Towing with Trailblazer

Default Towing with Trailblazer

Not 4x4 related but herewith some feedback on towing a fully loaded Sprite Swing caravan 1370 km down to the coast with my 2.8 AT TB.

Fuel consumption of 7.4km/l for the first half of the trip in strong cross wind and 8.2 km/l on the second half. Not bad in my opinion as I switched the cruise control to 110 km/h and it stayed there even on the long uphill sections - brilliant when towing. I get around 11.2 km/l on the open road when not towing.

All in all I am very impressed with a vehicle this far, not even a rattle yet. In general I think a completely different vehicle to the Captiva I used to drive.

Thanks Toyota for the terrible deal you offered me on trading the Captiva for a Fortuner. Having had such a terrible experience with the Captiva, I would have not even considered the TB.

Quote Originally Posted by RSS View Post
    Not 4x4 related but herewith some feedback on towing a fully loaded Sprite Swing caravan 1370 km down to the coast with my 2.8 AT TB.

Fuel consumption of 7.4km/l for the first half of the trip in strong cross wind and 8.2 km/l on the second half. Not bad in my opinion as I switched the cruise control to 110 km/h and it stayed there even on the long uphill sections - brilliant when towing. I get around 11.2 km/l on the open road when not towing.

All in all I am very impressed with a vehicle this far, not even a rattle yet. In general I think a completely different vehicle to the Captiva I used to drive.

Thanks Toyota for the terrible deal you offered me on trading the Captiva for a Fortuner. Having had such a terrible experience with the Captiva, I would have not even considered the TB.
    This is also good feedback, thanks. It does not have to be 4x4 related. Glad you are enjoying the TB.
    Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD6 4x4 MT
    Bush Lapa Miskruier 586
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFS..._as=subscriber
    4x4 Competency - Unit Standard 254135

Quote Originally Posted by RSS View Post

Thanks for the feedback.
    Real engines use spark plugs

2012 Trailblazer 3.6 V6
    2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 HEMI

Philip