto - Minor issues (Rust under seat, Radio, Aircon, etc)

    23 5.69%
  • 3.2 Manual - Minor issues (Rust under seat, Radio, Aircon, etc)

    21 5.20%
  • 3.2 Auto - Mayor issues ( Engine dead, Gearbox dead, etc)

    27 6.68%
  • 3.2 Manual - Mayor issues ( Engine dead, Gearbox dead, etc)

    23 5.69%
  • 2.2 Auto - No Mechanical issues

    8 1.98%
  • 2.2 Manual - No Mechanical issues

    77 19.06%
  • 2.2 Auto - Minor issues (Rust under seat, Radio, Aircon, etc)

    1 0.25%
  • 2.2 Manual - Minor issues (Rust under seat, Radio, Aircon, etc)

    19 4.70%
  • 2.2 Auto - Mayor issues ( Engine dead, Gearbox dead, etc)

    1 0.25%
  • 2.2 Manual - Mayor issues ( Engine dead, Gearbox dead, etc)

    24 5.94%
Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 18 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 860 of 1049
  1. #841
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    phuket thailand
    Age
    76
    Posts
    5
    Thanked: 1

    Default

    I live in Phuket Thailand and got delivery of our ford 2.2 4x4 auto wildtrack in sept 2012, ordered in jan 2012 and told delivery would be in april 2012, ford salespeople
    are usually not honest with what they tell you here
    First 26,000 klm/15 months thought it was the best vehicle I have ever bought then
    started having problems with the auto transmission
    This problem has been ongoing for at least 9 months and 14000 klm, originally on occasions would stick in 3rd gear and not change gears, ford motor company told my wife to stop and restart the engine and then it would work properly which it does but they keep telling us they don't normally have problems with their auto transmissions
    After 8 times in the ford workshop for periods from 4 hours to 6 days its now worse than ever
    After pulling of in the morning it jumps into 3rd gear every day and you have to pull over and stop and restart the engine and then it will work properly, if you keep driving without doing this it stays in 3rd gear and when you stop the vehicle and restart the engine after as little as 30 minutes the engine warning light comes on and stops on no matter how many times you stop and restart the engine
    Plenty of rangers for sale on the edge of the road by private sellers and I think that speaks for itself, very poor resale value for fords in Thailand, people won't buy them because of poor quality servicing and very expensive parts
    One of the parts so far replaced under warranty is the gear change assembly on top of the gearbox, made of plastic with one electric cable coming from it, you had to pay for it costs the same as a 2 door Panasonic 14 cubic foot upside down fridge freezer
    latest model with inverter motor and LED lighting
    Also the light in the third quarter of the tachometer/RPM counter was flickering, not a simple light bulb replacement, the dash gauges/meters are a sealed single LED unit and costs about $300 USD to replace if you have to pay for it
    I cannot wait to buy another ford, joking of coarse

  2. #842
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,820
    Thanked: 10

    Default

    I am getting quite fedup of Ford and T6 problems.

    as soon as my trade value equals my bank settlement, I am out of it.
    Currently do not own a 4x4, driving a sedan
    Ex: 2013 Ford Ranger 3.2 XLT 4x4 auto
    Ex: 2012 Ford Ranger 3.2 XLT 4x4 auto
    Ex: 2013 Ford Ranger 2.2 XLS 2WD manual
    Ex: 2009 Mazda BT50 3.0 CRDi double cab manual

  3. #843
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    George
    Age
    53
    Posts
    1,467
    Thanked: 99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andz View Post
    I am getting quite fedup of the Ford section on this forum and constant trolls always claiming severe problems.
    Sorry - fixed ....
    Any case - that's my sentiment! I'm not denying the existence of any problems - but I don't belief it's worse than other manufacturers - definelately not my experience in real life!

    Don't let the critics & sour-grapes ruin your experience of a fantastic vehicle!

    This is how I feel about "their" opinion:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2017 Ranger 2.2 XL D/Cab
    2018 Polo Vivo (Mom's taxi)
    2014 BMW F800GSA
    1968 Ford 20M 2500S coupe

  4. #844
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Nelspruit
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,716
    Thanked: 477

    Default

    Well in a couple of days my T6 2.2 Supercab will be 3 years old and I have now done 186k. When the time comes I will replace with another Ranger. Problems experienced:

    1. Load bin cracking. Ford did the repair. I fitted the brackets. Done more than 100k since with no problems.
    2. Had to replace the diff lock motor in the diff. I am still not sure if it really was the motor or just cut wires as some other guys experienced.

    Some other stats:

    1. Average fuel consumption - 9.4l/100km or 10.64km/l
    2. Running cost (fuel, service, repairs, etc.) - R1.48/km or 0.68km/R. All costs are Excluding VAT.

    From discussions here I do get the impression that more problems/unhappiness comes from the 3.2 side. Then again it is more usual for people to discuss problems than things that goes right.

  5. #845
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    George
    Age
    53
    Posts
    1,467
    Thanked: 99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniek View Post
    Well in a couple of days my T6 2.2 Supercab will be 3 years old and I have now done 186k. When the time comes I will replace with another Ranger. Problems experienced:

    1. Load bin cracking. Ford did the repair. I fitted the brackets. Done more than 100k since with no problems.
    2. Had to replace the diff lock motor in the diff. I am still not sure if it really was the motor or just cut wires as some other guys experienced.

    Some other stats:

    1. Average fuel consumption - 9.4l/100km or 10.64km/l
    2. Running cost (fuel, service, repairs, etc.) - R1.48/km or 0.68km/R. All costs are Excluding VAT.

    From discussions here I do get the impression that more problems/unhappiness comes from the 3.2 side. Then again it is more usual for people to discuss problems than things that goes right.

    Thank you!!!
    2017 Ranger 2.2 XL D/Cab
    2018 Polo Vivo (Mom's taxi)
    2014 BMW F800GSA
    1968 Ford 20M 2500S coupe

  6. #846
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Bultfontein
    Age
    33
    Posts
    308
    Thanked: 8

    Default

    I agree. I also dont ignore the fact that there are problems, but of all the guys I know with Fords, only one engine broke. And the guy was quite satisfied by the way Ford dealt with it. I have done 100000km in a 2.2, 100000 in a manual 3.2 and now almost 60 000 in my auto 3.2 and have only been happy thus far.

    Call it luck if you wish, but the more I drive, the luckier I get...

  7. #847
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Nassau
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4
    Thanked: 0

    Default 2014 T6 2.2 XLT No Problems

    I have had no issues, love my truck.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

    Born to Fish, Forced to Work
    8)

  8. #848
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ceres/Hamlet & Strand
    Age
    44
    Posts
    701
    Thanked: 57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by streco View Post
    I have had no issues, love my truck.
    +1
    2010 Ford Ranger 2.5TD XLT 4X4

  9. #849
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Bloemfontein
    Age
    53
    Posts
    436
    Thanked: 1

    Default

    + 1. Dit was van dag 1 af net 'n groot plesier en nou 2 jaar later 'n nog groter plesier.
    2013 Ford Ranger 3.2 D/C Auto

  10. #850
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,820
    Thanked: 10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ha-Ka View Post
    Sorry - fixed ....
    Any case - that's my sentiment! I'm not denying the existence of any problems - but I don't belief it's worse than other manufacturers - definelately not my experience in real life!

    Don't let the critics & sour-grapes ruin your experience of a fantastic vehicle!

    This is how I feel about "their" opinion:

    Nice, what a buddy......

    I was just venting a bit. I am on my 4th T6 Ranger.

    1st was accident damaged at factory when new and then repaired. this was hidden from me when I purchased it as a new vehicle until all the issues arose. then For SA shrugged their shoulders and Fury Sandton stepped up and replaced it.
    2nd Ranger was perfect absolutely no issues. buth I longed for 4x4. so I traded it in on a XLT 4x4 Auto
    3rd Ranger was the above mentioned XLT, bought on 32000km, I soon realised why it was traded in, vibrations in engine. 12 visits to dealer later, engine was replaced and workshop badly damaged my vehicle in the process. so that was traded in by the dealer on my current Ranger
    4th Ranger. I currently have this one and it was perfect. I got it on 40 000km and there no no issues. So i spent the money and added all the bits to it. I had a software upgrade done at the dealer 5 weeks back. since then fuel consumption way high (16.2l/100km) and noises in engine.
    today I am told the turbo has failed. it is on order.

    So Please allow me a little grace by venting on the forum..

    I still love my Ranger... I have just had my fair share of issues.

    To date: since April 2013 when I sold my 2009 BT 50 and bought my first T6 XLS I have had over 100 dealer visits to repair the issues mentioned above.

    Edit: Re reading my comment, I see it did come accross as really vague and attacking. Sorry guys It wasnt the intention. lesson is dont text or comment when angry..
    Last edited by Andz; 2015/03/05 at 02:38 PM.
    Currently do not own a 4x4, driving a sedan
    Ex: 2013 Ford Ranger 3.2 XLT 4x4 auto
    Ex: 2012 Ford Ranger 3.2 XLT 4x4 auto
    Ex: 2013 Ford Ranger 2.2 XLS 2WD manual
    Ex: 2009 Mazda BT50 3.0 CRDi double cab manual

  11. #851
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    HoneyDew
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,166
    Thanked: 4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andz View Post
    \So i spent the money and added all the bits to it. I had a software upgrade done at the dealer 5 weeks back. since then fuel consumption way high (16.2l/100km) and noises in engine.
    today I am told the turbo has failed. it is on order.
    .
    Eish.
    Off all the Rangers I thought yours were Perfect!

    get them to refund you for the Turbo and Get that one form Euro Speed.
    Last edited by ZS6LSC GP; 2015/03/05 at 02:33 PM.
    FordRanger T6 / 3.2 XLT 4x4 Auto.
    The 3Ton Gravel Road Monster over weekends.
    The Pavement Special in the week.
    Since March 2013
    ConquerorComfort.
    Camping instyle since January 2012.

    HAM CallSign: ZS6LSC
    ORRA CallSign:AG34


    <a href="http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/ranger/2013/zs6lsc/172702" target="_blank"><a href="https://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric2/172702.png" target="_blank"><a href="https://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric2/172702.png" target="_blank">

  12. #852
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,820
    Thanked: 10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZS6LSC GP View Post
    Eish.
    Off all the Rangers I thought yours were Perfect!

    get them to refund you for the Turbo and Get that one form Euro Speed.

    I also thought this one was perfect. hopefully the Turbo is the solution.
    earlier they told me it was the throttle body but tests carried out changed their minds. fingers crossed.

    I am collecting it today as it still drives fine for now. will rebook when part arrives
    Currently do not own a 4x4, driving a sedan
    Ex: 2013 Ford Ranger 3.2 XLT 4x4 auto
    Ex: 2012 Ford Ranger 3.2 XLT 4x4 auto
    Ex: 2013 Ford Ranger 2.2 XLS 2WD manual
    Ex: 2009 Mazda BT50 3.0 CRDi double cab manual

  13. #853
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Boksburg
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,272
    Thanked: 155

    Default

    Andz
    I feel your pain it is very simple one pays a lot of money for a vehicle fix your problems get it sorted give good service to the customer and and he will return for his next vehicle if I dint receive good service from my dealer I would have bought something else by now but i will go back to him due to his good service.

  14. #854
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    George
    Age
    53
    Posts
    1,467
    Thanked: 99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andz View Post
    Nice, what a buddy......

    I was just venting a bit. I am on my 4th T6 Ranger.

    1st was accident damaged at factory when new and then repaired. this was hidden from me when I purchased it as a new vehicle until all the issues arose. then For SA shrugged their shoulders and Fury Sandton stepped up and replaced it.
    2nd Ranger was perfect absolutely no issues. buth I longed for 4x4. so I traded it in on a XLT 4x4 Auto
    3rd Ranger was the above mentioned XLT, bought on 32000km, I soon realised why it was traded in, vibrations in engine. 12 visits to dealer later, engine was replaced and workshop badly damaged my vehicle in the process. so that was traded in by the dealer on my current Ranger
    4th Ranger. I currently have this one and it was perfect. I got it on 40 000km and there no no issues. So i spent the money and added all the bits to it. I had a software upgrade done at the dealer 5 weeks back. since then fuel consumption way high (16.2l/100km) and noises in engine.
    today I am told the turbo has failed. it is on order.

    So Please allow me a little grace by venting on the forum..

    I still love my Ranger... I have just had my fair share of issues.

    To date: since April 2013 when I sold my 2009 BT 50 and bought my first T6 XLS I have had over 100 dealer visits to repair the issues mentioned above.

    Edit: Re reading my comment, I see it did come accross as really vague and attacking. Sorry guys It wasnt the intention. lesson is dont text or comment when angry..

    Now I really understand your frustration !!!
    Hope your bakkie gets sorted perfectly!!!
    2017 Ranger 2.2 XL D/Cab
    2018 Polo Vivo (Mom's taxi)
    2014 BMW F800GSA
    1968 Ford 20M 2500S coupe

  15. #855
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,820
    Thanked: 10

    Default

    Thanx Ha-Ka
    Currently do not own a 4x4, driving a sedan
    Ex: 2013 Ford Ranger 3.2 XLT 4x4 auto
    Ex: 2012 Ford Ranger 3.2 XLT 4x4 auto
    Ex: 2013 Ford Ranger 2.2 XLS 2WD manual
    Ex: 2009 Mazda BT50 3.0 CRDi double cab manual

  16. #856
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gauteng
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,248
    Thanked: 17

    Default

    Oh guys. All I can say is leave the country and go drive a plat kar for 3 months. You will all forget your problems and be happy with your Rangers. I'm as happy as a pig in ............... Road trip for a week starting tomorrow then back to Zim and missing my Ranger.
    2013 Ford Ranger 3.2 Supercab 4x4

    PBE Duel battery system
    Ironman front bumper
    Ironman suspension 70mm lift
    Ironman Snorkel
    Ironman Rocksliders
    Custom built hunting rack/canopy
    Escape Gear seat covers
    Black Rhino Imperial Rims
    Maxxis Bighorn 764 265/70R17
    Stofpad Bashplate & gearbox plate
    CobraX spats
    Easyawn RTT
    Gerbers 83L Long Range Tank
    More soon



  17. #857
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Live : Bethal , Work : Saudi
    Age
    37
    Posts
    4,177
    Thanked: 231

    Default

    Since I fitted the lift in the Ranger the ABS light stays on and the diff lock doesn't work but I think the guys who did the fitment messed up
    One life Live it

    Take The Roads less traveled

    Alles in die lewe gebeur met n doel

  18. #858
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gauteng
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,248
    Thanked: 17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4x4 Bedinges View Post
    Since I fitted the lift in the Ranger the ABS light stays on and the diff lock doesn't work but I think the guys who did the fitment messed up
    If I may ask who did it. PM if you don't want to say on here. ABS wire are so thin and breaks so easy. Same with difflock wire
    2013 Ford Ranger 3.2 Supercab 4x4

    PBE Duel battery system
    Ironman front bumper
    Ironman suspension 70mm lift
    Ironman Snorkel
    Ironman Rocksliders
    Custom built hunting rack/canopy
    Escape Gear seat covers
    Black Rhino Imperial Rims
    Maxxis Bighorn 764 265/70R17
    Stofpad Bashplate & gearbox plate
    CobraX spats
    Easyawn RTT
    Gerbers 83L Long Range Tank
    More soon



  19. #859
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,820
    Thanked: 10

    Default

    that sounds like the guys who installed it messed up and pulled or trapped wiring.
    the spacer lift and shackles is a simple job.
    Currently do not own a 4x4, driving a sedan
    Ex: 2013 Ford Ranger 3.2 XLT 4x4 auto
    Ex: 2012 Ford Ranger 3.2 XLT 4x4 auto
    Ex: 2013 Ford Ranger 2.2 XLS 2WD manual
    Ex: 2009 Mazda BT50 3.0 CRDi double cab manual

  20. #860
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Live : Bethal , Work : Saudi
    Age
    37
    Posts
    4,177
    Thanked: 231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andz View Post
    that sounds like the guys who installed it messed up and pulled or trapped wiring.
    the spacer lift and shackles is a simple job.
    I suspect so Andz

    Will hear what Ford says when Swambo takes the trok in for his service and to sort that out.
    One life Live it

    Take The Roads less traveled

    Alles in die lewe gebeur met n doel

Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 18 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ford & Mazda Usefull Information *STICKY*
    By BigBear in forum Ford & Mazda
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 2019/06/07, 02:09 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 2015/09/01, 07:58 AM
  3. 2009 Ford Ranger Issues .......
    By Ranger SC in forum Ford & Mazda
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 2015/05/19, 09:24 AM
  4. New Ranger
    By Wise one in forum Ford & Mazda
    Replies: 374
    Last Post: 2012/03/09, 12:53 PM
  5. '09 Ford Ranger 3.0TDCI 4x4 Unresolved problems
    By Markk in forum Ford & Mazda
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 2009/10/12, 06:08 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •