Electronic 4WD reset Procedure - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

We sell car parts, but as far as I know you can only get it at the dealers, I will let you know if I find an alternative.

I can get a Isuzu reverse light switch for an older model that is NC.
    I will order one and measure it to see if it will work. The plug is different, but you can probably use the old one.
    The Echlin switch is about R305 and the cheaper no-name brand one is about R70.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by adri76; 2015/08/18 at 10:42 AM.

I wonder why Isuzu would change the reverse light switch from NC to NO on the D-Teq, all previous models up to 2004 used a NC switch.

Ok, so I swapped the neutral switch for one that is NC and as soon as I put it in 1 st gear it blows the backup fuse (reverse light).
    Still no low range.

Ive ordered both switches and having it replaced by GM on friday, hopefully all will be sorted then.

I think we have it wrong.
    As far as I can see (asked a friend at GM) the reverse light switch is NC and the neutral switch is NO. (not the other way around)
    I suspect the problem lies with the 1st gear switch that is located just under the reverse light switch as the reverse light fuse blows as soon as I put it in 1st gear.
    I think they might have been swapped.

So I found the problem that was causing the fuse to blow.
    There is a short somewhere on the loom from the 1st switch.
    I unplugged it and the 4L worked.
    I tested continuity to the body and there is a dead short.
    Now to find it.
    Thanks everyone for all the help and suggestions.

Mine is fixed. There is switches on the top of the gearbox with the same colour coded plugs as on the side which was swapped around.

Hi guys. I am sitting with a similar problem but maybe a little worse of. As I want to start bakkie check 4wd light comes on and bakkie does not want to start. I have tried reset procedure but to no avail. This happened a few weeks ago one morning but after a few attempts it worked again. Any help will be appreciated.

Got it started now. Disconnected the battery, connected again and there she started. What can it be.

This morning bakkie rode for a few km then same story again. Fortunately it happened just before in laws house.

Does anybody have advice for me where to start looking

Default Re: Electronic 4WD reset Procedure

Tried this reset procedure a few times today, didn't fear anything or see anything different.

I just took delivery of a 2005 KB300, when decelerating there's a grinding sound coming from the gearbox/transfer case & the revs drop to idle. While this grinding sound is audible, the 4L & 4H lights briefly flicker on intermittently. I'm guessing it's the Transfer case going into neural. When I accelerate again, the noise goes away and the bakkie pulls away & the noise returns when I decelerate again. The only way I don't get that noise is when I shift the gear lever into neural before I decelerate.

Lightbulb Re: Electronic 4WD reset Procedure

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkie View Post
    Try this when your 4WD systems locks you out, and refuse to react on trying to change gears in the T/case. Or if your local agent tells you your 4x4 actuator or controller is FUBAR.... They often get it wrong.

Ignition off. Press and hold all three buttons. While still holding the buttons, put the key in the ignition and turn to accessories (ACC). (don't start her!).

Now while holding the three buttons and the ignition on, press your clutch in all the way. Hold this (ignition on, press all three buttons, and clutch fully in) until you hear the gearbox reset. There is a mechanical sound when it happens (don't have your audio system at 120 decibels).

Takes roughly 30 seconds.
    Thanks a million times ,,my Isuzu 300 KB D tech gave me problem this morning now just sorted it out Tiego Motlhodi Upington
    Last edited by tiego motlhodi; 2016/12/24 at 07:08 PM.

Hi (2005 300 4x4) Im having the exact same problem, 4H goes in and out no problem, but 4 L it wont engage, after a few attempts the 4x4 check light comes on, Ive worked on the actuator behind the gearbox, had to strip it as oil was leaking from the gearbox, I've replaced the oil seal and O-ring, but bakkie has been standing for two months aswell, help would be appropriated, dont want to go to the stealers.
    Regards Charlton

Im having the same problem, 4L wont engage, which is the neutral sensor

Quote Originally Posted by Bunchat View Post
    Tried this reset procedure a few times today, didn't fear anything or see anything different.

I just took delivery of a 2005 KB300, when decelerating there's a grinding sound coming from the gearbox/transfer case & the revs drop to idle. While this grinding sound is audible, the 4L & 4H lights briefly flicker on intermittently. I'm guessing it's the Transfer case going into neural. When I accelerate again, the noise goes away and the bakkie pulls away & the noise returns when I decelerate again. The only way I don't get that noise is when I shift the gear lever into neural before I decelerate.
    Finally got around to removing the box, when opened it was discovered a worn selector Fork in the transfer case.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkie View Post
    Try this when your 4WD systems locks you out, and refuse to react on trying to change gears in the T/case. Or if your local agent tells you your 4x4 actuator or controller is FUBAR.... They often get it wrong.

Ignition off. Press and hold all three buttons. While still holding the buttons, put the key in the ignition and turn to accessories (ACC). (don't start her!).

Now while holding the three buttons and the ignition on, press your clutch in all the way. Hold this (ignition on, press all three buttons, and clutch fully in) until you hear the gearbox reset. There is a mechanical sound when it happens (don't have your audio system at 120 decibels).

Takes roughly 30 seconds.

Thanks this worked brilliantly on my 2012 Isuzu 300 LX, I have another question though. On the rear diff there is a spade connector point and there is a wire in a sleeve (no connector on it though) which I assume was meant to be attached with a spade connector to the connector point. What does this do and should I re-connect with a new spade connector. I think it has been like this for a while and have used the 4x4 on several occasions so does not seem to affect the 4x4 functioning although I have struggled to get it in and out of 4x4 before.

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Edwards View Post
    Thanks this worked brilliantly on my 2012 Isuzu 300 LX, I have another question though. On the rear diff there is a spade connector point and there is a wire in a sleeve (no connector on it though) which I assume was meant to be attached with a spade connector to the connector point. What does this do and should I re-connect with a new spade connector. I think it has been like this for a while and have used the 4x4 on several occasions so does not seem to affect the 4x4 functioning although I have struggled to get it in and out of 4x4 before.

Any suggestions?
    That is for your diff-lock. As its not connected, it will not work when you press the diff-lock button in the cab. Just reconnect it... I'm not sure if it can become sticky over time if its not frequently used.

It is also very easy to test if the diff lock has engaged or not after the connector has been replaced.... just go play on dirt and you will feel/hear it if its engaged :-)

Quote Originally Posted by PlaasBakkie View Post
    That is for your diff-lock. As its not connected, it will not work when you press the diff-lock button in the cab. Just reconnect it... I'm not sure if it can become sticky over time if its not frequently used.

It is also very easy to test if the diff lock has engaged or not after the connector has been replaced.... just go play on dirt and you will feel/hear it if its engaged :-)
    Cool thanks, will do!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3