Tyres that work on the Amarok - Page 12





Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 326
  1. #221
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Durban
    Age
    38
    Posts
    151

    Default Re: Tyres that work on the Amarok

    Hi Guys

    I'm interested in changing my 255/60/18's for 255/70/18's has anyone fitted these, and do they touch?
    2017 VW Amarok 3.0TDi 4m

  2. #222
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Amorosa
    Age
    33
    Posts
    250

    Default Re: Tyres that work on the Amarok

    Quote Originally Posted by hawker View Post
    Hi Guys

    I'm interested in changing my 255/60/18's for 255/70/18's has anyone fitted these, and do they touch?

    I wanted to ask this exact question, can get Yokohama Geolander G012 A/TS at a really cheap price. I do however suspect that they will be too large as the OD is increased by 51mm


    Current Tyre Proposed new tyre size
    Overall rolling diameter measurement763.20mm 814.20mm
    Sidewall height 153.00 178.50
    Last edited by richyv; 2017/05/23 at 12:43 PM.

  3. #223
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Midrand
    Age
    48
    Posts
    2,827

    Default Re: Tyres that work on the Amarok

    I have 265/70 r 17 which is okay in perilli but just touched with maxxis. Since your rim size is already 1inch greater and you are proposing a similar profile I would say it is unlikely to work well without some sort of lift. Just a suspicion and I would not take them unless you can try them out from lock to lock and under full articulation before paying.

  4. #224
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Midrand
    Age
    48
    Posts
    2,827

    Default Re: Tyres that work on the Amarok

    Oh and that extra diameter works great, but you feel it in the higher gears, especially when towing or loaded.

  5. #225
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Durban
    Age
    38
    Posts
    151

    Default Re: Tyres that work on the Amarok

    Quote Originally Posted by stephenplumb View Post
    I have 265/70 r 17 which is okay in perilli but just touched with maxxis. Since your rim size is already 1inch greater and you are proposing a similar profile I would say it is unlikely to work well without some sort of lift. Just a suspicion and I would not take them unless you can try them out from lock to lock and under full articulation before paying.
    265/70 17 = 31.5"

    255/70 18 = 32.1"

    0.6" Diameter = 0.3"radius = 7.62mm extra radius

    Going to wait to add new tires for now. But I think I have found the size I want. 32's will be good, lets hope the seikel 1" lift will aid it slightly.
    2017 VW Amarok 3.0TDi 4m

  6. #226
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,074

    Default Re: Tyres that work on the Amarok

    You might get away with the 255 because it's slightly narrower than the 265/70/17s. I have Cooper ST MAXX and they touch at full lock.I actually think a lift in the front makes it slightly worse because it moves the wheel slightly closer to the body.

  7. #227
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Durban
    Age
    38
    Posts
    151

    Default Re: Tyres that work on the Amarok

    Quote Originally Posted by JohanRoux View Post
    You might get away with the 255 because it's slightly narrower than the 265/70/17s. I have Cooper ST MAXX and they touch at full lock.I actually think a lift in the front makes it slightly worse because it moves the wheel slightly closer to the body.
    I'm trying to find a used set to try out.
    2017 VW Amarok 3.0TDi 4m

  8. #228
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Durbanville
    Age
    65
    Posts
    213

    Default Re: Tyres that work on the Amarok

    The big question is what do you get with fuel consumption on the news tyres , i read some got better and some got worse, but its still too few to judge what consumption will be over the long period
    i have standard continental gross contact 245x65x17 and got 10.3 km per liter up to 26000 km, after 30000 km the consumption is 11.2 km per liter? maybe vehicle is now properly run in?
    i am looking to replace with Bridgestone duellers 265x65x 17
    2015 amarok 132 kw auto - 4 motion
    Any pointers

  9. #229
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Amorosa
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,422

    Default Re: Tyres that work on the Amarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Reccepops View Post
    The big question is what do you get with fuel consumption on the news tyres , i read some got better and some got worse, but its still too few to judge what consumption will be over the long period
    i have standard continental gross contact 245x65x17 and got 10.3 km per liter up to 26000 km, after 30000 km the consumption is 11.2 km per liter? maybe vehicle is now properly run in?
    i am looking to replace with Bridgestone duellers 265x65x 17
    2015 amarok 132 kw auto - 4 motion
    Any pointers
    I get around 10 with 265/65/17
    Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD6 4x4 MT
    Bush Lapa Miskruier 586
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFS..._as=subscriber
    4x4 Competency - Unit Standard 254135

  10. #230
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Midrand
    Age
    48
    Posts
    2,827

    Default Re: Tyres that work on the Amarok

    Clearly I drive like miss daisy. I got 10.4l/100km driving down to dbn with a reasonable load and boat in tow. Expect around early 11's on the way home.
    In general I consider anything above 8,5l/100km to be on the heavy side.

    I have 265/70r 17, 90kw double cab with canopy but otherwise very standard

  11. #231
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Midrand
    Age
    48
    Posts
    2,827

    Default Re: Tyres that work on the Amarok

    Ps towing I will usually stick to 100-110 and slower if the speed limit specifies.
    Generally around the same sort of speeds without load.

  12. #232
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    otjiwarongo
    Age
    48
    Posts
    990

    Default Re: Tyres that work on the Amarok

    any body fitted good year adventure tyres? any comments? I need to decide between them or pirelli scorpions?


    2017 VW Amarok BiTDi 4Motion D/Cab
    2020 VW T Cross Highline R Line
    2019 Bushlapa Miskruier 1616

  13. #233
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Glenconnor
    Age
    67
    Posts
    487

    Default Re: Tyres that work on the Amarok

    Quote Originally Posted by hein100 View Post
    any body fitted good year adventure tyres? any comments? I need to decide between them or pirelli scorpions?
    Do not know the Good Years but have heard good reports.
    Exceptionally happy with the Pirelli Scorpions.

  14. #234
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    otjiwarongo
    Age
    48
    Posts
    990

    Default Re: Tyres that work on the Amarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Amarok4 View Post
    Do not know the Good Years but have heard good reports.
    Exceptionally happy with the Pirelli Scorpions.
    I have the pirelli scorpions on my treg and so far so good. treg obvious don't do much gravel and no off road at all. I fitted the good years so will see how they go


    2017 VW Amarok BiTDi 4Motion D/Cab
    2020 VW T Cross Highline R Line
    2019 Bushlapa Miskruier 1616

  15. #235
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Secunda
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15

    Default Re: Tyres that work on the Amarok

    I have the new 2017 Amarok. According to the Sales person, the front suspension was changed in the new model. Has anyone tried fitting 265/60 R18 to the new Amarok? They come standard with the 255/60 R18, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with larger tyres in the Cooper range on a stock Double cab?
    2017 VW Amarok Bi-TDi 4Motion Auto
    2008 Toyota Rav4 VX D-4D

  16. #236
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    33
    Posts
    246

    Default Re: Tyres that work on the Amarok

    I currently have 265/65/R17s on. Works like a charm.

  17. #237
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    47
    Posts
    52

    Default Re: Tyres that work on the Amarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Amarok4 View Post
    Do not know the Good Years but have heard good reports.
    Exceptionally happy with the Pirelli Scorpions.
    Scorpions without a doubt.
    Always look for reasons why things can be done

    Amarok 4motion 8 speed Auto
    Golf 7 GTi DSG 2015

  18. #238
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Secunda
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15

    Default Re: Tyres that work on the Amarok

    Quote Originally Posted by echochaser View Post
    I currently have 265/65/R17s on. Works like a charm.
    Echochaser, no rubbing on inner wishbones or chassis? What year model do you have? Did spare fit in wheelwell? I see your set up will be slightly more on circumfrance variance wen compared to the 265/60 R18... thanks for the info.
    2017 VW Amarok Bi-TDi 4Motion Auto
    2008 Toyota Rav4 VX D-4D

  19. #239
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Okahandja
    Age
    54
    Posts
    855

    Default Re: Tyres that work on the Amarok

    I have 265/70/R16 on the SC and 265/65/R17 on DC and both fit. 265/60/R18 is the same diameter and should fit.

  20. #240
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    33
    Posts
    246

    Default Re: Tyres that work on the Amarok

    Quote Originally Posted by taylorns View Post
    Echochaser, no rubbing on inner wishbones or chassis? What year model do you have? Did spare fit in wheelwell? I see your set up will be slightly more on circumfrance variance wen compared to the 265/60 R18... thanks for the info.
    Hi

    Nope. All good. My friend has 18 rims with the same OD tyre.
    I have a 2011. Went offroading aswell and no rubbing at all.

    All fits great AND looks great.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Offroad Tyres and Rims (Colt)
    By Sherrit in forum Tyre chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 2017/06/15, 09:55 PM
  2. Jimny - Standard Tyre's Mileage
    By HLOURENS in forum Suzuki
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2012/09/18, 04:22 PM
  3. Amarok tyres
    By stephenplumb in forum Volkswagen
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 2012/08/06, 07:27 PM
  4. Road Biased Tyres for a Defender (110 2005)
    By dlevett in forum Tyre chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 2008/03/19, 04:03 PM
  5. Which type of tyres work for you
    By Big Hilux in forum Tyre chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2007/01/20, 01:40 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •