Rancho RS9000 Shocks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Rancho RS9000 Shocks

I received the following information via email on the Rancho shocks. 10 out of 10 to them for monitoring and responding to this query raised!

Good day

I am not a member, but would like to offer some information on a topic that was in the forum (see attached below)

I am the product manager for Tenneco, manufacturers of Monroe and Rancho shocks, and was interested by the members posts below. For you members info,the unique Rancho RS9000 range is now thicker than the normal heavy duty shocks generally available (ie 2.75 inches), is tri-tube and cellular gas in design, and has a nine- way setting adjustment which can be adjusted without removing the shock. A remote dash-board control can also be purchased for "on the fly" adjustments for the best ride. Rancho is well know in the USA in off-road racing circles, and is one of the best shocks available in the world.

A limited RS9000 shock range will be available ex stock by Dec from Midas and Autozone outlets as well as many other distributors. The RS5000 range is non-adjustable. Any parts not carried in RSA such as the rest of the extensive shock range, springs, shackles, bushings, skidplates, adjustment controllers and full kits will be available via LA Sport outlets nationally with a wait of about two to three weeks.

Our Monroe range is made up of the Gas Magnum and Adventure sub-brands. The twin-tube Gas-Magnum is excellent value for money, and very durable. One up on this is the Monroe Adventure which is a high pressure mono-tube unit. These are available nationally via almost every distributor and fitment group.

Monroe is the worlds biggest selling shock absorber, and out of interest to the best of my knowledge also manufactures shocks for companies such as Camil, Old Man Emu and Pedders.

If you ever need any assistance or advise please drop me a line.

Regards

Philip Lutz
    Product Manager Ride Control
    Tenneco Southern Africa, Mnf of Monroe & Rancho shock absorbers

#1 03-01-07
    dcsmax
    Member Join Date: Sep 2006

Rancho RS5000 Shocks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct area to post this question, but the shocks is for a SJ410, so I guess its ok here.

Anybody know the Rancho RS5000 shocks?

Any experiences (good and Bad) please.

Who are the agents for the Rancho shocks in SA?

Has anybody imported them (is it worth it?)

Thanks
    Last edited by Dirk; 2007/09/28 at 12:50 PM.

iemand al die local pricing gecheck??
    Training: 4x4, bush mechanics, recovery, defensive, 4x4 trucks
    Supply and manufacture: Recovery gear, Custom 4x4 installations and manufacturing, 4x4 equipment
    Angel Construction
    Turnkey Construction solutions [Indoor shooting ranges, safe rooms, shops and shopfitting, Rainwater harvesting, Solar]
    IP CCTV, electric Fencing, Automation, Gates, Stainless steel Fabrication
    You name it, we can probably build or manufacture it.
    COMBAT19: Large scale fogging and decontamination
    [email protected]
    +27824453301

I queried the price, herewith their response:

As we do not sell directly to the public I cannot give you accurate pricing. But the average suggested retail price for the Rancho RS9000XL range is in the vicinity of R1400 per shock excl vat or fitment, but many outlets may discount up to 50% off this price.

ek het monroes op die datsun en is baie happy. Soek nou net die 9000 adjustable met die cab control!!
    Training: 4x4, bush mechanics, recovery, defensive, 4x4 trucks
    Supply and manufacture: Recovery gear, Custom 4x4 installations and manufacturing, 4x4 equipment
    Angel Construction
    Turnkey Construction solutions [Indoor shooting ranges, safe rooms, shops and shopfitting, Rainwater harvesting, Solar]
    IP CCTV, electric Fencing, Automation, Gates, Stainless steel Fabrication
    You name it, we can probably build or manufacture it.
    COMBAT19: Large scale fogging and decontamination
    [email protected]
    +27824453301

Philip

I hope you are stil monitoring this. I have a 2003 Pajero 3.5GLS 5 Door (Generation-3)

I have been around to more then one Monroe outlet and they all tell me that shocks for this model is not available yet. What is the issue here? Is it true that you guys will only have them in production next year?

I would also like to know if you make shocks for this vehicle in the Rancho RS9000 range as I quite like these shocks?

Default Monroe or Rancho shocks for a 2003 Pajero

Hi Bennie

We have now developed Monroe shocks for these model years, but will only receive our first stocks somewhere between Dec and Feb.
    The part numbers are: Front D8005 and Rear D7003 - they are Monroe Adventures. This excludes models with electronic suspension that will only be available from the agents.

To ensure they are the correct ones for your vehicle it would be best if you can give us the manufacturers MR... number (OE) on the outside of your current shocks so we can try to cross reference them. Do you know your model code ie K94W, V64W, V78W... etc. This may form part of your vehicle chassis number which can be found on a small plate in the engine bay.

Unfortunatly Rancho's have not yet been developed.

Regards
    Philip Lutz
    Pellmeadow Office Park, Block B, 2nd floor
    60 Civin Drive, Essexwold, Bedfordview, Johannesburg, 2007
    South Africa
    +27 11 574 5602 - Office
    +27 11 574 5617 / 8 - Fax
    [email protected] - e-mail
    www.monroe.co.za

Philip

Thanks. That was the same reply I got from the guys at Speedy Exhaust, but I cant wait that long for new shocks. I need something sooner. Is their now way you guys can make a plan to do a special order or something?

See our discussion on the Mitsubishi board as well:

http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...521#post122521
    Last edited by benhur; 2007/10/09 at 06:05 PM.

Philip

This is apparently the correct stock no's on your US Site:

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit Loubser View Post
    Bennie, here are the part numbers from the Monroe USA website:

Front:
    Reflex Struts, Part Number 931357
    OR
    Sensa-Trac Struts, Part Number 71357 (Apparently a new number and only available early next year)

Rear:
    Reflex Truck Shocks, Part Number 911250

Default Monroe or Rancho shocks for a 2003 Pajero

Bennie

Where possible we import from our factories in Europe as that is the division we fall under, and how we have structured our local range. Obviously should we get a specifica request we can import from the USA or any of our other factories from around the world but it still take 6 to 12 weeks depending on where it is coming from, and to airfreight (+-2 weeks) costs approx R2800 extra - not worth it.

However I have checked on the shipment of D8005 & D7003 coming in and we should hopefully get some in early next month.

Regards

Philip Lutz
    +27 11 574 5602 - Office
    www.monroe.co.za

With early next month do you mean November? Can you give us any idea of what the price will be?

Bennie
    Yes that is what is estimated at the moment. I have requested a more definite ETA from our European warehouse and shipping agents and will let you know as soon as I am advised.
    Regarding price; as I have said before as we do not sell directly to the public I can only offer a guideline price, you should be able to get a decent discount off this price. All prices are per shock excl vat, discount or fitment. Front D8005 = R1804 and Rear D7003 = R1012. The fronts are more expensive due to their coil-over springpan design.
    Regards
    Philip

Bennie
    Good news, the shipment is early and has already just landed and is being booked in.
    Regards Philip

Bennie
    Bad news, there is such a demand for the Gen 3 shocks that all of them are already booked on backorders. I have asked the warehouse to hold one set. Please advise soonest if you want them, and which shop you will be ordering through. Thx.
    Philip

Hi Philip and welcome to the 4x4community forum!

It is great to get some input from the manufaturers on the forum.

The Generation 3 Pajeros that were distributed through official channels (i.e. not grey imports) have the following model codes:

Short Wheelbase, 3.5 V6: V65W
    Short Wheelbase, 3.8 V6: V67W
    Short Wheelbase, 3.2 DiD: V68W

Long Wheelbase, 3.5 V6: V75W
    Long Wheelbase, 3.8 V6: V77W
    Long Wheelbase, 3.2 DiD: V78W

As far as I am aware, all these models use the same shock absorbers.

Now for some questions:
    • What are the open and closed lengths of the Monroe D8005 and D7003 shocks?
    There seems to be several different Monroe shock part numbers for these Pajeros:
    From Monroe SA:
    Front Monroe Adventure, Part Number D8005
    Rear Monroe Adventure, Part Number D7003

From Monroe USA:
    Front Monroe Reflex, Part Number 931357
    Rear Monroe Reflex, Part Number 911250

From Monroe Australia:
    Front Monroe Gas-Magnum TDT, Part Number 16-0506+
    Rear Monroe Gas-Magnum TDT, Part Number 16-0471+
    • Are these all different shocks or different numbers for the same thing?
    Many thanks for your trouble.
    Gerrit Loubser
    Richards Bay

Land Cruiser HDJ100

So far I got a price from Andre at Speedy Centurion for R 3566 excluding fitment, so it looks like they (Speedy) are offering 36% off the suggested retail and not 55% as he told me he would offer before he enquired on the actual suggested pricing from his supplier. So it is still more expensive then the IronMan which you can get at R 3400 (suggested retail without discount) for the set.

Quote Originally Posted by benhur View Post
    So it is still more expensive then the IronMan which you can get at R 3400 (suggested retail without discount) for the set.
    I wouldn't even think twice about going for Ironman.

2012 Jeep WK2 Limited CRD
    2" Murchison Lift
    265/65R18 Dick Cepek Trail Country
    TJM sidesteps
    Uneek4x4 Recovery points

Hi Philip, ok SOLD! reading the above thread has swung my mind to fit a set of Rancho RS9000 shocks to my vehicle! I drive a 2000 model Colt Rodeo 4x4 D/C.

One prob however... I have enquired with both Midas and Autozone and neither seem too afey with Rancho. Autozone has come back to me and informed that this is very new and with their HO allocating stock numbers to enable the stores to start selling.

One dissapointment though is they cant seem to find the RS9000 shocks for the front, and have quoted me RS5000's for the front.

Please could you check whether there is a possibility of installing the RS9000's to the front and rear., and if so what the relevant part numbers would be for my vehicle. Thanks kindly.

Default Rancho Shocks For Colt 4x4

Hi BGW

Yes - Unfortunatly Midas and AutoZone are still getting used to Rancho as a new product line, so they may not have all the info readily available.

The Colt's Rancho's that you speak about are for the older model not your 2000 model. At this point we have not officially listed Rancho's for yours and are still busy doing final checks. But the good news is that it appears that we will be listing the RS9000XL's adjustables for your model (front & rear). At this point the fronts will be RS999145 which is already a stock item and is available; the rear will more than likely be RS999114, but as this is a new number it will take a while before we get the stock in +-early May.

Regards
    Philip

That is good news and am sure it can wait til then - for the rear shocks that is!

One last thing, and if you would please excuse my ignorance...

1) would installing these shocks give a vehicle lift as in the Camil upgrades?

2) will it increase wheel travel / articulation?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast